Home

S/0 jingles- Guess the show from the theme song.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:38 pm
Dream
Send me a sign
Turn back the clock
Give me some time
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:43 pm
We're on the case and we're chasing her through history
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:06 am
youngishbear wrote:
We're on the case and we're chasing her through history


Carmen Sandiego? I only know the "where in the world" one, I'm guessing there was also a "where in time" version?

ETA I'm familiar with "where in time" as a computer game, didn't know it was actually a TV show.
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:36 am
cbsp wrote:
Carmen Sandiego? I only know the "where in the world" one, I'm guessing there was also a "where in time" version?

ETA I'm familiar with "where in time" as a computer game, didn't know it was actually a TV show.


I loved that computer game. Found out about the show later, but turns out the song is the same.
Back to top

Eishes Chaim




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:01 am
Far, very far from here, some 2000 miles away, that's where they live and work and plaaaay...
Back to top

Eishes Chaim




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:02 am
Surfing on a sound wave, swinging through the stars. Take a left at your intestine, take your second right past Mars
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:01 am
Eishes Chaim wrote:
Surfing on a sound wave, swinging through the stars. Take a left at your intestine, take your second right past Mars

Third rock from the sun
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:52 am
Eishes Chaim wrote:
Far, very far from here, some 2000 miles away, that's where they live and work and plaaaay...


Smurfs?
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:46 am
animeme wrote:
Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar.


This is a Bing Crosby song from the forties.

Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a mule?

A mule is an animal with long funny ears
Kicks up at anything he hears
His back is brawny but his brain is weak
He's just plain stupid with a stubborn streak
And by the way, if you hate to go to school
You may grow up to be a mule

Or would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a pig?

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
His shoes are a terrible disgrace
He has no manners when he eats his food
He's fat and lazy and extremely rude
But if you don't care a feather or a fig
You may grow up to be a pig

Or would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a fish?

A fish won't do anything, but swim in a brook
He can't write his name or read a book
To fool the people is his only thought
And though he's slippery, he still gets caught
But then if that sort of life is what you wish
You may grow up to be a fish

A new kind of jumped-up slippery fish
And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo
Every day you meet quite a few
So, you see it's all up to you
You can be better than you are
You could be swingin' on a star

No I don't remember it from the original, very funny. My mother used to sing it around the house.
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:57 am
zaq wrote:
This is a Bing Crosby song from the forties.

Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a mule?

A mule is an animal with long funny ears
Kicks up at anything he hears
His back is brawny but his brain is weak
He's just plain stupid with a stubborn streak
And by the way, if you hate to go to school
You may grow up to be a mule

Or would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a pig?

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
His shoes are a terrible disgrace
He has no manners when he eats his food
He's fat and lazy and extremely rude
But if you don't care a feather or a fig
You may grow up to be a pig

Or would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a fish?

A fish won't do anything, but swim in a brook
He can't write his name or read a book
To fool the people is his only thought
And though he's slippery, he still gets caught
But then if that sort of life is what you wish
You may grow up to be a fish

A new kind of jumped-up slippery fish
And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo
Every day you meet quite a few
So, you see it's all up to you
You can be better than you are
You could be swingin' on a star

No I don't remember it from the original, very funny. My mother used to sing it around the house.


Thank you!

The continuation for the theme song is (instead of the mule part)

"or would you rather be on Earth

An earthling's a creature who is plain as can be
He's not as unique as you or me
His body comes in lots of different shapes
They say his relatives were chimps and apes
But if you take my advice for what it's worth
You could be happy there on earth

Or would you like to swing on a star
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
You could be swinging on a star
You could be swinging on a star"


Last edited by cbsp on Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:58 am
Did anyone do
"love and marriage..."

yet?
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:19 pm
cbsp wrote:
Did anyone do
"love and marriage..."

yet?

Married with children
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:29 pm
There's a new girl in town and she's looking good
Back to top

ny21




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:36 pm
zaq wrote:
There's a new girl in town and she's looking good

alice
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:39 pm
monseymom25 wrote:
What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key...


The Wonder Years

(Joe Cocker version of the song)
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:41 pm
May Gd bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
May Gd bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.

Parenthood
I'm tearing up a bit....miss that show so much
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:52 pm
"There's four directions on this map but you're only going one way"
Back to top

cbsp




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:57 pm
"Cleveland rocks!"
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:00 pm
cbsp wrote:
"Cleveland rocks!"

Drew Carey Show
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 9 of 10 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Chanuka chagiga theme
by amother
4 Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:09 pm View last post
Looking for lyrics to my preschooler's song 2 Mon, Nov 16 2020, 2:42 pm View last post
Name the song! (and singer) 937 Mon, Nov 16 2020, 12:57 pm View last post
Search of song (Yiddish)
by PK1
14 Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:56 am View last post
by tf
The Official Song of the Bad Place 12 Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:49 am View last post