Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o last question u asked your Rav
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

yksraya

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:22 am
If I can go to the weddings of nieces/nephews while in the year of aveilus.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:25 am
If I can start using VCF

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:33 am
I live in Israel. On the first night of chanuka I asked my Rav if I could attend a zoom levaya (and listen to hespeidim ) that was taking place in the US before chanuka started, when hespeidim were still allowed.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:56 am
If I'm allowed to accept an appliance delivery, scheduled to arrive on Shabbas.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 1:48 am
I live on the top floor of an apartment building. The roof was leaking and there was some old leftover junk from a previous renovation that was done by someone who moved away 7 years ago that needed to be cleared away.

We asked the Rav if everyone has to chip in to fix the leaking, or only the residents on the top floor

Who has to pay to to get the junk removed, if we can contact the people responsible, is there is a statue of limitations in halacha?

If someone refuses to pay, can we redivide the cost between everyone else?

and a few more questions on the topic

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 1:59 am
Whether I should continue working for a tzedakah that was paying me, because it felt wrong to be paid, and that the goal had become the money and not the Mitzvah.

Einikel

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:01 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Whether I should continue working for a tzedakah that was paying me, because it felt wrong to be paid, and that the goal had become the money and not the Mitzvah.

Interesting question are you comfortable sharing the answer?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:08 am
Einikel wrote:
Interesting question are you comfortable sharing the answer?

I was already donating the money, and it’s complicated because it felt like I was working in order to give people tzedakah from another tzedakah instead of donating from my own pockets. Giving tzedakah has become a status symbol everywhere, don’t you think? I can’t even articulate the question properly the whole thing just feels wrong.

He said to give it to a Talmud Chacham. I can’t say that I’ve found one to give it to get, but maybe Hashem can send one my way.

salt

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:09 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
If yet another parve utensil that went through my meat dishwasher was now a meat utensil Can't Believe It

I don't have a dishwasher, but why would you need to ask this question more than once?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:25 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Oooo that’s a good one. And does my knife become fleishig? Write this down

I love humor but this is so sad and so wrong! Sad

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:27 am
fish wrote:
Can I kill my parents and what is the most kosher way

Sorry I’m tired... but did you actually ask this? Hug

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 5:16 am
Whether I can make Crystal Light on Shabbos (water gets colored red). Answer is yes - you are making it for the taste, not for the color.

giselle

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:29 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I live on the top floor of an apartment building. The roof was leaking and there was some old leftover junk from a previous renovation that was done by someone who moved away 7 years ago that needed to be cleared away.

We asked the Rav if everyone has to chip in to fix the leaking, or only the residents on the top floor

Who has to pay to to get the junk removed, if we can contact the people responsible, is there is a statue of limitations in halacha?

If someone refuses to pay, can we redivide the cost between everyone else?

and a few more questions on the topic

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 7:32 am
I am an abuse survivor. After many years of suffering I asked a Rav that actually understands abuse many questions about Taharas Hamishpacha.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
If I can go to the Mikva since I forgot a bedika on the 7th day

What did he say?

Last question was whether I can use BC. Twisted Evil

honey36

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:26 am
salt wrote:
I don't have a dishwasher, but why would you need to ask this question more than once?

Probably because utensils of different materials may have a different answer (like hard plastic ladle not ok, but a metal one may be ok).

honey36

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:28 am
This is such an interesting thread. The last question I asked my rav was if I can tell a child with a voice disorder not to whisper when davening, just move lips. (whispering can be harmfull to vocal chords)

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:31 am
I asked if a charity organization can reach out to him on my behalf . My DH was not giving me any money and I was dealing with what many would refer to as financial abuse. My Rav knew about it and was willing to vouch for me.

Rappel

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:37 am
Is there a bracha for planting trees in Eretz Yisrael?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 10:40 am
The last question I personally asked (emailed) my rav is whether I have to sit on the floor or low down on Tisha b'Av if I was in pain from sciatica. Answer: no

The previous questions to that all had to do with availus.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics