Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Anyone find the recent parashot really tough?
Previous  1  2

esther7

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:25 am
OP I can totally relate. I know that the chumash is so much more than surface level, and there's beautiful meaning to every section of Torah. But on a simple level, I'm always a little sad when parshas yisro ends. I love Bereishis and the first half of Shemos!

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I have to say -- I find it to be a lack of self-awareness when one Jew tries to act superior to another Jew because another Jew struggles with something. While most of the posts have been awesome, I sense a "how can you not find these parashot important? they're very important what's wrong with you?" tone from a couple of the posts. I see this a lot...

You're probably referencing my post. I'm sorry. I was not writing from a "holier than thou" perspective.

The problem with text is there is no emotional inflection. So "interested and conversational" doesn't really translate. I was not trying to invalidate your experience; I was just trying to answer your question and continue the discussion. I probably should have just followed the thread without commenting. Please forgive me if I hurt your feelings.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics