Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Cost of bar mitzvah in hotel for Shabbos?
Previous  1  2

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 4:45 pm
Thanks so much!

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:48 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
When we did the calculations, going to a basic hotel together with catering and hiring waiters was cheaper than doing it in our shules simcha room with full catering and service, getting rooms by neighbors and buying them a mechubadike gift to thank them. I baked in advance, bought chocolates, dry fruit, nuts, crackers, chips, candy, cut fruit and popped popcorn, brought shnapps and drinks for a Friday night post meal gathering (including hot water urn and tea sense), for a kiddish after shule, and afternoon nosh. Since it was summer I brought cheesecake which the place almost didnt let me leave in their fridge so get advance ok on that. I also brought some board games for the kids, and my husband added learning sheets which was a hit. I had some Tylenol and bandaids available. Oh and COFFEE!!! Printing a schedule kept us all on the same page. Prepare besamim in small bags for havdalla so all can sniff together.
It was really pleasant, We got great pictures before Shabbos as we were all together and a post Shabbos -post Havdalla picture really brought home the joy of the event.
We missed sharing the event with our neighbors but enjoyed to closeness of being together and not spread out over Shabbos.

Mazal Tov!! Enjoy.

Can you let us know how much this was and for how many people?

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:54 pm
75,000-120,000 depending on caterer flower choice hotel party planner etc

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:56 pm
75,000-120,000 depending on party planner caterer hotel and flower choice
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics