Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Moving to Tom's river- water causing cancer?
Previous  1  2

Scotty

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:29 am
I’ve lived in Lakewood all my life and my father never let us drink the water for this reason. As a child we drank Poland Spring (delivered in huge bottles we put in a dispenser), now we drink with the Aqua Filter installed (wonderful Jewish company).

Personally I can very much taste tap water and dislike the taste of it strongly. (I drink NY tap water happily.) In certain areas of Lakewood it tastes awful, almost wrong.

(I drink a lot of water a day for health.)

GLUE

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:43 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
So what do you drink?
What about poland spring?

I drink from the tap that way if I am if I am drinking contaminated water at least I am not paying for the privilege.

Poland spring does not come from the poland spring in Maine I remember reading about it some years ago I forgot what most of the article said-I will only by bottled water if I have know other way to get water and I by the cheapest brand. You are welcome to do what you feel is right

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Because most agents wouldn't tell people. My husband is an agent and he would never sell houses on certain streets, but most areas are no problem

I recently moved to Toms River. Can you please tell me which neighborhood is more at risk? We generally don’t drink straight tap water, but I do use it for cooking. Should I install a special filtration system?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thinking of moving to Tom's river. Heard from someone that the water is contaminated there. Is that true?

Yes, it is what is called a "superfund site." The toxic waste has seeped into the groundwater and subsequently into wells and the drinking water. The entire area is contaminated and has not been cleaned yet, and will take decades to clean. I wouldn't live there no matter how great a house I could get at how great a price.

https://www.app.com/story/news.....2002/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics