Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Diapers on Shabbos?
Previous  1  2

yehudis

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:54 am
Looks like Pampers don't have this problem. Can we do a survey here? Can you look at your diapers and post the brand and whether or not you have to tear them to use them?

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 12:39 pm
we asked about the diapers- and were told that we don't have to open them b4 shabbos. as someone else said, they're stuck together from the cutting process. we weren't told to differentiate between velcro or tape, either- I would think that since the taping isn't permanent, it's not a problem. but when you close the diaper after you're done with it, then it's meant to be permanent.
we do not use wipes. I dry out wipes before shabbos and we have our own spray bottle that I put water and baby soap into. spray n' wipe w/ the dry wipes. not as easy as the real wipes, but much better than using tissues or having to pay for baby spritz.

Rivka

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 4:33 pm
I use pampers and pull ups...pampers have a velcro so do huggies, I think store brands have the sticky stuff. Wipes...I know people don't use them on shabbos and we sell babyspritz where I work, but I use wipes, they are not meant to be very wet, I have a box and the huggies wipes come in a packet and I take them out the packet and put them in the box to use and there is never a soaking wetness.
About tissues in boxes...I use the store brands here and they are fine, they are all seperate pieces.
If you really are desperate for tissues though you can use from the roll just don't tear along the perferated line. Learnt that in halacha class.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions