Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Tips for magazine writers
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:48 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
It’s about cadence you surface from your hermitage. Why applaud cryptonymously?

It isn’t too oft that one finds a kindred soul, a sister of sorts, and though your cranial matter may not be as mellifluous as my own it has been a joie de vivre to make contact with your esteemed hippocampus.
The pleasure is all yours.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
It isn’t too oft that one finds a kindred soul, a sister of sorts, and though your cranial matter may not be as mellifluous as my own it has been a joie de vivre to make contact with your esteemed hippocampus.
The pleasure is all yours.

You do notice that one can easily hurl insults at the other this way without anyone noticing, right? LOL
The pleasure is indeed all mine. I feel more like an esteemed hippopotamus though!

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:15 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
You do notice that one can easily hurl insults at the other this way without anyone noticing, right? LOL
The pleasure is indeed all mine. I feel more like an esteemed hippopotamus though!

Oh you poor indignant, indigent, indigenous thing!
That’s your inner Babe I hear weeping from the nadir of your duodenum and ilium.
But if you feel the need to be a hippopotamus this day, make it a good one.

MangoSmoothie

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:11 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Amother Orange and Extra Credit, this is amazing.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I hate when errors in my students' favorite publications make it harder for me to teach a grammar/usage rule. "But everyone writes like this!"

The worst offenders are the advertisement circulars.

Also, don't get me started on those rule-breaking fads in the magazines that creep into my students' work.

Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times over.
You can all excuse yourselves as having off days and it being ok to make mistakes. It’s not okay. No quality writer outside of our heimish circle would deem this okay. No editorial staff of any upstanding secular publication would allow these mistakes to pass.
Like I wrote before, it lowers the bar and allows our teens to believe the educational system and rules are wrong because some unaccredited writer in xyz magaZine writes that way.

And don’t get me started on the issue of reporting opinions as facts, without providing credible sources or solid research. Suddenly, housewife and writer Shptintza Klein is a psychologist, lawyer, medical expert, accountant, marriage counselor and everything in between from the cozy spot at her desk. She passes information that she googled as law. Our gullible and impressionable teens (and dare I say adults..) , who have developed less and less ability to discern fact from opinion, swallow it whole.
There is very little accountability in our frum publications, and there’s no excuse for why not.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Oh you poor indignant, indigent, indigenous thing!
That’s your inner Babe I hear weeping from the nadir of your duodenum and ilium.
But if you feel the need to be a hippopotamus this day, make it a good one.

It’s time you jettison your thesaurus into a morass for eternity! Your convictions are all muddled, probably from the begrimed morass! The more I use morass in my peroration I feel better with my hippopotamus title. As long as you keep the morass one. You can even annex an “esteemed” to morass if it makes you felicitous!

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 2:50 am
Thanks to the posters who took it upon themselves to show with a little bit of humor how NOT to use a thesaurus.

Those are really excellent illustrations of what OP meant.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club