Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Your number one pesach recipe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:24 am
My mom makes chunky applesauce, which by itself is meh, but when it's eaten straight out of the fridge? Completely delicious.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Can you share the recipe please.

Here's how we do it, couldn't be simpler.

Ingredients:

Eggs (2- 3 large per pound of chicken breast)
Almond flour (also called ground almonds) to coat
Oil or fat for frying (we use extra light olive oil)

(optional) Sweet and sour sauce

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, heat oil.
Coat chicken pieces in scrambled egg then almond flour
Fry in hot oil for a couple of minutes each side, not too long! Remove when slightly underdone, it will cook further when it's still hot and cooling.

Freezes well when cooled.

To serve, warm in oven. My family likes it with sweet and sour sauce poured over before warming.

hello 1

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:31 am
Cream of chicken soup

1 onion, diced
2 tbsp oil
2 large carrots, cubed
6 potatoes, cubed
1/2 large celery root, peeled and cubed
Salt/pepper
Chicken cutlets in a bag (like you use for bones)
Chicken bones (in a netted bag)

Saute the onions, carrots, potatoes, celery knob for a few minutes. Add water to cover, add in bag of bones and bag of cutlets. Add salt/pepper. Cook for an hour and half. Take out bones and cutlets. Let soup cool. Blend soup. Open bag of cutlets and shred into soup. Freezes great!
(Once soup is blended I put into containers - then I shred the cutlets with a gloved hand straight into the containers)

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:25 am
Did not read through, just wanted to put this out there. Whatever Shabbos and Yom Tov food you generally make, is probably ok with Pesach ingredients too. Kosher for Pesach Fish and soup is made the same way. Potato kugel is exactly the same, Broccoli kugel can be done with eggs and Mayo as base, chicken cutlets just fried in something else, chicken on bone same can add potatoes around, cooked veggies same, meat same, fried or baked burgers. The only thing that’s really different is the baking and homemade Lukshen. I even use my same chocolate mousse recipe all year long including Pesach. If you have a good gluten free recipe then it’s probably Pesachdik too!!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:04 am
imasinger wrote:

Ingredients:

Sounds really yummy and easy. Do you use the finely ground almond flour or ground almonds that have a heavier consistency, more like crumbs?

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Sounds really yummy and easy. Do you use the finely ground almond flour or ground almonds that have a heavier consistency, more like crumbs?

I've done both prefer the finely ground. Less burned bits in the frying pan.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:24 am
Here's a chametz recipe. I'm trying to remember if I've made it for Pesach, subbing potato starch or cake meal for the flour, and matzah meal for the cornflake crumbs:
Mix 1/3 c flour, 1/2 c oil, seasonings (onion, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, herbs, your call). Dredge chicken breasts in it, coat in cornflake crumbs, bake in oven on greased pan flipping after 20-25 minutes.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Did not read through, just wanted to put this out there. Whatever Shabbos and Yom Tov food you generally make, is probably ok with Pesach ingredients too. Kosher for Pesach Fish and soup is made the same way. Potato kugel is exactly the same, Broccoli kugel can be done with eggs and Mayo as base, chicken cutlets just fried in something else, chicken on bone same can add potatoes around, cooked veggies same, meat same, fried or baked burgers. The only thing that’s really different is the baking and homemade Lukshen. I even use my same chocolate mousse recipe all year long including Pesach. If you have a good gluten free recipe then it’s probably Pesachdik too!!

I don't use a lot of processed foods on pesach (lots of chassidim don't) so actually lots of my pesach food is quite different. No soup mix, ketchup, ready made sauces, chocolate, etc. I do use potato starch but many people I know don't. Also we peel all veggies. So salads are different.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:10 am
imasinger wrote:

Ingredients:

Oil or fat for frying (we use extra light olive oil)

(optional) Sweet and sour sauce

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, heat oil.
Coat chicken pieces in scrambled egg then almond flour
Fry in hot oil for a couple of minutes each side, not too long! Remove when slightly underdone, it will cook further when it's still hot and cooling.

Freezes well when cooled.

To serve, warm in oven. My family likes it with sweet and sour sauce poured over before warming.

Using the same method, potatoe starch works really well too instead of almond flour. Although I think its dip in starch, eggs and then starch.

flowergirl8

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:19 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I cooked for pesach the first time last year due to COVID and made so many delicious recipes.

Salmon cooked in white wine with mango salsa

Pecan crusted chicken dipped in batter with white wine

Pulled beef served with egg kichel

Potato chip crusted potato balls

Crispy potatos coated in potatos starch and roasted so it’s ultra crispy

Let me know if you want any recipes.

All please LOL

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:27 am
Raisin wrote:
I don't use a lot of processed foods on pesach (lots of chassidim don't) so actually lots of my pesach food is quite different. No soup mix, ketchup, ready made sauces, chocolate, etc. I do use potato starch but many people I know don't. Also we peel all veggies. So salads are different.

Same here. I’m always looking for new things to make and can never find anything

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Same here. I’m always looking for new things to make and can never find anything

Me three. I laughed out loud when I read the post that most shabbos and yt food that you usually make can be made on pesach too.

We don’t even use oil (only shmaltz)
No chocolate
No processed products
Almost nothing

My pantry on pesach contains just about:
Salt
Pepper
Cinnamon sticks that we need to grind
Sugar
Potato starch (and I consider myself lucky that we do use this)
Nuts that we shell and grind ourselves
Vinegar (also lucky that I don’t have to only use lemon juice for dressings and can change it up a bit)

Um, is that it? I think so!

But yes we made amazing delicious food all yom tov, just needs a lot of work and creativity.

I made a great pepper steak recipe that had wine orange juice and lemon juice. If anyone wants I can look up the recipe. I even made it again during the year cuz I liked it better than the store bought sauce type recipes I’ve tried.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Me three. I laughed out loud when I read the post that most shabbos and yt food that you usually make can be made on pesach too.

We don’t even use oil (only shmaltz)
No chocolate
No processed products
Almost nothing

My pantry on pesach contains just about:
Salt
Pepper
Cinnamon sticks that we need to grind
Sugar
Potato starch (and I consider myself lucky that we do use this)
Nuts that we shell and grind ourselves
Vinegar (also lucky that I don’t have to only use lemon juice for dressings and can change it up a bit)

Um, is that it? I think so!

But yes we made amazing delicious food all yom tov, just needs a lot of work and creativity.

I made a great pepper steak recipe that had wine orange juice and lemon juice. If anyone wants I can look up the recipe. I even made it again during the year cuz I liked it better than the store bought sauce type recipes I’ve tried.

I’d like it!

farmom

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 1:49 pm
Raisin wrote:

Yup.
But somehow Pesach foods are so wholesome and delicious.
Warm applesauce
Lemon sorbet
Melt-in-your-mouth meat
Creative salads with roasted pepper and fruit

I'm getting excited for pesach just thinking about them Very Happy

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:05 am
Pulled brisket
1 1/2 lb second cut brisket
1/4 cup oil
Salt and pepper for sprinkling brisket
1 large onion
1 cup orange juice or wine
1/4 cup honey
Massage oil into brisket and sprinkle salt and pepper. Spread onion in pan and add brisket on top. Pour ingredients over . Cover tightly and bake 350 for 3 hours or till very soft.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:08 am
Crunchy baked chicken fingers
1/2 cup mayo - homemade
3 T white wine
1 1/4 cup almonds toasted
1/2 cup potato starch
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tap salt
1/2 tap garlic powder if you use
1 lb chicken cutlets cut into finger size strips.

Combine mayo and wine. Pulse the almonds not to fine. Combine nuts potato starch and spices. Dip each chicken in mayo and then nuts.

Bake on 375 for 20 min.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:12 am
Crispiest roasted potatos
3 lb potato’s
1 1/2 tap salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder optional
1 1/2 tsp paprika
3 T potato starch
1/2 cup oil

Boil potatos in salt water 30 min. Drain. Combine oil spices and potato starch.
Toss potatos in oil. Place potatos on baking sheet. Bake 450 for 35 - 40 minutes.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:15 am
Potato kugel roll with pulled brisket
5 potatos shredded
5 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 450
Mix ingredients spread evenly in lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 50 minutes. Let it cool then flip. Spread pulled beef over kugel and roll lengthwise.

Pulled brisket:
1 T oil
2 large onions diced
2 lb second cut brisket
2 T salt
1 cup red wine
2 T honey

Sauté onions. Cover meat with onions and rest ingredients. Cover and bake 325 for 4 hours till soft. Shred with 2 forks.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:17 am
Potato balls
4 cups mashed potato’s. - 5 potatos
1 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
3 cups crushed potato chips.

Mix potatos salt and egg yolks till smooth. Shape into rounds with ice cream scooper and drop onto lined cookie sheet. Freeze till firm. Preheat oven to 425.
Dredge each ball in egg and then crushed potato chips. Bake 12 minutes.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 11:19 am
Apple pie
3/4 cup ground nuts
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 potato starch
1/4 cup oil 1 egg yolk.
Slice 6 Macintosh apples lightly coat sugar. 1/4 to 1/2. Up and 1 tsp cinnamon.

Press crumbs into 9 inch round pan. Add apples then top with crumbs. Bake 350 for an hour.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics