Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hospitals Can’t Go On Like This
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:26 pm
Bluepink wrote:
Honestly why did he fall off the ladder? one of the biggest symptoms of covid that I’ve seen is severe dizziness. we’ve had so many falls in the hospital of patients who should never have fell they just suddenly got dizzy and fell down... so it is possible that he had covid was climbing on a ladder got dizzy and fell and died.

Again this is not necessarily what happened but it’s definitely a possibility. same thing with strokes and heart attacks. Some people have risk factors foe strokes and heart attacks like high cholesterol and atrial fibrillation. But when people who are in their 40s with absolutely no risk factors come in with a severe stroke and have covid... well that’s why they had a stroke!

Young people had strokes before covid, fell off of high places , had heart attacks I actually know a guy he had his first heart attack 10 years ago at the age of 40, I know someone who had a stroke at 35 a couple years back ! Please it’s not all COVID!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:35 pm
I am an RN, and have spoken to many nurses across ny and nj. The hospitals are nowhere near full, most have only one covid unit. And very few severely ill.blue pink I wonder where you work, because I’m hearing very diff things than what you are saying. Confused
Definitely lots of fear monger ing and politics going on.

Bluepink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I am an RN, and have spoken to many nurses across ny and nj. The hospitals are nowhere near full, most have only one covid unit. And very few severely ill.blue pink I wonder where you work, because I’m hearing very diff things than what you are saying. Confused

I obviously won’t tell you where I work, but we have 4 covid units open now, apart from icu

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:53 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Why are you anonymous if you want people to believe your facts?

Bluepink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:37 pm
Whoever is hugging, please explain why.

Bluepink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:41 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Incentives to work? Hospitals aren’t offering incentives to work. There’s no hazard pay. If you work for a hospital, either you work or you can leave.

The state is chipping in for additional sick pay. They’re lucky the government is chipping in as well with PPE, because hospital contracts are usually done with only specific companies that usually overcharge them. The medical supplies industry is actually rife with kickbacks and all sorts of shady things that pass the expense onto you.

Many didn’t want to limit lucrative surgeries by choice - their hands were tied either by patients not coming, or from support staff themselves.

Hospitals are definitely suffering financially, as you concur, but this isn’t going away soon. The solution isn’t to blame people who caught a virus when the entire world is spreading it, the solution is more complex than that.

You’re speaking for your experience, I’m speaking from mine. My hospital offers incentive to work on a covid unit.

Bluepink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Would you do me a favor, would you address this here? There is this belief in our communities that people aren't getting as sick as they were in the spring, that the virus isn't as bad. Maybe you can offer up some facts?

I wish I could, no one would believe them Sad
I will say, I think people are still getting very sick, we just know a little bit more about how to treat them.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:15 pm
I'm sorry , but speak to people who have family members in hospitals and you will hear they are indeed full of covid19 patients currently. My close relative just lost an infant to covid19 in Columbia. Hospital is full of cases. Mt sinai is full of cases, my niece is there for v a different reason, another close relative had surgery in Lennox and they are also full of seriously ill covid patients. Yale has many serious cases.

Its definitely here but we've decided its all baloney and thats that.

You know the saying - I know what I know, don't confuse me with the facts

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Healthcare workers are exempt from the need to quarantine. As long as they don't have symptoms, they should come to work. If they do test positive, it depends on where they work. If you're on the front lines, you will be expected to come to work and wear extensive PPE, something they already do. If you do have symptoms, obviously, they don't want you to come to work.

There's been some studies that asymptomatic people are not efficient at spreading the virus because of their low viral load. I suspect we'll find that these "superspreaders" were actually symptomatic when all the dust settles.

or we will find out that the healthcare workers that tested positive and that were around medically vulnerable people were the superspreaders in hospitals.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:44 pm
From the title I thought you were talking about current hospital procedures due to covid. Where patients have no advocates. Masked birthing mothers and even sometimes newborns. And people dying left alone with family members begging to see them.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I'm sorry , but speak to people who have family members in hospitals and you will hear they are indeed full of covid19 patients currently. My close relative just lost an infant to covid19 in Columbia. Hospital is full of cases. Mt sinai is full of cases, my niece is there for v a different reason, another close relative had surgery in Lennox and they are also full of seriously ill covid patients. Yale has many serious cases.

Its definitely here but we've decided its all baloney and thats that.

You know the saying - I know what I know, don't confuse me with the facts

My friends mother is in the hospital with covid, the hospital isnt full (NY). Her mother went in for a non-covid related reason, then went back to the nursing home she lives in then went back to the hospital for the same non-covid related reason and all of a sudden had covid. So either something is wrong with the test, or the hospital falsified the data or the nursing homes are full of people with covid but are not being diagnosed because her mother was not exposed to anyone else and certainly didnt go to no parties or biden celebrations or weddings, etc. So something is very off with all of these results. Even Elon Musk said he got tested four times in the same day and two of the tests were positive and two were negative. So how do we know for sure that any of these tests are real?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:59 pm
The US is huge and this virus is location specific. So you can all be right.

wiki

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:11 pm
Was just going to say that. Hospitals are at capacity all over the Midwest. They still have capacity in the Northeast.

But it's hard to argue with the highest daily death count since May 7th. And considering that deaths are a lagging indicator to cases, expect that number to shoot upward a lot for the next three weeks or so.

The numbers look like they could be as bad as March/April again, or even worse. It's that-level bad.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics