Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Strange food combinations.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:47 pm
When she was 2, one of my DD's made and devoured a "matza pizza" made of matzo, honey (as the sauce) and slices of American cheese on top. She ate it cold.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 6:12 pm
kenz wrote:
Ok wait, all of this on one sandwich?? I so need to taste this now, but way too much effort! How did you ever come to add so many ingredients to one sandwich??

Next bris and potato chips from your car lol. I think all veg except pickles can be skipped if it's too much effort.

kenz

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 6:14 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Next bris and potato chips from your car lol. I think all veg except pickles can be skipped if it's too much effort.

You want me to do this in public? 😳😆

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 6:15 pm
Vanilla chicken

Tomato flavored ice cream

Zucchini pretzels

Scwarma cheesecake

Frizzy napkin

sofia1

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 7:10 pm
vinegar brownies
onion dip cotton candy
mustard with cinnamon toast crunch (mustard can be used as a substitute for milk)
salmon pizza (only for shabbos kodesh)

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 7:12 pm
sofia1 wrote:
vinegar brownies
onion dip cotton candy
mustard with cinnamon toast crunch (mustard can be used as a substitute for milk)
salmon pizza (only for shabbos kodesh)

I also love vinegar brownies

My mom doesn’t usually let me have salmon pizza cuz salmon has too much protein

sofia1

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I also love vinegar brownies

My mom doesn’t usually let me have salmon pizza cuz salmon has too much protein

Maybe instead of commenting on my post, you should go fix your relationship with your mother. It seems like she doesn't want you to be healthy.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 8:36 pm
sofia1 wrote:
Maybe instead of commenting on my post, you should go fix your relationship with your mother. It seems like she doesn't want you to be healthy.

Huh? I’m getting mighty confused here! Seems like the same poster commenting on her posts with diff usernames? Or just 2 odd individuals?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:15 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Huh? I’m getting mighty confused here! Seems like the same poster commenting on her posts with diff usernames? Or just 2 odd individuals?

Nope I’m not the other poster.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:23 pm
kenz wrote:
You want me to do this in public? 😳😆

I'm sorry honey but you can't have both! It's either you put in the effort yourself or you eat it at someone else's table. This is the best sandwich in the world. If you want to take part you got to pay the price somehow. Can't Believe It

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Grate or melt some cheddar cheese over vanilla ice cream. (I have to be anonymous for this because everyone who knows me can identify me based on this info.)

When I used to not keep kosher I once bought cheddar corn ice cream in an Asian store. It was bizarre but very good.

Also, Caribbean curry with spinach, shrimp and cheddar cheese. Bizarre combinations.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:19 pm
When I was a teen, my favorite treat was banana ice cream (too bad we lost the recipe!) with french fries

kenz

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I'm sorry honey but you can't have both! It's either you put in the effort yourself or you eat it at someone else's table. This is the best sandwich in the world. If you want to take part you got to pay the price somehow. Can't Believe It

Oy, the pressure is on. I'm gonna have to splurge for some store-bought tuna and egg salad, methinks. What kind of cheese do you put on? I need details. LOL

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:24 pm
Any poutine lovers here? That was the strangest thing I saw served in a canadian restaurant, a bowl of french fries served with melted cheese and a generous drizzle of maple syrup!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:33 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Any poutine lovers here? That was the strangest thing I saw served in a canadian restaurant, a bowl of french fries served with melted cheese and a generous drizzle of maple syrup!

was it really maple syrup? usually it is brown gravy

kenz

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:24 pm

French fries and melted cheese is awesome. Maple syrup I'm not so sure about.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:12 am
My husband puts shredded cheese into his cereal.
I thought it was strange until I tasted it and its quit good.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:13 am
We grew up on wheat germ and herring (it was a way for my mother to get us to eat wheat germ, she was really into health). It actually does taste good!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:20 am

Poutine is usually made with gravy, not maple syrup as well as cheese curds, so I consider this poutine version weird for sure.

Best poutine ever was fried gnocchi with lamb and gravy at a montreal kosher steak house.

When I had my Niagara Falls restaurant we had cheese fries which were fries with the Mac and cheese sauce and melted cheese. That was insane but not strange.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:25 am
Vanilla ice cream and french fries! Dip the fries in the ice cream and enjoy, yum!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics