Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why Some Orthodox Jewish Women Won’t Get Vaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
You may not realize, but articles like these incite violence. It's a slippery slope.

Propaganda can shape how a population thinks about a group, I am not an alarmist, but for the first time in NY I was scared for my safety.

There is a rise in crime for the past few month in NY that has nothing to do with this article. Wake up! Whatever we do will be twisted and written in a negative way. We can’t win no matter what. I may as well do as I believe.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:05 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There is definitely a strong component of conspiracy theory going through Orthodox communities.

And so many "conspiracy theories" have been proven true.

Fake News screamed it was a "conspiracy theory" to claim that Covid came from a chinese lab
and not a bat or other animal. It is now acknowledged that Covid likely came from the Wuhan lab.

Fake News screamed it was a "conspiracy theory" to claim that FBI is corrupt and was out
to "get" Trump. Now proven that FBI knowingly LIED to FISA courts to get warrants to illegally
spy on Trump using a "dossier" that was paid for by Hillary and the Democratic National Committee!

How many alleged "Racist" incidents turned out to be HOAXES and false accusations?

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:06 am
You may not realize, but articles like these incite violence. It's a slippery slope.

Propaganda can shape how a population thinks about a group, I am not an alarmist, but for the first time in NY I was scared for my safety.

That's true, but if I vaccinate, they'll write about something else they don't like. I keep my head down and do my own thing. For example, I'm not going to become a vegetarian so shechitah stops, I'm not going to stop doing kapparos, and I'm not going to stop supporting Israel. They will always have something to get upset about.
(Besides, it seems to me that much of the violence these days is because of Israel. How does vaccinating help against roving gangs of Palestinian teenagers?)

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
Find me ONE thing in this article that is not true, please.

Loshon HoRah is TRUE. (Motzei Shem Ra is a lie).

The article will cause anti-semitism, giving people another "excuse" to to hate Jews.

There are plenty of "Truth" that Fake News covers up because it makes Democratic Party
look bad. Look at the Hunter Biden scandal.

When News Media SELECTIVELY reports the "Truth" then it is not News - it is PROPAGANDA!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:09 am
flowerpower wrote:
There is a rise in crime for the past few month in NY that has nothing to do with this article. Wake up! Whatever we do will be twisted and written in a negative way. We can’t win no matter what. I may as well do as I believe.

There was a rise in crime specifically against the Jewish community. Advocating for ourselves is worth it.

Hillel summs it up well:

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
And what, pray tell, would your cogent and articulate arguments be?

Look at the recent threads on Covid Vaccines.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:12 am
fleetwood wrote:
Your freedom to make health decisions ends once it effects my health....which is what happened when many defied the government during the pandemic.

You mean like when BLM defied the government with their protests when everyone else was on lockdown? Or do you only hate on your fellow Jews who were following the rules until blm showed us that its not necessary? Of course you justify blm and all the minorities who are not taking the vaccine but how dare Jews not do what the govt wants and take a vaccine that is less than a year old and we know very little about?

What, Jews already had covid and have antibodies but still somehow have to get a new experimental vaccine where the studies were removed so we dont even know what will happen in a year or two? What kind of government would bestow that on their constituents instead of allowing them to protect themselves from potential harm? Why push a vaccine and make it mandatory when its not even fda approved? The same govt that killed grandma is now telling us to take medication that may or may not harm us. How can anyone trust this govt (and why on earth do Jews still vote for this same garbage)?

That said, I find it hard to believe that Orthodox Jews openly spoke to reporters and gave them their names. I would bet your bottom dollar that this is made up just to make Jews look bad. But then again, that has been the theme throughout this pandemic, it was the dirty Jews who had to be punished and lockdown in red zones and now its the dirty Jews who have to be punished because some of them dont want to take the vaccine (even if many already have anti-bodies).

I guess the NY Times is really bored now that Trump is out of office and they cant report the truth about Biden (he is being mocked by foreign govts for being lost and not even able to follow his prepared note cards). But lets shove that under the rug and talk about them dirty Jews who dare to have a mind of their own and dont just follow orders of a govt who never cared about us in the first place.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:14 am
fleetwood wrote:
This is article is not antisemitism.. please don't be the boy who cried antisemitism. How dare you say I justify antisemitism? What a vile accusation. There has been media reporting on the same issues with the black community. So much so, that the Mayor is even making it easier than ever to vaccinate in those communities.

I don't even know how to respond to the second half of your comment..the article is factual..you can see it even here on imamother.. What is there to disagree about ,it's the truth?

One thing is sure - New York Times - whose main source of revenue (advertistements) is the pharmaceutical industry - is pushing Pro-Vaccine Propaganda.

There are NO long term studies of this vaccine so no one can say the fertility concern is "debunked".

Even on older vaccines, the insert states: This vaccine has not been studied for effects on fertility
and cancer.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

ally

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:17 am
There was a rise in crime specifically against the Jewish community. Advocating for ourselves is worth it.

Hillel summs it up well:

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Yes. But when you conflate fifteen issues and can't make a different argument it is not helpful.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There is no current evidence that any vaccines, including coronavirus vaccines, cause fertility problems, and people do not need to avoid becoming pregnant after receiving a coronavirus vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There are a few things in this article that bother me. The above is one of them.

It's a little disingenuous to state that there is no current evidence that the coronavirus vaccine can cause fertility problems, when in actual fact there is no current evidence that shows that it DOESN'T cause fertility problems. Have they really tested it carefully for this issue?

The second thing that bothers me is the perception that it is only people who reside in certain zip codes who are vaccine hesitant. I have met many people from all walks of life (Chassidish, not Chassidish, modern, barely frum, non Jewish) who are very hesitant about taking the vaccine.

There is no evidence that this vaccine is completely safe, and if anything, it is pretty obvious that we don't yet know the long term side effects.

A third issue I have with this article is pointing to the low vaccination rates in the Orthodox Jewish community without pointing out that the median age in the Orthodox Jewish community is MUCH lower as well. IOW, young people are less likely to get vaccinated, and we have much more young people.

This reminds me of the saying "every word I said is true, it's just what I left out...". In that respect, this article is not quite saying the full truth.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:24 am
fleetwood wrote:
Your freedom to make health decisions ends once it effects my health....which is what happened when many defied the government during the pandemic.

Masks were proven ineffective. Get the vaccine and you are immune. Everyone is entitled to their freedom to make their own health decisions.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:24 am
I dont think the article is anti-semitic at all. It discusses all facets of life, and sometimes there are articles of orthodox jews in New York. We are part of the fabric of NY. The way its written, that women are concerned about their fertility. is probably one of the "more legit" concerns, in contrast to all those other conspiracy theories. Nothing they wrote is untrue. so why do you think the statistics should be such a secret, especially if you dont vaccinate, and you think people that do are wrong. Theres enough anti-semitism without dubbing every article about orthodox jews, anti-semitic.

Also, fyi. get $25 from Gourmet Glatt, when you choose the incentive from NYC Public Markets, but whatever does it for you. (not that I think you should vaccinate for an incentive.. but just saying for those that are getting vaccinated anyway)

amother
Dandelion

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is more than a touch of shoot the messenger.

The topic of relying on internet rumors and not getting the shot has extensive threads on imamother and yet when the New York Times covers the same issue it automatically has an agenda.

Yep. Thats why I wish antivaxers would just keep quite. U dont want to get it , just dont. Stop advertising your stupidity

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:31 am
fleetwood wrote:

Wrong. Sorry. You can protect your health in other ways, for example by getting inoculated yourself, that do not infringe on my right to decline the vaccine.

(FTR, I am fully vaccinated but I decided of my own free will, not by being propagandized by the government and certainly not by being forced to do it, as you seem to want.)

mig100

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:32 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
There's a saying..."stereotypes are earned". This article isn't a blood libel. This is reflective of what is discussed in the vaccine threads here and what I've witnessed IRL. In fact, it's a bit classier than how the vaccine discussions typically devolve. [B]Also, if folks are ok with their positions, it really shouldn't bother them that this is being discussed in the NYT this way[b].

Yep agreed. Ill say it under my screenname.

I would be fine with the ny times quotes any of my vaccine posts.

Those who are not ok with being quoted, I would suggest reconsider why that is

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:35 am
[quote="amother [ Oatmeal ]"]Boohoo. Stay home and wear 3 masks and gloves when you need to go out for an emergency.[/quot
e]

No need...I'm fully vaxxed.. but your nastiness is a bit telling..seems you truly don't care about the health of those around you..truly frightening.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
Yep. Thats why I wish antivaxers would just keep quite. U dont want to get it , just dont. Stop advertising your stupidity

I wouldn't consider it stupidity when cdc is meeting due to the high incidecedence of myocarditis in young males after taking the vaccine. There are legitimate concerns that people have the right to know about it.

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:

First of all "advertising your stupidity" is offensive and inappropriate.

Second, no one needs to shut up. Everyone has a right to speak their truth. That's why we live here. You have a right to ignore.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:37 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Loshon HoRah is TRUE. (Motzei Shem Ra is a lie).

The article will cause anti-semitism, giving people another "excuse" to to hate Jews.

There are plenty of "Truth" that Fake News covers up because it makes Democratic Party
look bad. Look at the Hunter Biden scandal.

When News Media SELECTIVELY reports the "Truth" then it is not News - it is PROPAGANDA!

I'm confused. So many women here refuse the vaccine..so what exactly is the problem with the times reporting on it? You should be proud of your decision....unless you have doubts of course that you are doing the right thing.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
You mean like when BLM defied the government with their protests when everyone else was on lockdown? Or do you only hate on your fellow Jews who were following the rules until blm showed us that its not necessary? Of course you justify blm and all the minorities who are not taking the vaccine but how dare Jews not do what the govt wants and take a vaccine that is less than a year old and we know very little about?

What, Jews already had covid and have antibodies but still somehow have to get a new experimental vaccine where the studies were removed so we dont even know what will happen in a year or two? What kind of government would bestow that on their constituents instead of allowing them to protect themselves from potential harm? Why push a vaccine and make it mandatory when its not even fda approved? The same govt that killed grandma is now telling us to take medication that may or may not harm us. How can anyone trust this govt (and why on earth do Jews still vote for this same garbage)?

That said, I find it hard to believe that Orthodox Jews openly spoke to reporters and gave them their names. I would bet your bottom dollar that this is made up just to make Jews look bad. But then again, that has been the theme throughout this pandemic, it was the dirty Jews who had to be punished and lockdown in red zones and now its the dirty Jews who have to be punished because some of them dont want to take the vaccine (even if many already have anti-bodies).

I guess the NY Times is really bored now that Trump is out of office and they cant report the truth about Biden (he is being mocked by foreign govts for being lost and not even able to follow his prepared note cards). But lets shove that under the rug and talk about them dirty Jews who dare to have a mind of their own and dont just follow orders of a govt who never cared about us in the first place.

I've never defended BLM and Ive never hated on Jews Your post is disgusting and I will be reporting it to the mods.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics