Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey school
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yes, you are right about those two.

But not Vien or Sanz. And Bais Rochel gives attitude for ppl that dont have $$

It must be nice to have money and automatically gain entry to places others can only dream of. So is Bais Rochel considered the elite?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It must be nice to have money and automatically gain entry to places others can only dream of. So is Bais Rochel considered the elite?

Supposedly yes. When I registered my girls, they asked for very much tuition, triple the amount than other chassidish schools. And people dissuaded me from sending there because there was politics going on. I think asking for a lot of money is a nice way of giving a no.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:54 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Supposedly yes. When I registered my girls, they asked for very much tuition, triple the amount than other chassidish schools. And people dissuaded me from sending there because there was politics going on. I think asking for a lot of money is a nice way of giving a no.

Keep in mind though that Chassidish tuitions are generally half of litvish tuitions, maybe even less

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:16 am

I don't even consider them elite. Old school teachers, and packed classrooms.. Some of the girls have issues and pressures that exists in other schools the same. Yet money is more tempting to the hanholo than feelings to yiddishe neshamos. They have no problem turning you away.

Back in the day BR used to be this warm school that accepted all types- litvish, chassidish, BTs...
But that changed big time...

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Keep in mind though that Chassidish tuitions are generally half of litvish tuitions, maybe even less

Bais Rochel is a chassidish school.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I don't even consider them elite. Old school teachers, and packed classrooms.. Some of the girls have issues and pressures that exists in other schools the same. Yet money is more tempting to the hanholo than feelings to yiddishe neshamos. They have no problem turning you away.

Back in the day BR used to be this warm school that accepted all types- litvish, chassidish, BTs...

Right. This is why people dissuaded me from sending there. They had some issues in classes going on then as well as politics.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:09 am
No school is perfect but some have more issues than others.

OP, honestly, I don't think you'll get an application for the school just by calling them. Maybe they'll say that they're sending you one and you'll keep wondering where the application is.

For goodness sake, I couldn't get an application for a day camp for my dd before I was 'prescreened'. Sorry, but I think this is the matzav. Try to see if you can find someone that sends to any of the schools mentioned above that they can put in a good word for you, to just 'get' an application. Hatzlocha and good luck and I hope that you don't get burned in the process.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:17 am
ShishKabob wrote:
No school is perfect but some have more issues than others.

OP, honestly, I don't think you'll get an application for the school just by calling them. Maybe they'll say that they're sending you one and you'll keep wondering where the application is.

For goodness sake, I couldn't get an application for a day camp for my dd before I was 'prescreened'. Sorry, but I think this is the matzav. Try to see if you can find someone that sends to any of the schools mentioned above that they can put in a good word for you, to just 'get' an application. Hatzlocha and good luck and I hope that you don't get burned in the process.

I called many schools for an application they all sent me one.
I wanted to register to Belz daycamp and they sent a pre application.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:24 pm
Great! I'm happy that you had that experience!! Off to a good start!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I honestly think it’s ppl that are disgruntled (and got rejected whether legitimately or not) that promote this money rumor. I know lots of ppl that send to BR and most are barely comfortable financially. The richer you are the harder you have to work to get in actually- I’m the most financially comfortable in my family and couldn’t get in, my siblings did get their girls in, they’re in learning and poorer and therefore they assume automatically frummer. Other families I know have the same patterns.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I honestly think it’s ppl that are disgruntled (and got rejected whether legitimately or not) that promote this money rumor. I know lots of ppl that send to BR and most are barely comfortable financially. The richer you are the harder you have to work to get in actually- I’m the most financially comfortable in my family and couldn’t get in, my siblings did get their girls in, they’re in learning and poorer and therefore they assume automatically frummer. Other families I know have the same patterns.

I know people who did not fit into the schools they wanted, but they gave donations and were accepted no problem.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I know people who did not fit into the schools they wanted, but they gave donations and were accepted no problem.

Why would people send to a school they don't fit into? I only know of 1 school that asks for money.
I do know that there are people that offer a donation after their kids get accepted, not before. I aslo know of a family that was trying to get accepted to my girls school, they offered a lot of money and still got rejected.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
This is as old as the hills! Of course it's true that if you show a green dollar sign the doors open, you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:43 pm
Why would people send to a school they don't fit into? I only know of 1 school that asks for money.
I do know that there are people that offer a donation after their kids get accepted, not before.

Because school became all about your image instead of being a place to be mechanech our children. Messed up world.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:45 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Because school became all about your image instead of being a place to be mechanech our children. Messed up world.

It's not the schools problem that people that don't fit in there want to send there. It's the parents problem. They're hung up on getting into certain schools for the name even if the school is not the right fit for the family. Plenty schools reject people that offer money because they're not the right fit for the school.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 12:00 am
It's not the schools problem that people that don't fit in there want to send there. It's the parents problem. They're hung up on getting into certain schools for the name even if the school is not the right fit for the family. Plenty schools reject people that offer money because they're not the right fit for the school.

Um, look around every school and tell me if every family is a good 'fit'.
Every school has several fallouts. In reality, if one abides and keeps the school's rules, then it should be enough. But it's not.

I also know two friends that tried BR. Both were rejected (no room, no room) but the cooler one eventually got in. She told me her rich relative called on her behalf and promised a large sum.
Two friends, same time, same class.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 12:03 am

Applications many do send, but then they give you a no.

Daycamp is a different story.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
This is what I assume it means. Is your sheitel chin length? Is your background Chassidish? Is your husband in Kollel? These are pluses. Is your skirt exactly 3 inches below your knee and your skirt is black and your top is up to your neck...you get the picture.

4 inches...
Get with the program.. Banging head

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 6:28 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yet money is more tempting to the hanholo than feelings to yiddishe neshamos. They have no problem turning you away.

Okay- who is that now? Where is warm and frum?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:45 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Okay- who is that now? Where is warm and frum?

?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics