Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It caught up with us
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank g-d no underlying conditions. Just a pregnant women stuck in a tiny 2x2 Brooklyn apt with a hypochondria Wink . Trying to think positive

You're right to worry, you were right to be careful, and you did your best.

But now the panic won't help you recover faster, it'll make it more difficult to get over the virus. Calm down, rest, relax, and try to think of being immune for the next 6 months or so.

It's infuriating that someone could be so selfish and decide that he has the right to play Russian roulette with your health and lives. I hope you and your family are okay and I hope the person who infected you faces consequences for coming into work when he shouldn't have.

wif

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:09 am
I just got over Corona. I was in my eighth month of pregnancy. It was not a picnic, but it was not all that different from a bad case of the flu. I was sick for 2 weeks--fever, chills, cough--and now I am just left with a lingering dry cough and a compromised sense of smell.

Panic is the worst thing you can do for yourself and your baby. Stress is terrible for the fetus and for you. Stay calm, remember Who is in charge, remember that 99.7 percent of people survive this, and it's literally no worse than getting the flu. Drink fluids, relax, buy yourself yummy flavors of tea and some new fun books, and try to get a lot of sleep. Make sure to take your prenatals! You will be fine, Be"H.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank g-d no underlying conditions. Just a pregnant women stuck in a tiny 2x2 Brooklyn apt with a hypochondria Wink . Trying to think positive

You may have hypochondria. But your concerns are valid.
We live in a small enough house that quarantining the first positive case wasn't positive. Also, by that time we were all exposed.
Refuah shleima to your husband and b'shaa tova to you. It's possible you won't get it but one thing about getting it now, vs. 10 months ago: It's a different world. Doctors know more. There are more options. There is better monitoring, e.g. it was impossible to get a pulse ox in time, now bikur cholims usually have them available.
Call your OB to keep him/her in the loop and for support. Hatzlacha!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:13 am
Op, how old are you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Op, how old are you?

I’m 34, why do you ask

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
You may have hypochondria. But your concerns are valid.
We live in a small enough house that quarantining the first positive case wasn't positive. Also, by that time we were all exposed.
Refuah shleima to your husband and b'shaa tova to you. It's possible you won't get it but one thing about getting it now, vs. 10 months ago: It's a different world. Doctors know more. There are more options. There is better monitoring, e.g. it was impossible to get a pulse ox in time, now bikur cholims usually have them available.
Call your OB to keep him/her in the loop and for support. Hatzlacha!

Thank you, I have left a message with my dr what I can take other than the vitamins I already am (prenatal, zinc, D3, vitamin C, calcium, baby aspirin).

Jenmom

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:43 am
You will be okay. Trust Hashem. I've had it. It feels awful while you have it but remember almost everyone recovers, especially younger people (under 60). Get a lot of rest, drink fluids.

bk2cuties

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Pregnancy is high risk. She said she’s pregnant in her op. She’ll probably be fine, anyway, since most high risk people are. No need for the panic.

Pregnancy isn't considered high risk. It's slightly higher risk than the non pregnant Jane, but nowhere near the high risk categories they talk about.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:51 am
bk2cuties wrote:
Pregnancy isn't considered high risk. It's slightly higher risk than the non pregnant Jane, but nowhere near the high risk categories they talk about.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html
They don’t say who’s more at risk than others, but pregnant women make the list. Also, aside from Covid complications, they are at higher risk for pregnancy complications.
This doesn’t mean that every pregnant woman and/or her baby is doomed. OP will probably be fine, as that poster mentioned, just like someone who has diabetes will probably be fine.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m sitting in my bed
Across the room from my husband
Crying
Panic coursing through my bones
Trying to breath
We were so careful
Masks, sanitising
But the inevitable
Body aches
Fever
My husband tested positive
How were we to know
An employee never told
He came to work with COVID
It’s all a moot point now
We were together
My husband and I
Before we knew
The monster has entered our well shielded home
Now I fear for our lives
The stories
All around us
Will that be me? Will that be out home??
No where to turn
In our little Brooklyn hole
No where to run
No where to breath
But to stay home
With our dread
And daven
That my Husband , kids and I
And the little one growing in me
Stay healthy and sane....
And all along I cry.....

Refuah shelaima! I hope all those who don’t take it seriously and are just “too sick and tired” of masks and social distancing understand they will be held responsible for any part they have in someone else getting it!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:06 am
Not to scare the OP but a 31 year old died last week.
My advice is you have it , let’s be careful. Hydrate eat keep up with vitals D C and zinc
Stay healthy. Ask your friends neighbors family for help. Even if it is uncomfortable for you to ask !
Take care

YOU WILL NOT DIE. You might get sick but it’s something you will be able to handle. No one wants to get sick. It’s uncomfortable and inconvenient. It passes. It really does. Most people survive this virus. Especially now. If a person is feeling unwell there are medications readily available. They weren’t available 9 months ago. Be thankful there is a treatment plan now if you need it.
You have now joined the world of people who hopefully have antibodies. It will protect you for a long while so you no longer have to live in fear.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:09 am
No need to fear monger
The vast majority of people like 97% especially in your age group and no underlying conditions come through fine! We also were super careful and got it and are fine B”H and enjoying having antibodies now
Refuah shleimah op and bshaah tova!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
No need to fear monger
The vast majority of people like 97% especially in your age group and no underlying conditions come through fine! We also were super careful and got it and are fine B”H and enjoying having antibodies now
Refuah shleimah op and bshaah tova!

Thank you. I know all the worst possible cases, my anxiety makes sure I do. I am taking care of myself but it helps hearing the good outcomes

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
My advice is you have it , let’s be careful. Hydrate eat keep up with vitals D C and zinc
Stay healthy. Ask your friends neighbors family for help. Even if it is uncomfortable for you to ask !
Take care

It’s inappropriate to post that first line on a thread where OP is already scared. Especially if odd are in OPs favor. There will always be things you can worry about, it’s not helpful to focus on them beyond doing your hishtadlus.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:32 am
Op do you have covid or just your husband? Of it would ease your fears maybe it would be worth it to go somewhere else.

Or your husband could go to a covid hotel. I think its free.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:50 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
Op do you have covid or just your husband? Of it would ease your fears maybe it would be worth it to go somewhere else.

Or your husband could go to a covid hotel. I think its free.

As of now I’m still negative. I’m being careful, wearing a mask around the house, sanitising. But I have been exposed. And living in the same two bedroom apt with a bunch of kids. No where to turn I’m not aware of any COVID hotels in Brooklyn or anywhere in NY.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:27 am
Covid hotels are in Israel for people who have tested positive so they don’t get their families sick

mfb

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:29 am
Covid hotels are in Israel for people who have tested positive so they don’t get their families sick

Not sure but I think Israel got rid of the COVID hotels already. So that wouldn’t have helped you anyway.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:10 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
You’ll be fine. Unless there some high risk that your not telling us about...
Do you panic every time you get in to a car?
\

38,000 people die in car accidents in the US per year. More than 10,000 of them relate to drunk driving.

396,000 have died of covid.

Big difference.

OP, refuah shleima to your husband.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Take care

Do you know how many people in their 30s tested positive and didn't die last week? Not to mention that the vast majority had really mild cases. Why scare her more then she's already scaring herself over one person who you heard of who died?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics