Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 27 28  29  30  Next

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did anyone send to the new school that opened in September?
Small bean, is your dd in school yet?

I think part of the high school problem is that some elementary schools have a high school connected to the elementary. The schools like Bais Faiga who don’t have their own high school are the ones with girls who are often left out if they are the oldest girl in the family.

I've said this before and will say it again.

A high school was opened to service BF many years ago. And many girls from BF get accepted to that high school if they choose to apply there. It's called Bais Kaila.

I hear that another high school is planning to open to service BF. And I bet the same thing will happen - it will cater to a certain demographic, and not everyone from BF will choose to apply there.

BF is simply to big and diverse for one high school to be able to service it right now. By the time they get to high school, many girls want something different from the next girl. There's no one school that works for every girl in BF.

small bean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Small bean, is your dd in school yet?

I think part of the high school problem is that some elementary schools have a high school connected to the elementary. The schools like Bais Faiga who don’t have their own high school are the ones with girls who are often left out if they are the oldest girl in the family.

Not yet.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:43 am
Chayalle wrote:
I've said this before and will say it again.

A high school was opened to service BF many years ago. And many girls from BF get accepted to that high school if they choose to apply there. It's called Bais Kaila.

I hear that another high school is planning to open to service BF. And I bet the same thing will happen - it will cater to a certain demographic, and not everyone from BF will choose to apply there.

BF is simply to big and diverse for one high school to be able to service it right now. By the time they get to high school, many girls want something different from the next girl. There's no one school that works for every girl in BF.
BF itself keeps talking about opening a high school. If they did I would send in a heartbeat. BK takes from so many schools and it ended up with a certain crowd. I think if BF opened their own place they’d end up with more of a mix. Which is what I want. ESP since if you send one kid to a school you need to send the next one there as well.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
BF itself keeps talking about opening a high school. If they did I would send in a heartbeat. BK takes from so many schools and it ended up with a certain crowd. I think if BF opened their own place they’d end up with more of a mix. Which is what I want. ESP since if you send one kid to a school you need to send the next one there as well.

I don't think so. I've heard talk about what they intend to open, and it will not have automatic acceptance. So it will not be a mix.

I don't want to post more of what I've heard, but feel free to pm me if you want.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:56 am
I just want to say that pull really helps. My daughter got into aderes in august and I asked them why they took her when other girls were waiting to get in too. They said so many people called for my daughter and they heard good things they took her. I had teachers in aderes call, parents, my daughters 7th grade teacher call, friends and neighbors of the Drillmans call them. I did this for Oros and bais kaila too. It’s like for shidduchim people call shadchanim and have people push a shidduch you need to do it for high school too. I don’t like it but that’s how it works in Lakewood u need people calling for u. They said we’re a nice family my husband learns my daughter is an amazing girl bla bla bla.

8th grade parents start thinking of ur pull now anyone that teaches in the high school or related to principals or your daughters teachers or someone she worked for. My daughter worked in day camps and they called for her. Don’t be embarrassed to call that’s what u gotta do to get in

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Yes, me, my husband and I figured that she would get a good year this year, the reason for not sending would be, What about next year would they be able to get a 9th grade ,would the school just fold?

A lot of things could happen from now to next year, people could decided to send there it might get a very good name that you can't get in. Lots of things could happen. Worrying about next year was not a good enough reason not to send there.

My DD likes it so far, hopefully it will work out.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Yes, me, my husband and I figured that she would get a good year this year, the reason for not sending would be, What about next year would they be able to get a 9th grade ,would the school just fold?

A lot of things could happen from now to next year, people could decided to send there it might get a very good name that you can't get in. Lots of things could happen. Worrying about next year was not a good enough reason not to send there.

is this the bender school. how many girls in her class.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:09 pm

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:35 pm

Can you tell me what type of girls are there?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I don't think so. I've heard talk about what they intend to open, and it will not have automatic acceptance. So it will not be a mix.

I don't want to post more of what I've heard, but feel free to pm me if you want.
My oldest is in fourth grade so I have time bh. That’s disappointing though.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Yes, the uniform and school handbook is from their school in the 5 towns

Right now there is 11 there might be more after Sukous

I am not to good with type, the 3 girls that I know went there are I guess you would call them normal BY type.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:06 pm
Cerulean, you have a great attitude. I respect that alot!

amother
Black

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:25 pm
Yes, the uniform and school handbook is from their school in the 5 towns

Right now there is 11 there might be more after Sukous

I am not to good with type, the 3 girls that I know went there are I guess you would call them normal BY type.

what do u mean not to good?
I'm wondering abt sending next yr ? why are there so few girls.

small bean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:29 pm
There are so few girls because people have reasons for not sending. They are still hoping for more.

I dont think it is fair to discuss this school on a public forum.

Regarding type, I have a list of the familiew. If you mean type as in religous, it is a mix. These are all girls that didnt get in anywhere elso, so it is not a type. It will become more of a type in future years.

Im not sending there but the Benders have been updating me...

Last edited by small bean on Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:29 pm
small bean wrote:
Not yet.

I'm sorry. I hope you get good news very soon.

small bean

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:57 pm
My daughter got in to school today. BH.

2mom2

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:02 pm
Bh! Hope she has a wonderful experience iyh.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:03 pm
small bean wrote:

That’s great!
I hope she has a wonderful time in HS.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:13 pm
small bean wrote:

bH!!!! was it one of your choices?

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:24 pm
Mazal tov!! I'm so happy to hear. Was thinking of you and your daughter.... She should be matzliach!
Page 28 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 27 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries