Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start a diet together with me?
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:33 pm
Today I had 2 coffees
Salad for lunch
Dinners was a small cauliflower crust pizza, scrambled eggs, and veggies.

I'm nervous about weighing myself tomorrow. I know that my weight will probably be higher because of my cycle. I'm trying to prepare myself and not get discouraged.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Today I had 2 coffees
Salad for lunch
Dinners was a small cauliflower crust pizza, scrambled eggs, and veggies.

I'm nervous about weighing myself tomorrow. I know that my weight will probably be higher because of my cycle. I'm trying to prepare myself and not get discouraged.

Don’t weigh yourself. Sincerely.

dena613

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:24 pm
I am concerned-not that some diets are unsustainable, but that they are unhealthy.
Eating one balanced meal per day isn't enough.

I think everyone could benefit from speaking to a Registered Dietician (not nutritionist!) , which many insurances cover if there's a medical need, or would benefit from an app called myfitnesspal which, after you input you height and weight, energy level, and the speed of weight loss you want, will calculate how many calories you need per day to do so.
I do not think it will go under 1200/day.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:35 pm
dena613 wrote:
I am concerned-not that some diets are unsustainable, but that they are unhealthy.

I think everyone could benefit from speaking to a Registered Dietician (not nutritionist!) , which many insurances cover if there's a medical need, or would benefit from an app called myfitnesspal which, after you input you height and weight, energy level, and the speed of weight loss you want, will calculate how many calories you need per day to do so.

Who here is only eating one balanced meal a day? (Ok, one post showed that, it's been discussed ad nauseam. Enough)
Who here is eating fewer than 1200 calories a day?
Seriously, the criticism is not valid and not helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:44 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Who here is only eating one balanced meal a day? (Ok, one post showed that, it's been discussed ad nauseam. Enough)
Who here is eating fewer than 1200 calories a day?
Seriously, the criticism is not valid and not helpful.

Let’s just ignore the criticism and keep going.

I finished eating not long ago and really don’t feel great about it. Hopefully a one time occasion which shouldn’t happen in another while. (Except chanuka 😬😬😬)
The first time since I started that I went past 6 o’clock.
No weighing tomorrow.
Do you want to weigh Sunday too or that won’t be far enough from your cycle?
It’s truly disappointing to weigh and not see results so don’t do it to yourself.
I’d rather skip a full week of weighing if I need to.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let’s just ignore the criticism and keep going.

I finished eating not long ago and really don’t feel great about it. Hopefully a one time occasion which shouldn’t happen in another while. (Except chanuka 😬😬😬)
The first time since I started that I went past 6 o’clock.
No weighing tomorrow.
Do you want to weigh Sunday too or that won’t be far enough from your cycle?
It’s truly disappointing to weigh and not see results so don’t do it to yourself.
I’d rather skip a full week of weighing if I need to.

Yes, I think I'm going to weigh on Sunday instead.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:48 pm
hey is it too late to join ? im 33 weeks pregnant had a huge baby last time (its my third) I really really need to be careful with what I eat,.. I dont really have such a big appetite but I make crazy choices and I think the support on this group would be a great help!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
hey is it too late to join ? im 33 weeks pregnant had a huge baby last time (its my third) I really really need to be careful with what I eat,.. I dont really have such a big appetite but I make crazy choices and I think the support on this group would be a great help!

Of course you can.
This thread has no rules.
Whatever diet works for you.
Feel free to post your menu daily if you’d like and your results! Good luck!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 9:35 pm
dena613 wrote:

Intermittent fasting is a legit thing. Many healthy people eat one meal a day. However, they eat WELL on that meal. I’m sorry to say that I’ve met only one dietician ever who gave me advice that I could use, and SHE had to defend herself against her college time and again. Be very careful that dieticians are t giving you information based on outdated evidence. In Canada, at least, they learn new things at the speed of glaciers.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 9:37 pm
dena613 wrote:

Also, my fitness pal does not give good advice. Be careful what you suggest.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 9:41 pm
I think 1,200 calories is way too little to eat.. a one year old needs 1,200 calories a day.
Would not recommmend my fitness pal.they give you too little calories, will lead to cheating and bingeing.
It is much more sustainable long term to make a 100-200 calories deficit.
Someone suggested your goal weight multiplied by 12 that sounded pretty doable.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I think 1,200 calories is way too little to eat.. a one year old needs 1,200 calories a day.
Would not recommmend my fitness pal.they give you too little calories, will lead to cheating and bingeing.
It is much more sustainable long term to make a 100-200 calories deficit.
Someone suggested your goal weight multiplied by 12 that sounded pretty doable.

While it is true that a deficit of less than 300 calories can trick your body, there is the problem that when you lose weight, your top number also goes down. 1-200 calories isn’t evough for long because weightloss is not linear. Anyways I agree that minimized caloric deficit works better than huge deficit for various reasons.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:30 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Intermittent fasting is a legit thing. Many healthy people eat one meal a day. However, they eat WELL on that meal. I’m sorry to say that I’ve met only one dietician ever who gave me advice that I could use, and SHE had to defend herself against her college time and again. Be very careful that dieticians are t giving you information based on outdated evidence. In Canada, at least, they learn new things at the speed of glaciers.

Can you explain how that would work?
I just started intermittent fasting. I fast for 16 hours but eat regularly the other 8.
Do some people fast for even more hours and eat just one huge meal per day?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 5:35 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Hi khaki! Welcome!
I'm also pg BH and joined this thread for the same reason - I want to make better food choices, and this really helped! Knowing I will have to publicly post what I ate really stops me from cheating (I'm doing no white flour/sugar.) I feel like I eat so much compared to some other mamas here TMI but everyone knows themselves best.

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 5:40 am
Thursday
Bkfst: tea, raisin bran, coffee
Snack: yogurt, spinach smoothie
Lunch: 2 ww grilled cheese, tomato soup
Snack: pear
Supper: falafel, French fries
Treat of the day: white pita in falafel

Not the healthiest supper, but it was a really hard night with the kids, and I ordered the healthiest thing in the pizza store.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 8:19 am
Anyone got results today?

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
inspired by you I started intermittent fasting 2 days ago and lost almost a whole pound!

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm 5 mos pregnant - will gain no matter what....
Any ideas of how to measure progress?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 10:58 am
Friday:
Bkfst: herbal tea, cereal and milk, coffee
Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, cucumber
Fri afternoon: salad with some tuna
Treat of the day: 1 scoop ice cream - best decison ever Smile

My plan for shabbos:
Fri night: 1 pc challa with dip, chicken soup, roasted veggies
Shabbos day:
Breakfast: Yogurt with frozen cherries
Lunch: 1 pc challa with dip, cholent, salad
Snack: fruit (probably grapefruit and/or pear)
Shalosh seudos: ww matza with dip, tuna and/or egg salad
Motzei shabbos: tuna melt
Treat of the day: Dessert shabbos lunch

Have a wonderful shabbos everyone!! You can do it!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 21 2021, 7:02 am
My weight today is same as last Sunday!
Too early to start plateauing. Can't Believe It
I should probably be stricter about my menu during the eating hours!
Page 11 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise