Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It caught up with us
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

fleetwood

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It just proves again and again that if Hashem wants you to get it, you will no matter what. And thats why we need to go on living and not be so obsessed with this virus.

Op, take zinc and whatever else was recommended to take from early on. (Maybe it was remdesivir, qercentin, vit. C - I'm not sure)
There are remedies that are known to have success if taken early on.
Refuah shleima.

Please don't take anything without speaking to your ob.first. Feel good!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:20 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Please don't take anything without speaking to your ob.first. Feel good!

Thanks. Yes I left a message with my dr

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Maybe I'm the wrong person to say something here cuz I'm not a covid panic fanatic, but I had covid in March. It was very equal to the flu. I had the flu while pregnant and while not pregnant. To me it was pretty much the same. I had fever for a full week. 2-3 days of these close to 104. I felt as miserable as can be. My body was on fire, I looked like a ghost. Bh I got over it and bh I'm healthy. But don't say it's easier than the flu.

I can only speak for what happened to me. I e had the flu twice during different pregnancies and was burning with fever and stuck in bed for a week each time. I just had covid and it was literally just a bad cough, some extra exhaustion and muscle aches and no sense of smell.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:31 pm
The crazy thing about this thread is that op doesn’t even have covid and she’s feeling fine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
The crazy thing about this thread is that op doesn’t even have covid and she’s feeling fine.

If you read my posts, it’s about the fear. My husband is sick and since we live in very close proximity I am bound to catch it. Fellow imamothers have been amazing in calming me down in case I do become sick and what I can do to prevent it. No where did I post that I’m sick

tweety1

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:33 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Do you know how many people in their 30s tested positive and didn't die last week? Not to mention that the vast majority had really mild cases. Why scare her more then she's already scaring herself over one person who you heard of who died?

Love this post!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:26 pm
I spoke to my ob today and she seemed pretty chilled. She said the only pregnant women who had it worse were the ones who's covid turned into pneumonia. That shouldn't happen if you monitor your oxygen level. Iyh everyone should be healthy.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As of now I’m still negative. I’m being careful, wearing a mask around the house, sanitising. But I have been exposed. And living in the same two bedroom apt with a bunch of kids. No where to turn I’m not aware of any COVID hotels in Brooklyn or anywhere in NY.

Here is a link about covid hotels in nyc, it is for people who tested positive and are in quarantine but live in too small quarters to properly separate . Everything is free. Not sure if the food is kosher, but if you call 311 they will deliver kosher microwavable meals double wrapped with a heksher.

1-844-692-4692

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/help......page

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As of now I’m still negative. I’m being careful, wearing a mask around the house, sanitising. But I have been exposed. And living in the same two bedroom apt with a bunch of kids. No where to turn I’m not aware of any COVID hotels in Brooklyn or anywhere in NY.

Most spouses actually do not catch it from their sick spouse. I can think of many cases where one spouse got it and the other didnt
I

shanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:54 pm
There is a Covid hotel in NYC - I saw in ad in hamodia.
Go to the New York test and trace website.
They provide transportation and kosher food and it’s free.
Call 212 Covid 19
Testandtrace.nyc

Private rooms etc...

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:25 pm
shanarishona wrote:
There is a Covid hotel in NYC - I saw in ad in hamodia.
Go to the New York test and trace website.
They provide transportation and kosher food and it’s free.
Call 212 Covid 19
Testandtrace.nyc

Private rooms etc...

That’s so cool...

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you read my posts, it’s about the fear. My husband is sick and since we live in very close proximity I am bound to catch it. Fellow imamothers have been amazing in calming me down in case I do become sick and what I can do to prevent it. No where did I post that I’m sick

Just an fyi if this is your fear, it isn't true at all. There are countless couples where one tested positive and the other didnt.
I myself, my husband had it very bad. We lived in a very small apartment where it was impossible to isolate, we didn't even try. Slept in same bed etc. I never caught it and had no antibodies. And I've heard so many similar stories.

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Just an fyi if this is your fear, it isn't true at all. There are countless couples where one tested positive and the other didnt.
I myself, my husband had it very bad. We lived in a very small apartment where it was impossible to isolate, we didn't even try. Slept in same bed etc. I never caught it and had no antibodies. And I've heard so many similar stories.
while this is true, it is more common that spouses catch it from each other. I think it is wise for op to be precautious, but no need to stress about it.

Sorry to share my honest opinion, just wouldnt want someone to let their guard down and regret it when simple precautions could (no guarantees) prevent her getting it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:49 pm
Refuah Shelaima to your husband, OP!

My husband and I got it 2 weeks ago. Both super super mild cases. We are in our thirties. we also were exposed by someone irresponsible. But there is no looking back or pointing fingers. Even after carefully avoiding for ten months and so close to being fully vaccinated, it caught up with us too. It was meant to be. Many are getting very mild cases, most are recovering well. And now we don’t have to worry about catching it. At least for a long while!

As a therapist, it seems like the anxiety is the problem here, more than the covid. You will be done with covid soon iyH. But you may want to address the anxiety as it will continue to pop up in different situations.

Perhaps you can try some self-talk, relaxation or other coping skills. You will get through this, as many of us have. Best of luck, OP!!

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:58 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Most spouses actually do not catch it from their sick spouse. I can think of many cases where one spouse got it and the other didnt
I

While there will always be cases like that, its certainly not the most common thing to happen. Most times, both spouses get it. Whether because they were both exposed at the same time or because one passed it to the other.

I don't intend to fear monger. But its irresponsible not to warn people about the risks.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:00 pm
After testing negative all week, I’m feeling sick. So weary, tired to the bone. Could barely swallow my food. Achy muscles and bones. Oiy. With DH still sick and all kids home...this is fun

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
After testing negative all week, I’m feeling sick. So weary, tired to the bone. Could barely swallow my food. Achy muscles and bones. Oiy. With DH still sick and all kids home...this is fun

Keep eating drinking, if you can get chicken soup that would be the best. Rest and don't worry about your kids they will be fine with grilled cheese and no baths for a week.
Please take zinc and vitamins c and d. Use a pulse oximeter and if your cough gets bad call you dr and demand a prescription medication. Refuah shelaima op, iyh you will be fine at the other side of this!!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:29 pm
Powerade- it’s essential.
This virus causes dehydration and a loss of minerals causing extreme weakness. Powerade or Gatorade is a must.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:57 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Keep eating drinking, if you can get chicken soup that would be the best. Rest and don't worry about your kids they will be fine with grilled cheese and no baths for a week.
Please take zinc and vitamins c and d. Use a pulse oximeter and if your cough gets bad call you dr and demand a prescription medication. Refuah shelaima op, iyh you will be fine at the other side of this!!

Thank you. Have been doing all the above minus the chicken soup and oximeter since my husband tested positive. Hope it would help me now Sad

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:58 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Powerade- it’s essential.
This virus causes dehydration and a loss of minerals causing extreme weakness. Powerade or Gatorade is a must.

Do u know if it can be the sugarless ones or does it have to be the regular? I don’t have a preference just want to know which one to drink
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics