Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
“YOU AND YOUR PRAYER BOOK CAN GET OFF!”
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 10  11  12  Next

oodlesofnoodles

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 7:36 am
Hi I watched the video and she clearly says her mask fell on the floor. To Delta, that means non compliance. Seems like there is a lot more to the story than the video/article.
I just flew last week and someone sitting one row behind me had the same issue. He called the flight attendant and requested another mask immediately and was given one. There was no confrontation and no planes had to be turned around.

sequoia

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 7:52 am
Just, knowing Fox, she would raise her daughters to be particularly ladylike and polite.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 8:33 am
The problem was the inference that her religion was the problem. If a black, Muslim, gay, etc person loses his mask, the flight attendant can't involve those factors in addressing the issue.

tweek

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 8:56 am
Always amazes me how people would rather make up a new story with many embellishments, rather than trust the storyteller who the story actually happened to!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 9:55 am
Now, who is the loving poster giving out generous hugs here?

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Dec 07 2020, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

number

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 10:01 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

and as an aside would think the airline would not take kindly to employee unnecessarily messing up schedule and wasting fuel
That’s true. The employee took a power trip and cost the airline time, money, and pr.

Fox let us know if we should call delta.

number

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 10:01 am
flowerpower wrote:
Now, who is the generous and loving poster giving out generous hugs here?
Same one as last time maybe? Here we go again Smile

Fox

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:11 pm
number wrote:
That’s true. The employee took a power trip and cost the airline time, money, and pr.

Fox let us know if we should call delta.

Honestly, I suspect we've all done enough at this point. I truly appreciate everyone's concern over the incident.

As I said upthread, I think it's important to make the point without going overboard. There are plenty of people in the world who suffer real trauma on a daily basis -- this was just an unpleasant, inconvenient, and embarrassing situation.

My daughter and I have discussed it at length, as you can imagine, going over various scenarios to determine if she was accidentally guilty of somehow escalating the situation.

We've concluded that the initial flight attendant -- who is not in any of the videos -- either had some stereotypes about religious Jews and mask compliance; was having a really awful day; or somehow my daughter inadvertantly got on her last nerve.

Funnily enough, this particular daughter is a BCBA, so her focus is always about correcting non-adaptive behaviors or whatever the loshen is. After the initial shock wore off, she's more perplexed that airlines in general and Delta in particular seem to use the singularly most ineffective methods to achieve mask compliance.

Of course, this particular daughter (Clementine, for those who recall my kits) can walk down Ocean Parkway and have people tossing job offers at her while the rest of us go begging. Knowing her, she'll talk to Delta and somehow end up with a paying gig out of the whole thing. She'll then tell me, in that way that young adults do, "See, Ma! It turned out for the best! Gam zu l'tovah!"

And, like all mothers, I'll be torn between nachas and rolling my eyes. Very Happy

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:29 pm
How exactly does a mask fall on the floor? I really don't understand how such a thing can happen to a responsible adult.

And if by chance such a thing happened, I would hope the adult would rectify it in 2 seconds flat, before anyone even noticed.

I mean, if your sheitel fell on the floor, how long exactly would it take you to get it back on? And how likely is it that you would let your sheitel fall off in the first place?

I also use the disposable masks all the time. I keep a few extra in my purse in case one tears (and obviously if flying, one shouldn't rely only on one disposable mask!)

Also, it's crucial to make sure the mask fits properly, to pinch it over the nose, and make sure the string loops aren't too big for your head, leaving your nose to hang out.

I do think the airline went way, way overboard. Absolutely not OK in any way. But I don't think the woman was blameless either. An adult's mask shouldn't be 'falling to the floor' on an airplane (if that's what was admitted on the tape. I did not listen to it).

Success10

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
How exactly does a mask fall on the floor? I really don't understand how such a thing can happen to a responsible adult.

And if by chance such a thing happened, I would hope the adult would rectify it in 2 seconds flat, before anyone even noticed.

I mean, if your sheitel fell on the floor, how long exactly would it take you to get it back on? And how likely is it that you would let your sheitel fall off in the first place?

I also use the disposable masks all the time. I keep a few extra in my purse in case one tears (and obviously if flying, one shouldn't rely only on one disposable mask!)

Also, it's crucial to make sure the mask fits properly, to pinch it over the nose, and make sure the string loops aren't too big for your head, leaving your nose to hang out.

I do think the airline went way, way overboard. Absolutely not OK in any way. But I don't think the woman was blameless either. An adult's mask shouldn't be 'falling to the floor' on an airplane (if that's what was admitted on the tape. I did not listen to it).

Masks do fall on the floor. And if your mask fell on a floor that's trampled on by hundreds of strangers every day, in the middle of a pandemic, would you put it back on your mouth, or request a replacement?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:36 pm
goodness! what tweek and others have said
and fox

and if we are indeed judged as we judge others....

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:37 pm
Success10 wrote:
Masks do fall on the floor. And if your mask fell on a floor that's trampled on by hundreds of strangers every day, in the middle of a pandemic, would you put it back on your mouth, or request a replacement?

I've never seen a mask fall to the floor, sorry. Definitely not an adult's mask. Definitely not an adult who took care to wear a proper mask their size (and the disposable ones can be just fine).

In fact, I work with teens day in and day out, and even with all their shenanigans, the mask doesn't fall to the floor.

And a responsible adult would come with a few spare masks, if she were using the disposable type.

Again - the airline was totally out of line, and acted unfairly not only to the passenger but mainly to all the other passengers on board who were delayed. But this woman should be more careful next time. Some people seem to see the mask as a mere recommendation, not as a mandatory health measure.

CrazyDaisie

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:37 pm
Success10 wrote:

I always try to have a few masks with me, because I know I'm clumsy or I could lose one or I might need to change mask when it's too damp.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:38 pm
me too
however things happen
no one is perfect
and no one said this happened in this rapidly becoming a fiction based on a true story saga...

and all the while people unmasked are eating and drinking....

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:39 pm
Success10 wrote:

If you were not responsible enough to bring spare masks in your bag, then yeah, you have no choice but to wear the mask that fell on the floor till they bring a replacement. You can't sit their maskless for several minutes until a flight attendant has time to attend to you.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:40 pm
ok so I guess we could all fashion a face covering from the napkins they provide Wink especially if you have some chewing gum -- it could be like mask escape room 2020

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:41 pm
CrazyDaisie wrote:
I always try to have a few masks with me, because I know I'm clumsy or I could lose one or I might need to change mask when it's too damp.

This. Most people I know carry several, in case one tears, or in case you start sweating in your mask.

Definitely I can't imagine flying with only one.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:43 pm
me neither and still has nothing to do with what the flight attendant and delta did to fox' daughter

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
me too
however things happen
no one is perfect
and no one said this happened in this rapidly becoming a fiction based on a true story saga...

and all the while people unmasked are eating and drinking....

This is why I don't fly these days. Because everyone is an enclosed, windowless space, maskless during meals.

But in any case, the airline rules is that besides for mealtimes, you need to be masked, full stop.

tweek

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 6:19 pm
I'm having a really hard time not engaging.........

Just sayin
Page 7 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics