Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30  Next

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:32 pm
small bean wrote:
My daughter got in to school today. BH.

Bh! I was really concerned about you, but I didn't want to keep asking. I hope she has an amazing four years and you should have a lot of nachas from her.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:37 pm
small bean wrote:
My daughter got in to school today. BH.
BH!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:07 pm
Bh so happy for u small bean
What school? Was it one of ur choices?

small bean

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
bH!!!! was it one of your choices?

Yes! My daughters first choice.

small bean

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bh so happy for u small bean
What school? Was it one of ur choices?

Dont want to say on a public forum until she starts. Will post her story next week...

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:25 pm
Amazing small bean!! So happy for you and your daughter… bH!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:38 am
I am so happy small bean! Wishing her (and you) much Hatzlacha in her high school years!

small bean

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:51 pm
As promised, here is my daughter's story.

My daughter is considered a top girl. She has rop accademics, middos, bahavior, tzinus etc. She is very unassuming and full of chein. She was G.O. She has a solid group of friends, and was liked by everyone in the class. The kind of girl, no one would expect to not get into high school.

We applied to 4 schools, as told to, but did not really have a preference as I really feel they are the same to a certsin extent and she would do well anywhere.

Back in Feb, after she interviewed at one school, they called her elementary school and told her they wanted to take her and to let the other schools she applied to know. Her principal, knowing we were ojay with any of her choices, let us know that we were good. When the other schools called to find out about the girls in her class, they let them know, my duaghter was taken.

Answers were going out on the Friday before shavuos. That week, the principal had a call witj all the parents and let us know, if you were not in a school, they had contacted you. So my daughter continued to assume that she was in a school.

On Friday, the day the answers were mailed out, (they only mail acceptances. Otherwise, you dont get anything) I got a call from her principal that the school that was taking her, took her off their list for now. She basically was no longer in a school. The problem was no other schools knew who she was. As it was Friday, my husband and I made a few phone calls, did not say anything to my daughter and brought shabbos in.

On Monday, I took my daughter out of school for an appointment and told her as I knew, her core group of friends all got in to the same school. She was so sincerely happy for them, that I was so inspired by her strength and it carried me through that conversation.

At this point, my daughter wanted to go where her friends got in (BH that is where she got in at the end) and not to the school that originally said they would take here, (although after interviews, it was her first choice). We decided that if that school will take her, we will send. Otherwise, we will try to push her where her friends got in.

Over the next few weeks, we tried pushing and then got a call from the vaad the last week of school, that the original school is going to take her, (although know one called or anything) when they are ready. I had the attitude that if they send us an acceptance letter before the school her friends are in, we will happily send there, but we will continue trying this other school.

I really wanted her to be able to go to camp in August, knowing what school she was going to, but clearly that was not meant to be. We kept calling the school her friends were in and people were calling for her as well. First we were being told they are full and then the response became, this other school took you, which the reply was that they did not take her. And throughout all this the vaad kept telling us, they are going to take your daughter and some point, no gaurantees as to when.

At the end of August, she was still not in a school. One night, my husband was talking to the owner of the school her friends were in and the owner asked him. I don't understand, didn't this other school take her and what's the story. Until now, we were extremely careful not to say anything bad about that school, as we heard it can backfire. (Although we understood they were holding on to her, because they wanted to get good girls at the end of the vaad list). My husband basically told him what has been going on and he said he is going to find out what the story is. The next day, the vaad let us know that thr original school is not going to be taking her.

It is now a week until school starts and no one really has room. Now a new school is opening and they want my daughter very badly. They call us non stop and everytime we talk to any other school, they tell us to go to the new school. For many reasons, we did not feel like this new school would work for her and decided to keep waiting.

Right after rosh hashana, the vaad told me that my 4th choice school will take her and set up an interview. I only applied to the 4th school, because you need to apply to 4. My daughter did not want to go there at all, I told her lets do the interview. I thought the interview went well, and I asked the principal, when do I need to give an answer by and she said after succos. The day after yom kippur, I got a call from my daughters elementary school principal, that they are not taking her because I need time to decide. They dont like that she's not happy to go there. My daughter was so relieved.

Over succos, I ignored the topic but her elementary school principal and famy and friends were calling all the schools. We have no idea what changed, but the schoold of her choice, took her on Monday after Succos.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 10:00 pm
Wow what a story. Why would a school do that, say they are taking her and not allow any other school to touch her? It's so wrong. I wonder if they do this often.

small bean

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Wow what a story. Why would a school do that, say they are taking her and not allow any other school to touch her? It's so wrong. I wonder if they do this often.

I have heard schools do this, so when they are forced to take girls, they get their top choices. But they also will drop these girls if their ego gets in the way or they look bad..I perosnally saved every phone call, vm, text mesg etc incase I ever need it. I sort of want to do something to prevent this from happening to others.

The supply and demand is so unbalanced that the power lies with the schools..

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 10:24 pm
small bean wrote:
I have heard schools do this, so when they are forced to take girls, they get their top choices. But they also will drop these girls if their ego gets in the way or they look bad..I perosnally saved every phone call, vm, text mesg etc incase I ever need it. I sort of want to do something to prevent this from happening to others.

Small bean I'm so sorry you had to go through that. BH you ended up in your first choice and not in that other school.

I know someone else who went through a horrible situation this year. B"H their dd got into school the day before school started. Unfortunately they got into the school that was stringing them along and treating them terribly. By the time they got accepted they were disgusted by that school and wished they didn't have to send their dd there.

That principal is someone I had always respected but I don't anymore. I cant imagine having someone like that be mechanech my child.

small bean

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Small bean I'm so sorry you had to go through that. BH you ended up in your first choice and not in that other school.

I know someone else who went through a horrible situation this year. B"H their dd got into school the day before school started. Unfortunately they got into the school that was stringing them along and treating them terribly. By the time they got accepted they were disgusted by that school and wished they didn't have to send their dd there.

That principal is someone I had always respected but I don't anymore. I cant imagine having someone like that be mechanech my child.

Umfortunatley, I don't think any of the schools are immune to this behavior. This is what happens when all the power is on one side.

I was careful not to disparge any school or take it too seriously because I was afraid of her going to a school where I have a negative feelings towards

Fabulous

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 10:46 pm
I had a crazy story as well with elementary school for my daughter and in hindsight bh she’s in a much better fit for her and us but it was so much stress and heartache over shtissim when she already got in and I had such bad feelings towards how it was dealt with and ignored and I was basically called a liar and no rectification was attempted that although I would have sent there if I didn’t have a choice, I’m so happy that I’m not. Bh, bli ayin Hara I’m thrilled with where she is and like I said, a better choice in the end.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:10 am
small bean wrote:

I think it's unconscionable to say you are going to take a girl (so all the other schools don't take her) and then you don't own up to that. It's such a blatant lack of Achrayus. I'm so disappointed in the school system to hear that.

A few years ago, in elementary school, Bais Faiga did not say they would take a relative of mine, but other schools felt it was their achrayus because one of her older siblings had gone to Bais Faiga (but they never said they would take younger siblings, and not all their kids went to BF). In the end, BF stepped up to the plate because they realized what happened (that the child was not accepted elsewhere in a timely manner because the schools assumed they would go to BF) and felt they did indeed have an achrayus. And I know another situation where they did that too. I was proud of them for taking the responsibility when it was clear to them that they had to.

small bean

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:27 pm
Elementary schools from what I can see, are overall more respectful to the process and they are also beginining to equal the supply, which mitigates the issue.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:33 pm
Wow.
What a story!
I always say hashem has a plan.

Which H.S. is she in ?

small bean

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:34 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Wow.
What a story!
I always say hashem has a plan.

Which H.S. is she in ?

Oros

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:36 pm
Apparently, from the rumors I hear, there will be a new high school opening next yr, will likely be attached to Bais Faiga, starting with 3 parallels run by I think Mrs. Chani Gordon, from Deal.
This is in addition to the 2 new high schools that opened this yr. Hopefully next yr won't be as bad as this one

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:39 pm
small bean wrote:
Elementary schools from what I can see, are overall more respectful to the process and they are also beginining to equal the supply, which mitigates the issue.

My child was kicked out of elementary school at the end of the year- she’s a little hyper. Whatever. Anyway, no other school would take her because they said my daughter had a school. Except she didn’t. Essentially all my hair is grey now.

small bean

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:39 pm
It will be bad until balance is restored.
Page 29 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries