Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Schools and advenium
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 10:48 pm
It’s sad that it’s being abused because the concept is so great for the kids that need it and it’s amazing insurance is paying.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 7:45 pm
It's 100% legit. My kids go to one of their groups and are really benefitting from it. I would suggest calling them up and asking them if you have any questions. I have noticed that there are other therapy places in Monsey that have started advertising group therapy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these posts bashing them or saying it's a scam are people who work for their competition and have their own interests/agenda in bashing them.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
. I have noticed that there are other therapy places in Monsey that have started advertising group therapy.

Hi
Can you suggest a place for 13 year old boy?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 8:37 pm
It's 100% legit. My kids go to one of their groups and are really benefitting from it. I would suggest calling them up and asking them if you have any questions. I have noticed that there are other therapy places in Monsey that have started advertising group therapy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these posts bashing them or saying it's a scam are people who work for their competition and have their own interests/agenda in bashing them.

I can't speak for others, and I live in Brooklyn. Ever since I had a bad experience with an agency I research everything amd go through the consent and hippa forms with a fine toothed comb. But that's just me 🤷‍♀️

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 8:56 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I can't speak for others, and I live in Brooklyn. Ever since I had a bad experience with an agency I research everything amd go through the consent and hippa forms with a fine toothed comb. But that's just me 🤷‍♀️

So what exactly is wrong with their consent forms?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:03 pm

I started this. The school wants us to consent so that they can get extracurricular activities paid for through this agency by claiming our kids need it.
Don’t tell me every kid in my school needs help!

Maybe they also do other group therapies for children who specifically need it.

Like in our high school if you signed the consent form you got to do kangoo dancing.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I started this. The school wants us to consent so that they can get extracurricular activities paid for through this agency by claiming our kids need it.
Don’t tell me every kid in my school needs help!

Maybe they also do other group therapies for children who specifically need it.

Like in our high school if you signed the consent form you got to do kangoo dancing.

How do you need go claim your kid needs it? What do they want you to write?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
How do you need go claim your kid needs it? What do they want you to write?

You sign a consent form that the school and Advenium has the right to diagnose and help your kid etc.....along with all other consent form jargon.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You sign a consent form that the school and Advenium has the right to diagnose and help your kid etc.....along with all other consent form jargon.

Do the parents get to see what their kids were diagnosed with?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:11 pm
Would never sign a form like that

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:12 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Would never sign a form like that

What's the harm?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:09 pm
I want to clarify, becuase I never like to post on these chats, I was suffering from ppd (post-partum) Adveniums programs are real therapy, it worked for me. It is activities put together with lots of therapy guidance and information. I think anyone who thinks its a scam doesn't understand the importants of therapy. They have a new clinical director who is amazing

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:37 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I want to clarify, becuase I never like to post on these chats, I was suffering from ppd (post-partum) Adveniums programs are real therapy, it worked for me. It is activities put together with lots of therapy guidance and information. I think anyone who thinks its a scam doesn't understand the importants of therapy. They have a new clinical director who is amazing

Can you say more about this? Which groups did you try

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:42 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Can you say more about this? Which groups did you try

I am not comfortable with sharing for obvious reasons but At first I could not even get out of bed so my husband sent me to a weekly art group I was able to smile again I signed up for a journaling group and I feel my healing process improving every time I am there

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:43 pm

You posted the same exact paragraph on every single recent Advenium thread. Do you work for them?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:47 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
You posted the same exact paragraph on every single recent Advenium thread. Do you work for them?

I felt it was important to share my story and I see people trying to spread terrible things about a chessed organization

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:53 pm
It seems like they do have good in house programs that can help people, but on the side have expanded to schools, and helping hem get money for extracurricular activities.

I’m sure both are benefiting financially.

This is about the school activities.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It seems like they do have good in house programs that can help people, but on the side have expanded to schools, and helping hem get money for extracurricular activities.

I’m sure both are benefiting financially.

This is about the school activities.

It is sad to see negativity about something that is so necessary in our communities

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:11 pm
It is sad to see negativity about something that is so necessary in our communities

What is necessary? To use the excuse of mental or emotional illness on healthy kids, so that the school can get money for extracurricular activities?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:33 pm

I am extremely positive about bringing mental health awareness and support to our community- heck- I’m in therapy myself and sorely lack these resources. Our community needs it. What our community does not need however is more financial hanky panky or more pseudo therapy in the form of some of these groups that are calling themselves a therapy group but are run by unlicensed people.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics