Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why Some Orthodox Jewish Women Won’t Get Vaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ally

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:34 am
trixx wrote:
I didn't read anything past the title. Last year's articles were an attempt to blame the Jews for covid (where have we heard this spin before in history... The diseased jews). This article does the same. It's anti semitism pure and simple. And another excuse for Cuomo to force vaccinations on your kids in schools.

If people were really worried About anti semitism, they would have done anything possible to comply and stay under the radar. Don't openly defy public policy and then cry when you are called out on it.

And yeh. It's pretty upsetting that an antisemitic trope found a basis in reality. I'm still trying to figure out how to grapple with that.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:40 am
ally wrote:
If people were really worried About anti semitism, they would have done anything possible to comply and stay under the radar. Don't openly defy public policy and then cry when you are called out on it.

And yeh. It's pretty upsetting that an antisemitic trope found a basis in reality. I'm still trying to figure out how to grapple with that.

Seriously sad that you think people shouldn't be free enough to make their own health decisions and to justify anti semitism. Just because you agree with the vaccine does not mean you will agree with the next thing they want us to do. Will you just blindly follow government policy from here on to stay under the radar? And don't worry, even if you do they will find another reason to hate jews.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Why don’t they ever interview people like me, who appreciate (I don’t like the term believe in, science isn’t a religion) science and medicine, and at the same time can supply cogent, articulate arguments for why we choose to decline certain vaccines? And cringe at the pseudoscience being floated on WhatsApp and social media.

And what, pray tell, would your cogent and articulate arguments be?

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Seriously sad that you think people shouldn't be free enough to make their own health decisions and to justify anti semitism. Just because you agree with the vaccine does not mean you will agree with the next thing they want us to do. Will you just blindly follow government policy from here on to stay under the radar? And don't worry, even if you do they will find another reason to hate jews.

Find me ONE thing in this article that is not true, please.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:43 am
Why don't they write or include in the article about how Israel with a large population of religious jews has one of the highest vaccination rates? Oh, cuz that doesn't fit the narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0......html

Etc, etc. They've been reporting on Israel's high vaccination rates for a long time.

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:45 am
ally wrote:

Noooooo you can look like a [non jew] you can sound like a [non jew] etc. etc.

You can vaccinated with every vaccine known to man but if you support Israel you're a "dirty Jew"

You can wear a mask even to go jogging but if you keep shabbat and YT and can't show up to the office you're a "dirty Jew"

You will always be a "dirty Jew" Always. From the most progressive liberal and accepting to the most conservative xenophobic. From the river to the sea.

Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Maybe they won't openly and blatantly treat you like a "dirty Jew" maybe you'll hear something like "I love and respect because you're one of the Jews that is educated and sophisticated and a rule follower. You're not like the typical Jew"

Bleemee

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:49 am
Why’s it newsworthy that there are some people who are vaccine-compliant in every other way and are hesitant about taking a new vaccine?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:50 am
Sad that you are justifying antisemitism. Did they write this article about every minority or group that is anti-vax? This type of article breeds hatred towards Jews. Don't complain about an increase in anti Semitic attacks when you say you agree with this article.

This is article is not antisemitism.. please don't be the boy who cried antisemitism. How dare you say I justify antisemitism? What a vile accusation. There has been media reporting on the same issues with the black community. So much so, that the Mayor is even making it easier than ever to vaccinate in those communities.

I don't even know how to respond to the second half of your comment..the article is factual..you can see it even here on imamother.. What is there to disagree about ,it's the truth?

Last edited by fleetwood on Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

ally

I don't blindly follow anything. I am saying that if you were really afraid of antisemitism you might sacrifice your "freedom of expression" for physical safety. Jews in communist Russia were not openly defying government mandates. When jews were expelled from Spain, they didn't start taking about their rights. They ran or hid.
Slippery slope arguments are unhelpful. But certainly when you call everything anti semitism the term becomes meaningless. Which is dangerous because anti semitism is real. But not all criticism is anti senitism

amother
Poppy

With that said. All that means is to continue living life and pursuing your civil liberties unapologetically. It's not my fault anyone is antisemitic. It's derech hateva. Jews just aren't trending now. Not until Mashiach.

We don't need any accomodations. Just to be left to live and make our own choices as long as they aren't illegal.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:52 am
The failing New York Times........

They have an agenda ya know

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:54 am
Their obsession with the religious community is sick. This is pure hate, pure antisemitism.

Half the US population is vaccine hesitant, singling out the Jewish community is a blood libel.

They want people to think Jews don't care and are disease spreaders.

NYT is a joke, but unfortunately too many people think it's real journalism so we should be alert about what is written there. Time for alyiah.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:56 am
Eh. No one who hates Jews will come to love us because we take the vaccine. I make my own choices, what non Jews think about me doesn't generally come in to the picture.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
Find me ONE thing in this article that is not true, please.

The numbers are not accurate. They are not factoring the high percentage of young children in these neighborhoods. Neither are they factoring in a huge percentage of adults in these communities who already had covid.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:58 am

Your freedom to make health decisions ends once it effects my health....which is what happened when many defied the government during the pandemic.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:58 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
Their obsession with the religious community is sick. This is pure hate, pure antisemitism.

Half the US population is vaccine hesitant, singling out the Jewish community is a blood libel.

They want people to think Jews don't care and are disease spreaders.

NYT is a joke, but unfortunately too many people think it's real journalism so we should be alert about what is written there. Time for alyiah.

You summed it up well!!!

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
And what, pray tell, would your cogent and articulate arguments be?

My Rabbi told me not to...

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:59 am
fleetwood wrote:
Your freedom to make health decisions ends once it effects my health....which is what happened when many defied the government during the pandemic.

Boohoo. Stay home and wear 3 masks and gloves when you need to go out for an emergency.

ally

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Noooooo you can look like a [non jew] you can sound like a [non jew] etc. etc.

You can vaccinated with every vaccine known to man but if you support Israel you're a "dirty Jew"

You can wear a mask even to go jogging but if you keep shabbat and YT and can't show up to the office you're a "dirty Jew"

You will always be a "dirty Jew" Always. From the most progressive liberal and accepting to the most conservative xenophobic. From the river to the sea.

Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Maybe they won't openly and blatantly treat you like a "dirty Jew" maybe you'll hear something like "I love and respect because you're one of the Jews that is educated and sophisticated and a rule follower. You're not like the typical Jew"

It's because I believe antisemitism is real that I object to calling every criticism of the Jewish community anti semitism.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:01 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Eh. No one who hates Jews will come to love us because we take the vaccine. I make my own choices, what non Jews think about me doesn't generally come in to the picture.

You may not realize, but articles like these incite violence. It's a slippery slope.

Propaganda can shape how a population thinks about a group, I am not an alarmist, but for the first time in NY I was scared for my safety.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics