Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What price range should we be going for?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:49 am
Einikel wrote:

I saw this ad and thought of you. Don’t know if it’s interesting but I figured I’d put it out there.

Fyi: A friend of mine worked here. It is a great job but the hours are mainly afternoon/ evening. Other than the hours, she loved it!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:12 am
I didnt follow the entire conversation but in bp its really not embarrassing to have food stamps and wic, and if you approve you should definitly get it.
We are also a family of three kah and we get almost $400 a month on food stamps, I use it in the bakery and meat store too.
WIC also helps you can get free milk yogurt cheese baby jars...

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:12 am
also if you are not working now any way to get unemplyment?

#ibelieve

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:19 am
the boro park jewish counsel does food stamps and I belive they charge less about $50
phone number is 7182462100
Good Luck!!!

#ibelieve

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:25 am
how about advertising that you can watch anouther one or two children the ages as your son, tell the moms that you can do it untill after the summer or untill the summer.
This way you can earn some more cash. you can charge 6 or 7$ an hour and it adds up plus you have your son with you
or you can do subbing for some extra income untill you have a baby and then take it from there

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:42 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Thanks! My husband will try to take off but can’t 100% promise. But he said he’ll help me with the food stamps and wic.

I guess I do need to go to the pediatrician to get my son’s records. Do I need to ask my ob for records too? How do I ask for it? My appointment was yesterday:(

For wic you need proof of pregnancy letter which you can have obgyn office fax/email directly to wic office no need to go back in

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:38 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Yes you can apply anytime.
There is an organization that helps with budgeting and any money related issues. They teach you and guide you. Anyone here remember their name or have their number?

Mesillas

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:39 am
[quote="Hashem_n_Farfel"]''Please be super clear and simple because I get overwhelmed lol.

As y’all know we are looking to move to a bigger 2 bedroom place. Somewhere comfortable for 2-3 children and 2 adults to walk around comfortably.

Most places we looked at are in the 2200+ range (my husband said we can afford up till 1800-2100 at the most) with no utilities included a month

I’m at home with my son and currently expecting BH my second child (please don’t attack, we wanted this baby mutually but I’ll be taking a 3-5 year break after this one before we try for more''

please don't excuse yourself to strangers, or anyone, for getting pregnant. It's your life and you can do what you want without judgement
I was thinking that maybe you want to apply to yeled vyalda for multiple programs-for your toddler, if he is turning 3 this year, u can put him in yeled for free for nursery and kingergarten, assuming the cheder where u will send him afterwards won't mind. u might have to pay to hold his slot in cheder though..also they have an expectant moms program, and then after baby is born u can sign up for home based early headstart, and then center-based early headstart. all is free.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:52 am
I didnt read the whole thread, only the first post so I'll just respond to the topic of moving

OP I really dont think you should move. When I got married we moved into a tiny 2 bedroom basement. We were convinced that we were going to move after baby #1. We didnt do that. When I was pregnant with #2 we tried looking for a new apt but everything was so expensive. So we decided to stay and be creative and make it work. Here is what we did:

1. We put our dinette set in storage (in laws garage) and bought a small table that we keep pushed against the wall. We also bought 4 small folding chairs. That really opened up alot of space
2. We had two bookcases with seforim. We consolidated it into one bookcase and got rid of the of the other one (my husband left out the seforim he uses most often and put away the rest in storage).
3. We had a set of shelves where we kept our shabbos stuff. Most of it was serving pieces that we never use anyway. We got rid of the shelves, put most of the serving pieces in storage, and found space in a closet for the few stuff that we do use every week
4. We reorganized the toys

Basically the key to living in a small apartment is to have very little stuff and very little furniture

The bottom line is that BP is a very very expensive place to live and it is basically impossible to find a comfortably sized apartment at a reasonable price.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I didnt read the whole thread, only the first post so I'll just respond to the topic of moving

OP I really dont think you should move. When I got married we moved into a tiny 2 bedroom basement. We were convinced that we were going to move after baby #1. We didnt do that. When I was pregnant with #2 we tried looking for a new apt but everything was so expensive. So we decided to stay and be creative and make it work. Here is what we did:

1. We put our dinette set in storage (in laws garage) and bought a small table that we keep pushed against the wall. We also bought 4 small folding chairs. That really opened up alot of space
2. We had two bookcases with seforim. We consolidated it into one bookcase and got rid of the of the other one (my husband left out the seforim he uses most often and put away the rest in storage).
3. We had a set of shelves where we kept our shabbos stuff. Most of it was serving pieces that we never use anyway. We got rid of the shelves, put most of the serving pieces in storage, and found space in a closet for the few stuff that we do use every week
4. We reorganized the toys

Basically the key to living in a small apartment is to have very little stuff and very little furniture

The bottom line is that BP is a very very expensive place to live and it is basically impossible to find a comfortably sized apartment at a reasonable price.

I agree to totally de-clutter. You will feel free and light and have more space to breathe. u can store things under beds in under-bed plastic containers or fabric bags. But get rid of anything u don't actually need. I wouldn't even pay to have things in storage bec that's another expense. I would just get rid of it and buy new/used when u have a bigger place

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 12:09 pm
[quote="amother [ Slateblue ]"]
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
''Please be super clear and simple because I get overwhelmed lol.

As y’all know we are looking to move to a bigger 2 bedroom place. Somewhere comfortable for 2-3 children and 2 adults to walk around comfortably.

Most places we looked at are in the 2200+ range (my husband said we can afford up till 1800-2100 at the most) with no utilities included a month

I’m at home with my son and currently expecting BH my second child (please don’t attack, we wanted this baby mutually but I’ll be taking a 3-5 year break after this one before we try for more''

please don't excuse yourself to strangers, or anyone, for getting pregnant. It's your life and you can do what you want without judgement
I was thinking that maybe you want to apply to yeled vyalda for multiple programs-for your toddler, if he is turning 3 this year, u can put him in yeled for free for nursery and kingergarten, assuming the cheder where u will send him afterwards won't mind. u might have to pay to hold his slot in cheder though..also they have an expectant moms program, and then after baby is born u can sign up for home based early headstart, and then center-based early headstart. all is free.

That is a great suggestion!! I I’d suggest you look into it
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics