Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Massive amounts of homeless people being moved to Boro Park
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

elsily

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:59 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Great answer. So telling how you’re just here to bash the Boro Park community.

Because the only place in the US with dense cities and people in need of housing is NY? I could never understand this housing crisis unless I live in BP? FYI, the housing crisis is happening all over the country in urban areas.

leah233

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:59 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I can only tell you where the SHOULDN'T go. In a family friendly neighborhood full of little kids.

It confuses me that people have more rachmanus on criminals and junkies than hundreds of families with little kids. Why?

It is what Chazal say. "Those who are merciful to the cruel end up acting cruel to the merciful"

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:00 am
elsily wrote:
The document in the OP says this includes families. So formerly homeless families shouldn’t live in a family friendly neighborhood?

Reread the thread. Your question was answered many many times.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
It is what Chazal say. "Those who are merciful to the cruel end up acting cruel to the merciful"

THIS!!!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:02 am
elsily wrote:
Because the only place in the US with dense cities and people in need of housing is NY? I could never understand this housing crisis unless I live in BP? FYI, the housing crisis is happening all over the country in urban areas.

We are discussing a particular situation. Refer to the OP

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:13 am
elsily wrote:

This conversation is zero about the housing crisis in Brooklyn.
You know it but you’re avoiding real answers.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:16 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I can only tell you where the SHOULDN'T go. In a family friendly neighborhood full of little kids.

It confuses me that people have more rachmanus on criminals and junkies than hundreds of families with little kids. Why?

Liberals

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Liberals

Yes!!!!!!!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:21 am
Whoever doesn’t get what is wrong with this literally needs to get their head examined asap. This is as clear as I can get. You don’t see what is wrong with taking a decent neighborhood and filling it up with junkies that are not safe around kids?!!?!

Java

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:22 am
flowerpower wrote:
Whoever doesn’t get what is wrong with this literally needs to get their head examined asap. This is as clear as I can get. You don’t see what is wrong with taking a decent neighborhood and filling it up with junkies that are not safe around kids?!!?!

It's only one person and I'm pretty sure she does get it and she's just trolling
What can I say, people are bored

Last edited by Java on Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:22 am
leah233 wrote:

None of us are making these policies but there is a simple question, to which neighborhood should the homeless go?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:23 am
flowerpower wrote:

Their hatred for Brooklyn is so much more than their common sense .

They just don’t realize, that in this case, it isn’t about Brooklyn Chassidim, it’s about ANYBODY residing in Brooklyn. Jews and non Jews alike.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Liberals

Yeah, yeah, its always the "liberals."

This is 100% the decision of the building owners. Blame them if you want to blame someone.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
None of us are making these policies but there is a simple question, to which neighborhood should the homeless go?

One that doesn’t have children? I know they wanted to open one in Queens last year near a school and the residents made a huge fuss!!!! A really big one.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:26 am

It’s a good question.
Perhaps to some empty neighborhoods like certain areas upstate etc?

Not a city that’s expensive rent, low on crime, and established as a community.

I’m not sure what the solution is.

Java

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
It’s a good question.
Perhaps to some empty neighborhoods like certain areas upstate etc?

Not a city that’s expensive rent, low on crime, and established as a community.

I’m not sure what the solution is.

Admittedly I don't know that much about the system, but I would think that maybe they should be rehabilitated first?

leah233

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:28 am

To affluent liberal suburbs with space to build homeless shelters. That is where they are wanted...

keym

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:32 am
I don't know much.
But I'm wondering why there is never any mention of mandating treatment- psychiatric treatment or maintaining sobriety in order to live in these low rent homeless residences in residential neighborhoods- any residential area, frum or not.
I think I heard that some shelters require sobriety.

Most people I know wouldn't object to simply homeless living in their neighborhood if these homeless are committed to staying off drugs and getting at least some of the mental health care they need.
I know I wouldn't.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:32 am
cutestbaby wrote:
Admittedly I don't know that much about the system, but I would think that maybe they should be rehabilitated first?

Of course. But this is NYC, where they enable homeless and mentally ill....

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:52 am
keym wrote:
I don't know much.
But I'm wondering why there is never any mention of mandating treatment- psychiatric treatment or maintaining sobriety in order to live in these low rent homeless residences in residential neighborhoods- any residential area, frum or not.
I think I heard that some shelters require sobriety.

Most people I know wouldn't object to simply homeless living in their neighborhood if these homeless are committed to staying off drugs and getting at least some of the mental health care they need.
I know I wouldn't.

They are vetted, but I have no clue what the vetting includes.

Again, though, NYC cannot force private landlords to accept these programs. The building owners are requesting tax abatements, in return for which they do this. Not NYC, the landlords.
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries