Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chassidishe boys
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
My son!
And many others.
Tzitzis under shirt.

Very interesting thanks! I thought it wasn't allowed.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:07 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Very interesting thanks! I thought it wasn't allowed.

So many different shades and stripes in the chassidish world.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:39 am
This is such a cool thread; and inside peek into the chassidishe world.

Nobody answered yet about the wide sleeves; do all men/boys wear those shirts? Why don't they just roll up their sleeves? Don't they look funny when tefillin aren't on?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Nobody answered yet about the wide sleeves; do all men/boys wear those shirts? Why don't they just roll up their sleeves? Don't they look funny when tefillin aren't on?

They all look like regular shirt sleeves. Some are a 1/4 or 1/2 an inch wider than others. Depends on the size of your arm and the size of your tefilin. You don’t have to pull it down but you are more casual if you don’t. In yeshiva where teens need to conform I think most do. Also my son claims it’s uncomfortable to have it bunched up around his arm.

essgee

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:59 am

chasidish here: I don't know anyone who wears wide shirt sleeves.. I believe its a 'rebbishe' thing.

chasidishe shirts can be the direction of which the shirt is buttoned, some will be makpid on that

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:05 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
True but we are strict with only a wool beged. I've never seen a Chasid with cotton tzitzis.

Sorry to break it to you. My DH and boys wear cotton tzitzis and so do all my brothers and they wear a Chasidish levush.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
True but we are strict with only a wool beged. I've never seen a Chasid with cotton tzitzis.

Seriously? Where do you live? My family and DH family all wear cotton tzitzis. As do many many other's. Some inside their shirts some outside. They wear wool tzitzis on shabbos.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:07 am

No. It’s the first time that I’m hearing about these types of shirts and my boys and DH wear a Chasidish levush.
FYI, there isn’t only ONE type of Chasidish levush.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Seriously? Where do you live? My family and DH family all wear cotton tzitzis. As do many many other's. Some inside their shirts some outside. They wear wool tzitzis on shabbos.
In my family they wear cotton on Shabbos too.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:09 am
thunderstorm wrote:
In my family they wear cotton on Shabbos too.

Yeah many people do.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Okay.,...do tell....puhleez....,

What is chassidishe underwear?????

And why??????

Anon cuz I'm embarrassed of my ignorance.

Chasidish underwear (gotches) are loose fitted white cotton boxers. Not all chassidim wear chassidish underwear. DH wears Tommy Hilfiger or Hanes boxers.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:13 am
This thread cracks me up.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:15 am
My boys wear regular white shirts from Shirtsleeve.

They wear cotton tzitis during the week and wool on shabbos.

Underwear- everyone does what they want. My boys wear regular boxer briefs. Local stores sell them

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:15 am
thunderstorm wrote:
This thread cracks me up.

Yeah me too. Weirdest thread.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:31 am
This is a fascinating thread.
OP, as a mother of a newly bar mitzvah Litvishe boy, I'm going to mention some things you don't want to forget to buy- universal
Hat brush
Black Raincoat- the large ones that cover the hat
Black wool winter coat
Plastic bag for tefillin bag- my son likes the kind that has a strap that can be worn over the stroller
Tefillin mirror- Judaica stores sell them for under $5. My son said it's a huge help for positioning the tefillin
2 weekday jackets, coats, chalats, whatever you use. Machine wash- one to be worn and one to be washed.

I started washing wool tzitzis in the machine. I use the plastic Magen Tzitzit thingies (I found them in Gourmet Glatt at the checkout aisle). Cold, delicate load, and I remove the plastics and let drip dry as soon as possible. If the tzitzits get left outside, they might need to be ironed, but it gets properly cleaned.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:55 am
keym wrote:
OP, as a mother of a newly bar mitzvah Litvishe boy, I'm going to mention some things you don't want to forget to buy- universal
Hat brush
Black wool winter coat
Plastic bag for tefillin bag- my son likes the kind that has a strap that can be worn over the stroller
Tefillin mirror- Judaica stores sell them for under $5. My son said it's a huge help for positioning the tefillin
2 weekday jackets, coats, chalats, whatever you use. Machine wash- one to be worn and one to be washed.

I started washing wool tzitzis in the machine. I use the plastic Magen Tzitzit thingies (I found them in Gourmet Glatt at the checkout aisle). Cold, delicate load, and I remove the plastics and let drip dry as soon as possible. If the tzitzits get left outside, they might need to be ironed, but it gets properly cleaned.

Lol hat brush and rain coat is universal but wool coat is not. A coat is a must but wool is too fancy. I don’t think chasidish boys have a mirror either. Maybe I’ll try to machine wash the tzitzis.
My son wouldn’t be caught dead with the shoulder tefilin bag. I thought it’s so practical but in his crowd is more modern.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Lol hat brush and rain coat is universal but wool coat is not. A coat is a must but wool is too fancy. I don’t think chasidish boys have a mirror either. Maybe I’ll try to machine wash the tzitzis.

This. It's also more practical to get a waterproof winter coat.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:59 am
keym wrote:
Hat brush
Black wool winter coat

Hmm my son doesn’t have a hat brush or raincoat 🤷🏼‍♀️ Guess it’s not universal! I also never even heard of a tefilin mirror.

Where can you get a plastic bag for tefilin bag with a strap btw? Having a hard time finding that.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:03 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My son wouldn’t be caught dead with the shoulder tefilin bag. I thought it’s so practical but in his crowd is more modern.

So what does your son wear as outerwear in the winter?
Mine wouldn't be caught dead in a puffer jacket.

keym

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Hmm my son doesn’t have a hat brush or raincoat 🤷🏼‍♀️ Guess it’s not universal! I also never even heard of a tefilin mirror.

Where can you get a plastic bag for tefilin bag with a strap btw? Having a hard time finding that.

I meant universal as in not specific to Chassidishe vs Litvishe.
I found the bags in any Judaica store. Judaica Plaza, Judaica Place, Eichlers
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics