Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Want the best single stroller there is-ADVICE
Previous  1  2  3  4

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 1:59 pm
My kids were able to move their heads in car seats just fine, and they even slept in their car seats a lot, and my ped blessed this and told me her kids did the same. Flat heads come as a result of lying flat and not having tummy time, so any stroller/crib/car seat has the same risk.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:12 pm
It's not only a matter of flat head though. It's also a matter of the angle the baby is lying. Oxygen levels can go down when reclined at that angle for too long, and it can be dangerous. A baby should not be at that angle for more than 2 hours straight, and lying flat is really recommended to prevent an occluded airway.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:25 pm
ilovestrollers wrote:

You can check a carseat as luggage, right when you get to the airport, I've done this a few times, and they come out perfect, b/c there really aren't many pieces that can break off.

no an option. I arrive erev yom tov. plus I never check bags intl (or domestic), not worth dealing with lost baggagee and they never pay you back for your items. my clothes are expensive, and id be upset if they lost em. eveyrthing I need is with me (wig on my head, other in plastic bag in mypurse),or shipped. we travel lite.

not an issue of breaking, an issue of risk of not getting thru baggage, issue of wating for bags, issue of going thru customs w/ bags vs just with carryon, and issue of wanting to run out of the aiport and catch a cab asap, no waiting.

at any rate, being that that is my situation, which of all the strollers that have been mentioned, would be the best to travel with ? s/o just mentioned a zippy and a zula? did I get that rite? all these names make me laugh....

also, what is the difference between collapsable and umbrella? maybe the cust. svc agent I spoke to MEANT umbrealla but said collapsable? I wouldnt know the diff. and I dont want to get to security and for htem 2 say to me, sorry u cant take that its not an "umbrella stroller"
can s/o explain?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:30 pm
Maybe you should start flying private? You would avoid all of these problems!

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:37 pm
ive only read the first page of this thread so sorry if this is redundant. I have the orbit stroller and im really happy with it. both the infant seat and toddler seat can become car seats, which is one of the main reasons why I purchased it since ill be travelling a lot as well. it folds really easily and it steers really nicely. it has tons of great features that ive found really useful. you should check out their website (orbitbaby.com I think) and see if it would be of interest to you. the website actually promotes the stroller as a great stroller for travelling.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe you should start flying private? You would avoid all of these problems!

OMG come on why the need to be mean? what did I say that infuriated you so? seriously. the reason IM disguised as amother (I said earlier), is because its very uncomf for me to talk about anything baby related before a baby is born, it is not done in my family, for ayin hara reasons, but I feel relatively ok with it if people cant even match me to where I live, or my screen name, nothing, totally faceless anon online. and there ARE a couple people on this site who do know me. Whats your excuse? just to insult me? if you want to insult me, at least have the decency to do it to my face.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:44 pm
EsaEinai wrote:
ive only read the first page of this thread so sorry if this is redundant. I have the orbit stroller ....

no not redundant at all, thats exactly what I want! is for people to voice their opinions on all the ranodm names of strollers that are coming up, and hopefully I will be able to discern (or, maybe if people read my posts- like you seemed to, theyll be able to discern), if its what im looking for - orbit looks really cool on their website, I did check that out a few hours ago, and it seems a bit more practical than a bugaboo, I dontknow though....thanks for the + review on the orbit though, definitely consider it more, each time s/o says something pos abt it...

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:45 pm
Maybe I'm amother because I do fly private and don't want to be bashed?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:49 pm
Inglesina Zippy: http://www.inglesina.com/us/pr.....id=27

Zooper Hula:
http://zooper.com/hula.html

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 5:12 pm
Just wanted to add my 2c. I have to say, for a stroller thread, this is turning out to be quite interesting!

I have a peg perago pliko, which I take in and out of the car, and ive traveled on planes with it no problem, and the primo viaggo car seat fits into it. Since the same car seat is compatible with a bugaboo, maybe that would be an option.

Once the baby is older there are really small and light strollers eg combi but you can't use them for a newborn.

cassandra

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 5:16 pm
Pliko!

That's the one I have, couldn't remember the name.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 5:22 pm
Everyone I know who has a Bugaboo, also has a snap and go. And then when the baby gets older, they get an umbrella stoller for traveling.

ilovestrollers

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 5:34 pm
I could see the orbit being a good option for you if you travel a lot.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 9:50 pm
Every stroller has its pros and cons, there is no perfect stroller. Thats what I learned after going nuts with research through my whole pregnancy and making my self crazy.

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 9:57 pm
mimsy7420 wrote:
Everyone I know who has a Bugaboo, also has a snap and go. And then when the baby gets older, they get an umbrella stoller for traveling.

I have a bugaboo, and use it as my snap and go also, I have adapters, and it works totally fine.

myfriends715

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 9:59 pm
I have the mountain bugg urban (but double) I love it

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 10:56 pm
I really like the city jogger I folds so easily, my friend has it. I like the mclaren techno, it is easy to bump up stairs the problem with it is that each make and model has differant kinds of brakes. you basically do need differant kinds of strollers for different things

redhot

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 10:57 pm
I agree with esa and ilovestrollers-

I looked into the orbit alot when I was purchasng my carriage, and although I decided against it, it sounds like the perfect solution for U!

(particularly if $ is not an issue)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics