Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How can I get a medical exemption?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:51 pm
I think OP believes the vaccine is dangerous. Or no long term studies.

Millions of others feel the same.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:13 am
Go to mykidsmychoice.com very helpful website for exemption education.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:45 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I think OP believes the vaccine is dangerous. Or no long term studies.

Millions of others feel the same.

I understand why she doesn’t want the vaccine but why does she need to get an official medical exemption?
Many of us feel the same way and are not getting vaccinated

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 7:35 am
If your ob/gyn writes a timeframe until after delivery it should be a accepted. I work in healthcare where our exemptions had to be in by the 27th. Those that had a date were accepted. Hopefully.by then the guidelines will change.
My exemption went through but I have a compromised immune system .

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 8:29 am
Some people need an official exemption to keep their jobs

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 8:40 am
ladYdI wrote:
May I ask Why do you need a medical exemption?

Her first post says that she doesn't want the vaccine either because or while she's pregnant, and implies that her job requires it and she'll otherwise be unemployed.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Not sure who is fond of you but you did bring it up in another thread so I asked why you keep bringing it up.
I dont know who considers ivermectin a "miracle" drug but I do know many who have taken it and recovered so clearly it works. Unfortunately its difficult to get is right now since the fda decided that its "horse medication" when its not so doctors are too afraid to prescribe it and pharmacies mysteriously dont have it. The people who are depriving those who need it have blood on their hands. Especially since the miracle vaccine that you keep touting about doesnt work and many vaccinated people are getting sick so not sure why its still be pushed as the only miracle drug when other medications do work but are being banned. All medications should be available to everyone who wants it and people should make their own decisions what to take with the help of their personal doctors. Enough with the tyranny.

Well, clearly you are fond of me, since you follow me across threads and remember what I have to say. I wish I knew the identity of my secret admirer. Can you at least share why you're anonymous, in violation of group rules?

Just kidding! Of course I know who you are. Both nyms! Although I'm beginning to suspect that there's a 3rd that I missed. Is there a 3rd. Cmon, let me know!

You don't have to take the vaccine. There may be consequences for your actions, like dying, but your choice.

Study after study shows that ivermectin is not effective. https://www.forbes.com/sites/d.....970e5 But, you can feel free to take it. Although, of course, it was tested on fetal cell lines.

Ditto HCQ.

And we know that the vaccine IS effective at preventing hospitalization and death. https://scitechdaily.com/covid.....pare/ But, again, your choice.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:59 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Well, clearly you are fond of me, since you follow me across threads and remember what I have to say. I wish I knew the identity of my secret admirer. Can you at least share why you're anonymous, in violation of group rules?

Just kidding! Of course I know who you are. Both nyms! Although I'm beginning to suspect that there's a 3rd that I missed. Is there a 3rd. Cmon, let me know!

You don't have to take the vaccine. There may be consequences for your actions, like dying, but your choice.

Study after study shows that ivermectin is not effective. https://www.forbes.com/sites/d.....970e5 But, you can feel free to take it. Although, of course, it was tested on fetal cell lines.

Ditto HCQ.

And we know that the vaccine IS effective at preventing hospitalization and death. https://scitechdaily.com/covid.....pare/ But, again, your choice.

Study after study proves that ivermectin DOES work-- https://c19ivermectin.com/

Study after study proves that hcq DOES work-- https://c19hcq.com/

Of course, it has to be given at the right time with the right dosage which is the key to saving lives with these medications.

The vaccine doesnt have long term studies, was fraudulently approved by the fda who now lost all their credibility (they approved a drug to be manufactured in the future and isnt even on the market yet and doesnt have the mandatory long term studies required for approval) and doesnt work as we are seeing in Israel and other highly vaccinated countries with high covid rates. Most people diagnosed with covid were never hospitalized in the first place. Most people survive covid just fine without the vaccine and without needing to be hospitalized. To pretend that the vaccine changed that or made a difference is a joke.
But you believe that you have some secret admirer who is fond of you because I read some thread on this site so I will let you live in your own reality. In the meanwhile, make every medication available so that people can make their own decisions about what to take instead of restricting things you disagree with. Unless of course you dont want to save lives, which ivermectin and hcq, etc have repeatedly proven to do. People who are restricting it have blood on their hands as they refuse to save lives that can easily be saved with the early treatment medication. But you do you.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ Burlywood wrote:
]Study after study proves that ivermectin DOES work-- https://c19ivermectin.com/

FLCCC is not a reliable source, particularly as to ivermectin. They have repeatedly been accused of making false statements. Their paper was also pulled from Frontiers:

Quote:
During review of the article in what the journal refers to as “the provisional acceptance phase,” Fenter says in the statement, members of Frontiers’s research integrity team identified “a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups.”

The statement continues: “Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies. In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19.”

Later in December, FLCCC founder Paul Marik, the first author on the now-rejected Frontiers manuscript and a professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School, wrote a paper reviewing ivermectin that included references to debunked papers, including an observational study of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients led by now-discredited Surgisphere Corporation. That study, which had been posted on the preprint server SSRN, was taken down at the request of one of the authors back in May after concerns were raised about the provenance of the company’s data.

There have been a number of trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients, although they haven’t met all the criteria that scientists typically deem necessary to generate strong evidence—that is, being randomized, well-controlled trials with hundreds or thousands of patients and findings published in a peer-reviewed journal.

The NIH, which last updated its advice on ivermectin in COVID-19 patients on February 11, 2021, states that most of the studies claiming to show benefits of ivermectin contain “incomplete information and significant methodological limitations, which make it difficult to exclude common causes of bias.”

The agency concludes that “there are insufficient data . . . to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19,” and calls for “adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials.”

https://www.the-scientist.com/.....68505

Same discredited source.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health.....42652

https://www.frontiersin.org/ar...../full

https://www.webmd.com/lung/new.....covid

Of course, it has to be given at the right time with the right dosage which is the key to saving lives with these medications.

The vaccine doesnt have long term studies, was fraudulently approved by the fda who now lost all their credibility (they approved a drug to be manufactured in the future and isnt even on the market yet and doesnt have the mandatory long term studies required for approval) and doesnt work as we are seeing in Israel and other highly vaccinated countries with high covid rates. Most people diagnosed with covid were never hospitalized in the first place. Most people survive covid just fine without the vaccine and without needing to be hospitalized. To pretend that the vaccine changed that or made a difference is a joke.

LOL. We see that the vaccine is tremendously successful in preventing hospitalizations and deaths. But that's just "fake news."

But you believe that you have some secret admirer who is fond of you because I read some thread on this site so I will let you live in your own reality.

Such a sweet, lovely sentiment the just hours before we recite Kol Nidre. Although we both know that I'm being sarcastic about your long-term affection for me. I nevertheless do grant you mechila.

In the meanwhile, make every medication available so that people can make their own decisions about what to take instead of restricting things you disagree with. Unless of course you dont want to save lives, which ivermectin and hcq, etc have repeatedly proven to do. People who are restricting it have blood on their hands as they refuse to save lives that can easily be saved with the early treatment medication. But you do you.

A bit contradictory, don't you think? The vaccine should never have been released, you claim, because of lack of long term studies as to its efficacy in fighting covid. But you demand that people be allowed to take other drugs that have been shown to be ineffective.

The FDA has a role in ensuring the safety and efficacy of drugs in the US, as do correspondent agencies elsewhere in the world. They need to do that job.

Edited to fix the attributions, which were messed up.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:32 am
Monoclonal infusion works wonders. I don't understand why it's not widely given and so many people are ignorant about it. If people don't want to take the vaccine at least let them have monoclonal infusion. The antibody count for those that get it may even be higher than the Covid vaccine.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:58 am
SixOfWands wrote:
]Study after study proves that ivermectin DOES work-- https://c19ivermectin.com/

FLCCC is not a reliable source, particularly as to ivermectin. They have repeatedly been accused of making false statements. Their paper was also pulled from Frontiers:

Quote:
During review of the article in what the journal refers to as “the provisional acceptance phase,” Fenter says in the statement, members of Frontiers’s research integrity team identified “a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups.”

The statement continues: “Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies. In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19.”

Later in December, FLCCC founder Paul Marik, the first author on the now-rejected Frontiers manuscript and a professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School, wrote a paper reviewing ivermectin that included references to debunked papers, including an observational study of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients led by now-discredited Surgisphere Corporation. That study, which had been posted on the preprint server SSRN, was taken down at the request of one of the authors back in May after concerns were raised about the provenance of the company’s data.

There have been a number of trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients, although they haven’t met all the criteria that scientists typically deem necessary to generate strong evidence—that is, being randomized, well-controlled trials with hundreds or thousands of patients and findings published in a peer-reviewed journal.

The NIH, which last updated its advice on ivermectin in COVID-19 patients on February 11, 2021, states that most of the studies claiming to show benefits of ivermectin contain “incomplete information and significant methodological limitations, which make it difficult to exclude common causes of bias.”

The agency concludes that “there are insufficient data . . . to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19,” and calls for “adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials.”

https://www.the-scientist.com/.....68505

Same discredited source.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health.....42652

https://www.frontiersin.org/ar...../full

https://www.webmd.com/lung/new.....covid

LOL. We see that the vaccine is tremendously successful in preventing hospitalizations and deaths. But that's just "fake news."

But you believe that you have some secret admirer who is fond of you because I read some thread on this site so I will let you live in your own reality.

Such a sweet, lovely sentiment the just hours before we recite Kol Nidre. Although we both know that I'm being sarcastic about your long-term affection for me. I nevertheless do grant you mechila.

In the meanwhile, make every medication available so that people can make their own decisions about what to take instead of restricting things you disagree with. Unless of course you dont want to save lives, which ivermectin and hcq, etc have repeatedly proven to do. People who are restricting it have blood on their hands as they refuse to save lives that can easily be saved with the early treatment medication. But you do you.

A bit contradictory, don't you think? The vaccine should never have been released, you claim, because of lack of long term studies as to its efficacy in fighting covid. But you demand that people be allowed to take other drugs that have been shown to be ineffective.

The FDA has a role in ensuring the safety and efficacy of drugs in the US, as do correspondent agencies elsewhere in the world. They need to do that job.

Edited to fix the attributions, which were messed up.

Sixofwands, the site I posted has lots of studies, you will have to be specific about which particular study you believe has been "debunked". Please clarify.

I just googled "how many people were diagnosed with covid in America" and got this response:
41.4 million people (+160k) cases and 664K (+2652) deaths. Which means that most people survive covid. And most of this was before the vaccine came out. Many of the people who had covid never had symptoms and were never hospitalized. So to make the claim that the vaccine changed anything or made things better is ridiculous. The vaccine does nothing except make anxious people feel better that they did something about a disease that disregards the vaccine in the first place (as we are seeing a high rate of covid cases in Israel and other vaccinated countries).

I know you dont believe ivermectin and hcq and other medications work but lots of people have taken them (including many vaccinated people who got sick as well) so even without any studies, we have the evidence that the medications work when given correctly and with the right dose. You dont have to take it but why would you withhold it from people who want it as an option if they do get sick? Especially if the goal is to save lives? These medications have been used for humans for a long time so we know its safe on humans whereas the vaccine has barely been researched on humans, hasnt been used on humans for long term and has no long term studies so people have the right not to be used as guinea pigs for an experimental drug if they dont want to. Why are you insisting that they have no rights to self autonomy? Why is it your way or the high way instead of allowing people to use whatever medication they feel would be best for them based on their medical history and advise from their own personal doctors?
Over 40 million people had covid in America and didnt die (lots of people who did die died of hospital neglect and govt mismanagement) so time to stop the narrative that covid is a dangerous disease that kills people when that is not true. Time to make all medications available so that people can decide what treatment is best for them. Anyone withholding these medications has blood on their hands. Enough with the tyranny.

amother1223

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Presumably you have an obgyn? If they are for it, then take the shot. You trust them with the actual literal life of your baby so trust them with this too.
Otherwise they should be able to give you an exemption. Easy enough.

is the obgyn liable if has v shalom something happens to the baby? if not, who is?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:40 pm
amother1223 wrote:
is the obgyn liable if has v shalom something happens to the baby? if not, who is?

You're looking for someone to guarantee the results of a pregnancy. That cannot be done.

Something like 10% to 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. No one knows why. There is no one to hold resposible.

Studies tell us that miscarriages are not more common after vaccination. https://www.reuters.com/busine.....9-13/ But in pregnancy, women worry about everything, so its certainly understandable to be concerned.

There is an increased risk of miscarriage if the mother has covid. https://journals.plos.org/plos.....55994 But, of course, I assume that OP would be extremely careful, knowing that.

OP, my advice is to talk to your OB. Explain your concerns, and see what she has to say. Then see if you can get a second opinion.

Then make your decision.

Frankly, there are very very few reasons for a medical exemption from this vaccine, and I doubt you will get a legit one. if you conclude you don't want to take it while pregnant, I'd go a different route. I'd ask to work remotely, if possible, due to the risk of COVID to the fetus. That keeps your coworkers, clients, and you all safe.

B'shaa tova, and gmar chatima tova.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:50 pm
Interesting. I'm 16 weeks pregnant. My (not Jewish) obgyn has never asked me if I'm vaccinated. She hasn't mentioned it at all. As if it's a non issue. Which I believe it is (I had Corona, it was miserable but not dangerous, being that I'm young and in good health, and now I have antibodies and see no reason for the shot).

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You're looking for someone to guarantee the results of a pregnancy. That cannot be done.

Something like 10% to 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. No one knows why. There is no one to hold resposible.

Studies tell us that miscarriages are not more common after vaccination. https://www.reuters.com/busine.....9-13/ But in pregnancy, women worry about everything, so its certainly understandable to be concerned.

There is an increased risk of miscarriage if the mother has covid. https://journals.plos.org/plos.....55994 But, of course, I assume that OP would be extremely careful, knowing that.

OP, my advice is to talk to your OB. Explain your concerns, and see what she has to say. Then see if you can get a second opinion.

Then make your decision.

Frankly, there are very very few reasons for a medical exemption from this vaccine, and I doubt you will get a legit one. if you conclude you don't want to take it while pregnant, I'd go a different route. I'd ask to work remotely, if possible, due to the risk of COVID to the fetus. That keeps your coworkers, clients, and you all safe.

B'shaa tova, and gmar chatima tova.

There are many reasons why someone would get a medical exemption for a vaccine that can cause many issues. Doctors are just too afraid to give them out.

OPs vaccination status doesn't effect anyone else. You want the vaccine, take it, and you have the protection you need.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
There are many reasons why someone would get a medical exemption for a vaccine that can cause many issues. Doctors are just too afraid to give them out.

There are few reasons to give out medical exemptions. The vaccines don't include the usual allergens. There are very few medical contraindications.

Doctors aren't "afraid" to give out, they're not giving them because they're not warranted.

[quote="amother [ NeonOrange ]OPs vaccination status doesn't effect anyone else. You want the vaccine, take it, and you have the protection you need.[/quote]

As we've discussed, vaccination status does affect others, particularly those who are most medically vulnerable. One of the things that has most disenchanted me about the world over these past 2 years is how little people seem to care about others.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
As we've discussed, vaccination status does affect others, particularly those who are most medically vulnerable. One of the things that has most disenchanted me about the world over these past 2 years is how little people seem to care about others.

Agree with this. Just because vaccination is right for you doesn't make it right for everyone. How it has become that people who don't want to vaccinate for their own reasons became known as people harming society is beyond me. Why do you expect me to risk my health? Do you not care about me? And yes, I still care about you and can wear my mask and socially distance even if not vaccinated.

amother1223

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

If a pregnant mother doesn’t want to risk listeria she won’t eat sushi. If she doesn’t want to risk side affects of drugs she doesn’t have to take them. And if she’s being mandated by her job- then they should give alternatives or be forced to pay her the same salary for her to do the work remotely

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:54 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Curious if you’ve gotten covid yet sixofwands?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Yes doctors ARE afraid to give medical exemptions.

If a person had a bad reaction to a vaccine, doctors are afraid to give exemption.

Doctors are afraid to give exemptions to children whose sibling DIED adter vaccination or became permanently damaged.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics