Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning Lady during COVID?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:36 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Same. We're still paying her.

My house is a wreck.

I’d love to know if she returns to work to you when you are ready to have her and for how long she stays. I am amazed that you are paying someone for so many months when she is not working for you.

My personal experience has been unfortunately that too many times my cleaning help has not been loyal. I recently gifted my housekeeper with a beautiful coat for her little boy. My thank you seems to be that she is coming ten minutes late and finishing her work ten minutes early every work day.

sky

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:42 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Same. We're still paying her.

My house is a wreck.

That is impressive.
I paid mine the first few weeks and took her back after shavous.
She was really grateful for when I did pay her.
To the poster above she is honest and hardworking. She has kids. Her DH can’t work bec of a recent injury. I couldn’t imagine how she would live.
But I can’t inagine paying for no work for 7 months.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 8:48 pm
sky wrote:
That is impressive.
I paid mine the first few weeks and took her back after shavous.
She was really grateful for when I did pay her.
To the poster above she is honest and hardworking. She has kids. Her DH can’t work bec of a recent injury. I couldn’t imagine how she would live.
But I can’t inagine paying for no work for 7 months.

Providing several weeks pay is beautiful.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 9:45 pm
We are being very careful in general (kids in school where everyone wears masks, no indoor playdates, no guests, etc) but I have had my cleaning lady back since some time in the late summer. She wears a mask the whole time (and so do I when she's around) and we mostly keep out of the room she's in (or far away in a large room). I have to say it makes me nervous when she's here, but keeping the house clean is not my strong point and it does a lot for my shalom bayis to have cleaning help.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 10:18 pm
Im a front line (health care) worker currently working full time. My husband is also working
full time. Kids are back in school BH! With masks..
I canceled my 1x weekly cleaning help end of February.
We are very careful in general, we dont allow anyone in our home.
We started back with cleaning help end of August.
I am bH pregnant and work is taking everything out of me. We KH have a large family.
She comes when no one is home, 1x a week.
I was not managing without.
Everyone has to do whats best for them.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 10:22 pm
Regular cleaning help.
(I bet I’m in the majority here, although most people won’t post on this thread. )
If she has exposure to someone with covid, or if we do, she doesn’t come.
We are also getting together with selected family and friends, without masks.
Honestly I kind of wish we would just get it already. Feels like the cases this wave are a much milder strain. I’d like to return to regular life already.

queen esther

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 11:26 pm
Haven't had my cleaning help since March. It's very hard and the constant mess and cleaning stress me out sometimes. Have been debating in my head for a while...also an essential health care worker here- part time though- and could really use the help but just felt as long as we could manage, it's not worth the risk. Agree with the poster who explained about it being an increase in exposure way more than going to store, and especially if she's in multiple houses with others etc, I just don't know. But I do hear the other side and may cave in soon.. But with cases going in the wrong direction, maybe not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics