Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chassidishe boys
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:44 am
dankbar wrote:
No, its a lighweight black overcoat with buttons & belt.

It's washable, and comfortable to wear all day instead of a heavy wool warm tailored suit that would need dry cleaning after getting dirty often.

In most yeshivas boys sit & learn dressed, suit jackets are not used as an outside jacket that gets thrown off once inside, when they are teens.

Thank you for explaining.

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:46 am
imasoftov wrote:
Because if the secrets of chassidishe underwear (and the "thing of chassidishe shirts") were known, teenaged spies could infiltrate every area of life, even the mikvas!

There's no need to spell out what type of clothing is considered chassidish, because you can't find them in general stores only in local stores that cater to this crowd. They're exclusively manufactured by the locals for the locals.

If someone suspicious would walk into such a local store, I doubt they will be sold these items

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:48 am
dankbar wrote:
There's no need to spell out what type of clothing is considered chassidish, because you can't find them in general stores only in local stores that cater to this crowd. They're exclusively manufactured by the locals for the locals.

If someone suspicious would walk into such a local store, I doubt they will be sold these items

Why not?
You mean, if somebody asks for these items they won't sell them to this customer?
Or they won't be steered toward these particular items if they ask for assistance?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:49 am
dankbar wrote:
Don't call her stupid, she is trying to get informed, obviously since she is not chassidish, she wouldn't know what boys wear to yeshiva.

Sequoa, now you know the dresscode, you can sit into a yeshiva to learn!

This! I also felt that Plum's comment was rude and uncalled for.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:50 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
This! I also felt that Plum's comment was rude and uncalled for.

Wow no one has reading comprehension it’s against the rules to actually call someone names, which I didn’t. I said the thread is stupid.

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:53 am
DrMom wrote:
Why not?
You mean, if somebody asks for these items they won't sell them to this customer?
Or they won't be steered toward these particular items if they ask for assistance?

They only sell chassidish items so if a Non-Jewish person or a person that's not chassidish would try to buy chassidish clothing, it would raise flags.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
True but we are strict with only a wool beged. I've never seen a Chasid with cotton tzitzis.

My son!
And many others.
Tzitzis under shirt.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:56 am
dankbar wrote:
They only sell chassidish items so if a Non-Jewish person or a person that's not chassidish would try to buy chassidish clothing, it would raise flags.

Freunds sells for everyone across the board. They would direct them for what’s good for them. All dry goods stores sell for all types not only chassidish but they know what each type needs.

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:59 am
That's why it's hard to come by.

I remember reading how a chassidish old worn hat was sold for $1000 over internet. People who seek it, can't get it just like that.

For some it part of an antique collection, interesting item from olden times, or if they use it to dress up on Halloween.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Wow no one has reading comprehension it’s against the rules to actually call someone names, which I didn’t. I said the thread is stupid.

Oh, so now I'm the one being attacked! I'm actually quite intelligent and have very good reading comprehension skills.

So in other words, the only reason why you didn't actually come straight out and call Sequoia stupid is because it's against the rules, so instead you called the thread stupid, making OP feel stupid. And you quoted Sequoia when you did that, implying that you think she actually is stupid.

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:08 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Freunds sells for everyone across the board. They would direct them for what’s good for them. All dry goods stores sell for all types not only chassidish but they know what each type needs.

Huh? If you walk into a chassidish suit store could you buy a mainstream men's suit?
If you walk into a chassidish hat store could you buy a borsalino hat?
If you walk into Freund's dry good store could you get a wool tztizis with blue lines?
If you walk into chassidish Judaic store could you get a kippah srugo

Maybe only in Israel, or you can find a mixture by a store that caters to diverse crowd but not one that caters exclusively local chassidim.

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:09 am
Guys, it’s fine.

Amother plum has not made me suddenly doubt my intelligence Wink

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:12 am
dankbar wrote:
Huh? If you walk into a chassidish suit store could you buy a mainstream men's suit?
If you walk into a chassidish hat store could you buy a borsalino hat?
If you walk into Freund's dry good store could you get a wool tztizis with blue lines?
If you walk into chassidish Judaic store could you get a kippah srugo

Maybe only in Israel, or you can find a mixture by a store that caters to diverse crowd but not one that caters exclusively local chassidim.

Hats are different those are catered to different types. but tzitzis with blue lines ain’t common anywhere. But across the board freunds has for everyone and most dry goods stores have. I was talking about basics not the suits and hats.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:23 am
dankbar wrote:
About a year ago a group of actors came to Williamsburg to buy bekishes for a movie they were making. I remember seeing pictures of it. They sold them whatever they asked for.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Spooky. I never thought of that. That’s how imposters like FBI agents are always spotted it’s impossible to get all the nuances. I read a book about ww2 were people were caught because they were crossing themselves wrong for the denomination they said they were. Left to right or vice versa.

One of these days I'm going to start a conspiracy theory by accident.

soap suds

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:26 am
dankbar wrote:
No, its a lighweight black overcoat with buttons & belt.

It's washable, and comfortable to wear all day instead of a heavy wool warm tailored suit that would need dry cleaning after getting dirty often.

In most yeshivas boys sit & learn dressed, suit jackets are not used as an outside jacket that gets thrown off once inside, when they are teens.

I can’t believe you gave away our secret! What if OP is a Russian spy? Now, instead of showing up at yeshiva in a bathrobe, which would’ve been a dead giveaway, now he’ll show up looking like everyone else and blend right in. Who knows how much damage he’ll do before getting caught? Never mind all the other deep dark secrets he’ll pick up while there.
LOL

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:36 am
Okay.,...do tell....puhleez....,

What is chassidishe underwear?????

And why??????

Anon cuz I'm embarrassed of my ignorance.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:38 am
sequoia wrote:
Chalat is bathrobe in Russian.

Iמ Hebrew, חל"ת stands for חופשה ללא תשלום, literally "unpaid vacation", a furlough. I'm just free-associating as allowed by SCOTUS in NAACP v Alabama

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:41 am
sequoia wrote:
Guys, it’s fine.

Amother plum has not made me suddenly doubt my intelligence Wink

Chalat means a bathrobe in my house. I thought it was yiddish but it very well could be from Russian like a bunch of other words we use.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Okay.,...do tell....puhleez....,

What is chassidishe underwear?????

And why??????

Anon cuz I'm embarrassed of my ignorance.

Just curious- are you chassidish?
And for the record- my (chassidish) son (he of the cotton tzitzis wearer) wears Hanes boxer briefs so there’s no one thing
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics