Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 26  27 28  29  30  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:51 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I was told yesterday that the girl got a call Monday night.
😡 😡 😡

That is rishus, plain and simple.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:53 am
My heart is hurting reading all this. My wonderful seventh grade daughter is definitely emotionally fragile and I can’t even fathom her going through any of this next year 😭

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:54 am
I’d be nervous they’d embarrass her in front of the other girls.

If it were me, I’d pull both girls out. Anyone who would do this is not someone I want ‘educating’ my children. I’d also publicize it (or at least not keep it a secret- I.e. I would answer honestly if people asked why we left that school), so others would keep away.

I don't know that you can do that to the sister. One traumatized teen is enough. But you're right, I don't want to send my kid there. Can you post the school?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:55 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I don't know that you can do that to the sister. One traumatized teen is enough. But you're right, I don't want to send my kid there. Can you post the school?

I wasn’t told which school did it.

small bean

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
My heart is hurting reading all this. My wonderful seventh grade daughter is definitely emotionally fragile and I can’t even fathom her going through any of this next year 😭

IYH your daughter will get innto a school and won't have to deal with it at all. But start letting go of your fears and anxiety about it now, so that she won't have any anxiety about it.

The way you project the situation is the way she will perceive it.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 10:00 am
I’d be nervous they’d embarrass her in front of the other girls.

If it were me, I’d pull both girls out. Anyone who would do this is not someone I want ‘educating’ my children. I’d also publicize it (or at least not keep it a secret- I.e. I would answer honestly if people asked why we left that school), so others would keep away.

This is one of those things that's easier said than done. I know someone who was treated horribly by the school that eventually accepted their dd. They're disgusted at the thought that these are the people who are going to be mechanech their dd for the next four years. But they had such a hard time getting into this school that they cant take a chance that she'll be home for the next four years.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 10:03 am
I heard that at least one school un-accepted girls (even siblings), because ‘there is a new school opening so why should our classes be so over-filled’.

If this is true (I did hear it from a very reliable source, but I don’t know how many schools/girls had this), the new school might create a bigger issue, especially if they are only taking 30 girls.

This sounds very strange. The new school told me that they have a few years in witch they can pick witch girls are coming and won't have to take a girls that would not be a good fit for them. Not that they have to take any girl with out a school

The new school is set up to take only normal good Bais Yaakov girls, not every parent that does not have there kid in school yet was invited to the meeting that they had only the ones that they wanted to take into there school, if a school is un-accepting a girl right before school starts there is a lot more to the story then you know.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
This is one of those things that's easier said than done. I know someone who was treated horribly by the school that eventually accepted their dd. They're disgusted at the thought that these are the people who are going to be mechanech their dd for the next four years. But they had such a hard time getting into this school that they cant take a chance that she'll be home for the next four years.

I posted upthread that I have a niece who didn't get into high school right away, a few years ago. I actually think it's great that in the end, she went to a wonderful high school that she hadn't even applied to originally (but was a great fit for her, and she did beautifully there). I actually think in a way it was a win-win, because there was no negative history. This school had never rejected her, and in fact, embraced her with open arms. There was no anger - just appreciation and good will.

I think for this reason it pays to be open-minded about schools you apply to. Instead of pushing for your dream school that you have to grovel to get into....consider whether a school with a more open attitude is a good fit for you.

I once spoke to my DD's elementary school principal (Mrs. Epstein) and she told me that so many times, there are people who are convinced they only want a certain school...and they push and push for that school. And sometimes they get in, and then they aren't even happy, and they wonder why they pushed so hard. It's something I really took to heart when looking for a high school for my girls. Go where you're wanted.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:26 pm
I heard that at least one school un-accepted girls (even siblings), because ‘there is a new school opening so why should our classes be so over-filled’.

If this is true (I did hear it from a very reliable source, but I don’t know how many schools/girls had this), the new school might create a bigger issue, especially if they are only taking 30 girls.

I dont blame them
Who wants to be in a class with 47 girls
Thats insane

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:22 pm

Is this reliable source the parents of the girl who got un-accepted?

Is this what they are telling people why their daughter is not in school?

Like I said before this sounds very strange that a school would un-accept a girl right before school starts just because ther'r class is to big.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Is this reliable source the parents of the girl who got un-accepted?

Is this what they are telling people why their daughter is not in school?

Like I said before this sounds very strange that a school would un-accept a girl right before school starts just because ther'r class is to big.

No, it is someone involved in a different school and in helping girls find the right school. It is very strange, and there may be more to the story but this (well respected, highly intelligent) person wasn’t aware of anything more & told me about it because they felt bad for the girl.

galbis

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 5:29 am
Raaya

A warm, educational, complementary program for girls who are not enrolled in high school; located in Lakewood.

It gives teens the opportunity to socialize, learn and enjoy a routine with their peers. Activities include shiurim, art, gardening and volunteering.

To learn more, contact 347 816 1158.

small bean

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 5:39 am
Is that your relative?

galbis

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 5:46 am
Yes

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:34 pm

Last edited by amother on Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:35 pm
Anyone know anything about Meiras high school?
What type..?

small bean

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Anyone know anything about Meiras high school?
What type..?

I don't have concrete info but if you pm me, I can tell you someone who sends there.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 7:47 am
Now 5781 is over I would like to make a few comments:

1)A few people said that school will not start until every girls is in a school. The El-Skeptic said school will start regular time even if there are girls without schools, unfoutanitly I was right.

2)The Lakewood Shopper asked people in the Sukkus rag what to do about girls High school, Talk about clueless, There were so many people who were blaming the parents, I guess it is easier to blame the parents then face the reality.

3)My sister was saying over Y"T that they new in January how many girls took the test and how many seats there were in High Schools. They new there was going to be a big problem why were they not working on it then? To be fair there were suppose to be 2 new schools, however one was full before they opened and the other one folded pretty fast. Even with schools opening there was still not enough seats. They need to start a few schools every year to have normal size class rooms.

In anther 4 mouths 5782 year's 8th graders will start applying to high School the only thing I can tell the Mama's is don't be a basket case. I know someone who when her daughter was in 5ht grade she started to worrier about High School and by the time her daughter was in 8th grade the girl was a nerves wreak she did not go on her 8th grade school trip, or to summer camp. The girl felt less then a person. Don't do that to your daughter, if your daughter is a worrier don't feed it, if you are nervous don't let your daughter know it will not help

Remember worrying is like a rocking chair it keeps you busy and you don't get anywhere

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:11 am
Did anyone send to the new school that opened in September?
Small bean, is your dd in school yet?

I think part of the high school problem is that some elementary schools have a high school connected to the elementary. The schools like Bais Faiga who don’t have their own high school are the ones with girls who are often left out if they are the oldest girl in the family.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:11 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Now 5781 is over I would like to make a few comments:

1)A few people said that school will not start until every girls is in a school. The El-Skeptic said school will start regular time even if there are girls without schools, unfoutanitly I was right.

2)The Lakewood Shopper asked people in the Sukkus rag what to do about girls High school, Talk about clueless, There were so many people who were blaming the parents, I guess it is easier to blame the parents then face the reality.

3)My sister was saying over Y"T that they new in January how many girls took the test and how many seats there were in High Schools. They new there was going to be a big problem why were they not working on it then? To be fair there were suppose to be 2 new schools, however one was full before they opened and the other one folded pretty fast. Even with schools opening there was still not enough seats. They need to start a few schools every year to have normal size class rooms.

This doesn't mean anything it's a bunch of teens and preteens answering the questions.
Page 27 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 26  27 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries