Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I'm not enjoying this food
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:28 pm
andrea levy wrote:
That is not anorexia. You eat ENOUGH. You don’t starve yourself. You get rid of cravings and don’t walk around hungry. If you’re still eating sweetener, stop.

I'm hungry but not eating because the options of food are gross to me at this point. I'm reading the food ideas and none of it sounds appetizing.

No sweetener at all.

I always used to joke that I'd be cured from binging if I only ate steak because I would never eat more than 1 steak. So on that level it works because I don't like it enough. But I don't crave 10 steaks but I'd do anything for a bowl of cereal and milk. And now I don't want any food at all even while my stomach growls because it's nauseating.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:34 pm
Omelet fried in butter
Minute steak over cauliflower rice
Spice-crusted chicken nuggets
Mini sliders with garlic mayo
Upside-down baked chicken legs
Salmon and cucumber salad

Anything remotely interesting?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:58 pm
BadTichelDay wrote:
I'm not sure if this works for others but it does for me (so far, been on it for 3 weeks):
I decided I wanted to lose weight but not greatly change my eating habits or munch "rabbit food" or keto stuff or anything weird or expensive.
So here's my own simple calories restriction diet, I eat anything I want but no more than 1800 calories a day. Of those, maximum 110 calories can be sweets or chocolate (before my diet I ate a lot more sweets).
2 hardboiled eggs in the morning are a must to ensure some protein as I don't usually eat meat during the week.
I've found that plain unsweetened black tea helps to reduce appetite so I drink several cups a day.
Other than that I eat all my normal stuff, but I weigh and count calories of everything and keep a brutally honest food diary.
On Shabbat I don't calculate but just generally hold back a bit.
So far, I've lost 2.6 kg in 3 weeks, that's 5.7 lbs as by google.
My appetite and sugar cravings have gone down already somewhat, so I hope I can keep it up long term.

Most people are not losing weight at 1800 calories a day. Me personally, I need to be at max 1200 to lose.
I prefer to not count calories and stay away from carbs.

Edit: lol, and 110 calories of sweets or chocolate 😂
Thank the one above for your metabolism.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm hungry but not eating because the options of food are gross to me at this point. I'm reading the food ideas and none of it sounds appetizing.

No sweetener at all.

I always used to joke that I'd be cured from binging if I only ate steak because I would never eat more than 1 steak. So on that level it works because I don't like it enough. But I don't crave 10 steaks but I'd do anything for a bowl of cereal and milk. And now I don't want any food at all even while my stomach growls because it's nauseating.

Rock, meet hard place?

Simple1

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:03 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned. But do you like soup? It’s easier to eat and filling. You can make many types for variety.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:26 pm
Here’s an idea for crunch. Equal parts water and flax seed. Soak until water is completely absorbed and then make 1 tbsp balls and flatten (wet hands). We sprinkle with kosher salt, and then I bake on convection at 325 til hard and crispy.

I’m not a big finer person but I like the taste and texture and the effects on my digestion. Literally flax seeds whole and water and salt.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:44 pm
Did you try carbolicious company food and melba toast? That gave me the starch like food I was craving....
How about almond flour baked goods?
Blintzes etc...

whewpy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:59 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Also not sure what specific diet you are on but my doc who actually made a study of this from a prestigious hospital. Eating carbs towards the end of the day let’s say in the evening has a much less effect when you eat them right away in the morning. So maybe eating them for dinner or late afternoon snack can be helpful? I found that really worked and didn’t effect the weight loss or cause me to gain more.

Lilac, I'm not clear what you're saying. Is your dr suggesting carbs are better in the morning or evening ?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise