Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to start a diet together with me?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 15  16  17  Next

Motherhood

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How many calories do you eat per day? Who decides what’s the right amount?

Your goal weight multiplied by 12. So if you want to weigh 120 (like me) that would be 1,440 calories. (120x12=1440)
I added another few hundred because I’m breastfeeding but I usually don’t use more than 1400

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 7:29 pm
I have my fitness pal. You put in your weight and it tells you how much calories you can eat. It really helps me focus.

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 9:47 pm
I've been doing WFPB vegan no oil diet for a few months. The weight loss has been slow but steady. (Usually I lose fast the first 3 weeks then plateau endlessly). This is also the first diet I've been on where I can eat normal portions of unrefined carbs. Giving up oil was an adjustment for sure, but I'm not feeling deprived. Trying to add more exercise now. Need to lose 50-ish lbs.

ETA:
What's the hug for? Being fat? Or disapproval of my diet?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 06 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I've been doing WFPB vegan no oil diet for a few months. The weight loss has been slow but steady. (Usually I lose fast the first 3 weeks then plateau endlessly). This is also the first diet I've been on where I can eat normal portions of unrefined carbs. Giving up oil was an adjustment for sure, but I'm not feeling deprived. Trying to add more exercise now. Need to lose 50-ish lbs.

ETA:
What's the hug for? Being fat? Or disapproval of my diet?

No idea why the hug...
What does WFPB stand for?

torquoise

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 1:56 am
I found this article so helpful. How to use your Shabbos food to make healthy lunches for yourself through the week.
https://betweencarpools.com/th.....unch/
Even if I don't follow the menu exactly (dh/kids might get to the leftovers before me) it has good ideas for protein.

torquoise

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:07 am
Anyone who does no white sugar, what are your rules/guidelines about small amounts of sugar in store bought foods?
I was looking at the ingredients for some of the healthy foods I'm hoping to start eating, but they all have sugar!
Greek yogurt (I can't stand plain, even with sweet n low)
Raisin bran

And homemade too:
Whole wheat sourdough bread (has honey)
My homemade salad dressing
Healthy banana muffins (my grab n go staple) has sugar and chocolate chips. Tastes like cardboard without it

Do you really cut out ALL white sugar? I don't know if I can turn over the entire food supply in my house. Life is overwhelming enough already with almost no time for cooking/food prep.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:12 am
Can you please post recipes you did so we can all stay on track?

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 4:29 am
torquoise wrote:
Anyone who does no white sugar, what are your rules/guidelines about small amounts of sugar in store bought foods?
I was looking at the ingredients for some of the healthy foods I'm hoping to start eating, but they all have sugar!
Raisin bran

And homemade too:
Healthy banana muffins (my grab n go staple) has sugar and chocolate chips. Tastes like cardboard without it

Do you really cut out ALL white sugar? I don't know if I can turn over the entire food supply in my house. Life is overwhelming enough already with almost no time for cooking/food prep.

Have you tried whole milk greek yogurt? Or any whole milk unsweetened yogurt? It taste much better than the low fat kind. I usually sweeten with a few blueberries or other low sugar fruit.

Regarding raisin bran, you can get unsweetened bran flakes and add your own raisins. Much healthier than the ready made version.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 4:39 am
torquoise wrote:
Raisin bran

And homemade too:

I did 30 days with no sugar whatsoever. First two or three weeks are hard, but then you stop craving.
I did start incorporating sugar into my diet after that, but only raw, dark brown sugar or maple sirup.

Most store bought food is out, as there is sugar literally everywhere.
As for your muffins, you can use 80% dark chocolate and use maple sirup instead of white sugar. Same goes for your salad dressing.
Yogurt is not a healthy food, its full of sugar.
If you like overnight oats, then you can soak a cup of oats in almond/oat/rice milk overnight. In the morning you can add half a cup of whatever fresh fruit you like. If you need it for sweetnes you can add two Tsp of sweetened yogurt. Delish!

BrachaBatya

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:06 am
I always have the best weight loss success, and the best overall health improvements, when I go as plant based, unprocessed as possible. So, whole food plant based (WFPB), no oil, little to no processed foods. No flour/sugar.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:29 am
Just started OA - anyone done this/want to join?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:35 am
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
I'm in. I started and I lost several pounds but I had a few setbacks and gained a little back. Not too bad, I guess, but disheartening. I really could use the support. I have 35-45 lbs to lose.

I've been doing keto/intermittent fasting. It's the only diet that keeps me feeling satiated and I feel like I have much more energy.

My problem usually is that *something* usually happens and throws me off and I don't have time to shop properly, or cook properly, and I go back to eating garbage and junk and have a hard time no getting back on track.

I hope having support and accountability will help!

Here’s a solution for ‘something’. Intermittent fast until you can get to the right food.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:37 am
torquoise wrote:
Raisin bran

And homemade too:

I cut out all sugar and don’t eat processed commercial food at all.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No idea why the hug...
What does WFPB stand for?

Whole foods plant based. Basically a vegan diet but focused on real, unprocessed food. Veggies, fruits, whole grains, some seeds and nuts, beans. Not packaged vegan cookies, sauces, fake meat substitutes, etc.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:45 am
I’d like to join. I’d like to lose 25-35 and keep it off.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:51 am
andrea levy wrote:
Here’s a solution for ‘something’. Intermittent fast until you can get to the right food.

Sometimes it can be a week before I can get to a store. BH my schedule is better now so getting to the grocery store is a little easier now. Or I get sick and am struggling to even feed my family and making something else for myself is not an option.

I admit I am picky, and when I don't have my go to food options, I have a hard time eating right. Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:57 am
Starting weight 193.8
Goal 50 lbs.
First goal 25 lbs.
Starting intermittent fasting today. Want to eat between 10-6 only.
Starting with a coffee at 10.
Let’s hear your weights and goals!
I will try not to weigh until Friday.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:16 am
Weight a year ago: 176
Weight now: 135.5
Goal: 119

I am in Europe, so I'll state what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup low (dark brown) sugar granola mix with 1/2 cup oat milk.

Lunch: Wholwheat roll with egg salad and vegetables. And a yogurt for desert (very rare treat). This made me very full, so I'll have a very light supper consisting of an egg with onion and vegetables and maybe a tangerine.

I usually have snacks, but on Sundays I am always still full from shabes, so I eat less.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:23 am
I'd like to join. I gained 40 lbs when pregnant, went on a few extreme diets and then binged and gained back. My baby is one and after all those attempts I weigh exactly as much as I did right after birth.

I struggle with the restrict/shame/binge cycle. My goal is to eat healthy 90% of the time and enjoy occassions the rest of the time. The yo yo ing us really bad for me. I want to add in exercise as well. Proteins, produce, yes dairy, some whole grains. Sugar or processed foods as treats.

This week is my big birthday 40!!! and I will be having lots of celebrations. I don't want to remember these occassions as not enjoying myself because I was yet again on a diet. I'm working really hard on lifestyle. But I also don't want to start joining next week. I will weigh on Friday as well.

Starting weight 185
First goal is 150
Ultimate goal 130-140

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 12:07 pm
Starting weight: 195 lbs
First Goal: 165 lbs
Untimate Goal: 155 lbs

I have been trying to lose these 40 (really 50, but I am being realistic) lbs for a few years already. My baby is almost 4. I have been succesful in losing 25 lbs a while ago, but gained it back. It was a realistic diet, but I just cannot be cooking all day, and I totally was. I feel that getting on a roll until the cravings stop is the hardest. I don't think I am not ready to start this week, but I will try to be more conscious of my food choices at least.

Looking forward to sharing in all of your successes!
Page 3 of 17   Previous  1  2  3  4 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise