Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm a makeup artist AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:07 pm
What are the licensing requirements in your location?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:29 pm
Perrys wrote:
What are was weirdest request you had

Can't think of one at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:31 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
What are the licensing requirements in your location?

You need an esthitician license

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:37 pm
If in pictures around your eyes skin looks red, what color corrective makeup should you use?

What foundation/concealer g techniques for older, wrinkled faces?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:44 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
If in pictures around your eyes skin looks red, what color corrective makeup should you use?

What foundation/concealer g techniques for older, wrinkled faces?

Green works to cancel redness.
For mature skin, less is more. Use a lightweight, light coverage foundation or tinted Moisturizer. For very wrinkled skin it's best to use fingers to apply. As for concealer only use where needed such as under eyes or dark spots. Use something hydrating and creamy, not too drying.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:54 pm
Check out the app called Brandefy

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 8:12 pm
how much do you charge guest of wedding
or the bride at her location thanks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
how much do you charge guest of wedding
or the bride at her location thanks

Depends how far it is for me to travel.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:41 pm
Do you find that more expensive products are better? Can you tell us some of your fave high end picks and some real money savers?

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:43 pm
Do you feel you have a disadvantage being that you don't use Instagram to promote your work. I don't have an account and it's a real struggle.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:58 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
Do you find that more expensive products are better? Can you tell us some of your fave high end picks and some real money savers?

It depends. There are some high end that are really good and nothing can compare but some really cheap products that are amazing too! Depends on the specific product and brand.

It would take forever to list my favorite picks for high end and budget. Give me one category of makeup and I'll tell you my picks.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:59 pm
I have a very basic makeup routine:
Blush eye shadow lipstick (mascara).

What is one product I could put on my face before I put on blush that would give me a more polished look?
There are so many choices (moisturizer/foundation/powder/bb cream/cc cream) and I get overwhelmed and do nothing.

Would love to hear your thoughts?

Also, won’t the blush come out looking different if I put it on over something wet like a moisturizer? Won’t it be “too much”?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:01 pm
Do you feel you have a disadvantage being that you don't use Instagram to promote your work. I don't have an account and it's a real struggle.

I don't feel that it's a disadvantage because it's a choice I made and honestly most referrals in this field are through word of mouth. I also really don't want the pressure to have to post pics. Don't worry, you can and will be successful even without it if that's the choice you make. Good luck!

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:08 pm
Hi! Fellow MUA here.
Is there any online community for makeup artists to discuss or share tips? I'd love to be part of or create something like that.

Reddit has a forum for professional makeup artists

https://www.reddit.com/r/makeupartists/

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:09 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
How do you cover up pitted acne scars?

Impossible to conceal completely but using a stippling brush with the appropriate technique and a good foundation helps disguise.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
I have a very basic makeup routine:
Blush eye shadow lipstick (mascara).

What is one product I could put on my face before I put on blush that would give me a more polished look?
There are so many choices (moisturizer/foundation/powder/bb cream/cc cream) and I get overwhelmed and do nothing.

Would love to hear your thoughts?

Also, won’t the blush come out looking different if I put it on over something wet like a moisturizer? Won’t it be “too much”?

I would suggest a tinted Moisturizer or a foundation powder before blush. If going with the powder you definitely still need to put on a Moisturizer first. If your skin leans oily go with the powder. If not, it's your choice.

The blush can look more pigmented applied over a wet product. Go in with a lighter hand and make sure to blend it in so it shouldn't look 'too much'.

The Mac studio fix powder foundation is a holy grail. You can't go wrong with that.

For tinted Moisturizer there are many great ones, it would depend on your budget.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:37 pm
Which foundation would you recommend that would cover light age spots but give nice Natura
Finish

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:40 pm
If a client asks for no eye makeup do u respect that ?

jflower

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bobby brown long wear gel eyeliner
Inglot gel eyeliner

Both of the above need to be applied with a brush. If you prefer no brush then try the Nyx epic ink liner.

Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:14 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
Which foundation would you recommend that would cover light age spots but give nice Natura
Finish

Is it just a couple of spots? Because then I would recommend using a concealer.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics