Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What interesting facts/ideas I learned on this site
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 1:52 pm
acemom wrote:
Even when we have different minhagim, hashkafas or ideals, we all have one Torah!

It's actually fascinating to lurk on threads where people explain/defend their hashkafas etc. Imamother has opened up my eyes to the many paths in yiddishkiet.

I've also learned about the many different recipes for salt water... And hard boiled eggs....

I feel the same. I love how much I learnt here. Plus all the different personalities. Fascinating indeed!

Blessing1

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:00 pm
I learnt to put a storage bag over the mixer cover so it stays clean. This hack is genius!! I'm so grateful to the poster that mentioned it.

Surrendered

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:18 pm
I learned that if I post under my screen name I wont get any likes but if the same comment is posted under amother, I will receive many likes.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:54 pm
Surrendered wrote:
I learned that if I post under my screen name I wont get any likes but if the same comment is posted under amother, I will receive many likes.

Why on earth should that be so? Am I the only one who likes posts when I “like” the post regardless of who the poster is?

singleagain

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:04 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Why on earth should that be so? Am I the only one who likes posts when I “like” the post regardless of who the poster is?

I do so. But sometimes the who does color the post.

NotLazySusan

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:05 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

I thought maybe it’s because her screen name can be associated with the controversial Surrendered Wife.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:09 pm
I’ve learned that many men women shave their heads and don’t drive.

I’ve learned that intimacy and TH is a struggle for so many Sad possibly due to bad kallah teachers and parents that keep everything hush hush.

I’ve learned how each person has a story and we really don’t know anything from the outside.

I’ve learned that so many women struggle from infertility, cheating husbands, divorce, sickness, mental health problems, abuse ect and it’s really heartbreaking.

I’ve learned that no matter how diffrent we all are their is a few common threads. ❤️

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:38 pm
That there are frum people who iron underwear of all things

😜

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:40 pm
NotLazySusan wrote:
I thought maybe it’s because her screen name can be associated with the controversial Surrendered Wife.

Would be very dumb to keep back from liking a post because you don’t like the SN. But ok... I learnt something else here. That people actually do that.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 12:35 pm
I learned that a frightening number of women have no idea how their bodies work, or what their
anatomy in general looks like.

I learned that many women think that not telling their daughters anything about relations until the day before they get married will guarantee that they will stay virgins.

I learned that many women don't want to tell their daughters about periods until they are 14 or even later, and that they think tampons are a tool of the devil.

I learned that many women are confused, and don't understand that the only thing that makes you not a virgin, is the insertion of a male private part. You can use all the zex toys in the world, break your hymen in a dozen places, and still be a virgin according to halacha.

moonstone

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 2:33 pm
I learned about the clothing site Shein here and have ordered some nice things.

I've also learned that in some frum communities, it's common for grown women to call their mother "Mommy." Sounds so strange to me.

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 3:23 pm
moonstone wrote:

I've also learned that in some frum communities, it's common for grown women to call their mother "Mommy." Sounds so strange to me.

What do you call your mom?

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 3:37 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
What do you call your mom?

I assume mom.

moonstone

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 4:24 pm
Yes, I call her "Mom." Once in a while I'll call her on the phone and say, "Hi, Mommy!" and we both laugh because I'm obviously joking, trying to sound silly, like a little girl.

sequoia

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 4:29 pm
On Friends, when Rachel was scared about having a baby, she was like “Mommy, don’t ever leave me!”

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 4:38 pm
That deodorant on your inner thighs prevents heat rashes.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 5:15 pm
moonstone wrote:

If someone has called their mother mommy since they were small, why should they change that just because they have grown up? Smile
And at what age should the name change to something else? Smile

DrMom

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 5:29 pm
I didn't realize there were communities in which cholent is the main course for every single Shabbat lunch, and not because of convenience but because some were taught that it is mandated by halacha.

dankbar

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:07 pm
Why is someone going around hugging everyone here?

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:40 pm
I learnt that in some communities grown women call their mother “mom” and find it strange to call her “mommy”.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics