Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Anyone have any ideas of what I can sell from home
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 5:50 pm
Pm or email me, I might have an idea for you..... but I would like to discuss it in private. Very Happy

shayna82

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 8:47 pm
I decided taht iw ill start to babysit in my home.. it might be crazy getting into it, but I will warn women that if it dosnt work out for me, I might have to quit. one main lady here who used to babysit is now working, so lots of women are in need... we will see hwo it works out, since I have a two year old and a 6 month old Exclamation Confused shock

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 8:55 pm
Good luck! Wink

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 9:35 pm
Shayna, the discovery toys could be agood idea nd there is also something called usborne books. I had a friend who did this, they were a little pricy but with discovery toys, each toy told you what is was for developmentallyand was really good qaulity. I baught some books from her and my son loves them!

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 8:25 am
Hatzlacha! I think it's really important to have frum daycare available. You're doing a great thing!

supermom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 9:23 am
maybe it is only me but if I had someone telling me that she is only trying it out and if it doesn't work out then oh well. I would think twice before putting my child in and look for another stable place to stick my kid in knowing it will last more than a see if it can work daycare.

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 9:26 am
u are right, but what happenes if I starti t and its overwelming for me, I dont know how it would be, I never did it before, and it dosnt work out, women have the right to know that It might not work.. there are other babysitters here, im not the only one.

happymom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 11:00 am
shayna 82 how many kids to u want to have in the datcare? is it hard for u with 2? I was gthinking of doing babysitting in my house and I then realized that if its hard for me to watch my kid how would I be able to watch three or for by myself? are you having helpers?

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 11:25 am
I have two kids baruch Hashem, ages 2 and a little, and six months. kah' they are both good kids.. and my son is even better when he is around other kids, hes not wild. at times it is overwelming, but I know if he is ocpupied, it will be fine... as of now, only got one response

odchai

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 12:27 pm
How about making gift baskets. Like for people to send for Shabbos or for people they know that are in the hospital or for when people are having a simcha. I know it's work but if you're creative then it could be fun.

Raisin

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 3:33 pm
How about a Jewish teachers supply store: jewish a+c, posters, stickers, cheap prizes, coloring books, workbooks and textbooks. Parents may also like to come to buy prizes etc for kids. Something like http://www.headofthejewishclass.com/ but also with textbooks etc

Raisin

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 3:36 pm
also wanted to say: my sister does daycare in the home and it is pretty tough. It also ties you up during the day so you will not be able to go out and do shopping, appointments etc

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 3:52 pm
Rifky, that's such a great idea... thanks for the link...Thumbs Up
it is a really good idea if someone is living abroad.

It just gave me an idea Idea

RedVines

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 9:54 pm
I like the idea of putting together gift baskets...any ideas of how to make that actually work?

I am pretty creative, I like to personalize things, like thank you cards etc.

I just wonder how I could make it work for me and if it could eventually go online...any thoughts

happymom

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 9:59 pm
mommyoftwo, personalizing cards is a really good idea! you can do them for upshernishes, basmitzvas, thankyoucards and many others... you can advertise...

Last edited by happymom on Fri, Mar 31 2006, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

RedVines

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 10:07 pm
Thanks... how can I advertise on internent?

How many to start with?

Anything to add...cards plus...

happymom

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 10:38 pm
why dont you put up adds around where you live and also maybe in your local newspaper to start with. im not sure how to put adds online... sorry

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 9:16 am
SO yasher koach to my personal shopper Shayna82 Very Happy who looks for great bargains, post and asks me before, and frees me up to prepare for my classes etc Tongue Out

lucky

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 11:11 am
mommyoftwo wrote:
I like the idea of putting together gift baskets...any ideas of how to make that actually work?

I am pretty creative, I like to personalize things, like thank you cards etc.

I just wonder how I could make it work for me and if it could eventually go online...any thoughts

It's not as easy as it seems. Creativity is not enough. You need lots of time, space, and money to invest. You also have to find a niche in a competetive market.

shayna82

Post Sun, Dec 25 2005, 11:16 am
thanks freilich again!

thanks everyone for your responses. I did actually start selling tichels here in my town, and the first batch went like latkes!!! so im ordering more in diffrent styles and colors.

thanks!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics