Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Can you recommend fantastic OB in lkwd
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:40 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
How busy is her office? Is it hard to get an appointment? Do you have to wait long at the appointment?

It’sa full practice. My experience 1.5 years ago was that if you have a morning appt the wait time is minimal. Later morning and Afternoons forget it, very long wait. But I was very happy there.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 12:10 am
I would recommend tals office also. I had multiple babies with them, my smoothest births were with Dr roman...they are very knowledgeable and supportive, deliver in Monmouth. I have had only good experiences.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 2:55 am
I used Sunrise for 2 births. I was pretty happy there (liked Dr. Belkin best).
Switched to Dr. Surowitz. I had fabulous experience BH. Every single practitioner was very kind, and they gave me as much time as I wanted to ask all my questions. Very patient, treated me like a real person, not just a patient.
As far as wait time, I usually went midday. Wait wasn't terrible- usually averaged, I would guess, 10 min? (There was one time I waited like an hour, but that was because the midwife I was waiting for was suddenly called to attend a birth in the birthing center.) I've heard that the first appointment after their lunch break is seen the quickest. And of course, if you specifically want to see Dr. Surowitz herself, you'll have a longer wait for an appointment, and then at the actual appointment.

And their new birthing center is a beautiful option, if that's your type. (They deliver in Monmouth too.)

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 7:09 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
It’sa full practice. My experience 1.5 years ago was that if you have a morning appt the wait time is minimal. Later morning and Afternoons forget it, very long wait. But I was very happy there.

Thanks. And copper thanks for your information also.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Very happy by west Long Branch. Used RWJ by my first but switched to WLB for next 2 and plan to use iyh for future

Another vote for WLB. used them for all 4 of my pregnancies. Had a different dr by each and they are all great.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 12:01 pm
Dr Belkin from sunrise was very hands on when I used her practice, but that was 8 years ago.
Idk if things changed.
Abdelhak completely dismissed a serious concern I had that ended up being very dangerous.

mommy201

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 12:16 pm
I used west long branch for 1st 3, now I’m by rwj and really happy with them! Would def recommend if you can get in.
I had some issues with staff and doctors by WLB but not on the quality of doctors - they’re good. I know other ppl that had similar issues as me over there but it’s possible that they’ve since changed. Been out of there over 4 years already

chanasmom

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 3:07 pm
My daughter used Dr Segal, and private paid.it was her first baby and the first doctor she used was awful, she needed to switch ASAP so it made sense. For her second she tried someone else and wasn’t happy. I think once you use Dr Segal it’s hard to go back!

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Dr Belkin from sunrise was very hands on when I used her practice, but that was 8 years ago.
Idk if things changed.
Abdelhak completely dismissed a serious concern I had that ended up being very dangerous.

I'm seriously considering switching to abdelek, care to elaborate? I thought he was top.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:11 pm
chanasmom wrote:
My daughter used Dr Segal, and private paid.it was her first baby and the first doctor she used was awful, she needed to switch ASAP so it made sense. For her second she tried someone else and wasn’t happy. I think once you use Dr Segal it’s hard to go back!

I heard dr segals practice is very prone to csections. Can any speak for or against that? Desperate to switch dr need Info please.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:14 pm
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
I heard dr segals practice is very prone to csections. Can any speak for or against that? Desperate to switch dr need Info please.

I had my second with them, my first was a c-section (elsewhere) so I was hoping for a vbac. I ended up needing to be induced at 37 weeks which made my worried my vbac won't happen. But the doctors were super supportive and said they will get me my natural birth. And bH I had it!

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:35 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
I had my second with them, my first was a c-section (elsewhere) so I was hoping for a vbac. I ended up needing to be induced at 37 weeks which made my worried my vbac won't happen. But the doctors were super supportive and said they will get me my natural birth. And bH I had it!

Thank you, happy to hear! Do you know which insurances they accept?

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Thank you, happy to hear! Do you know which insurances they accept?

I don't know specifically, I just know they only take private insurance. I have emblem health

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:38 pm
I found rwj practice to be overly cautious. Very quick to do testing and sonograms. Treated the age, not the patient, which wasn't for me. Some ppl love that they do lots of testing. Oh as a side note, I realized how their charges were a lot compared to where I switched to, I think my sono appt was $750 cuz they said they must do two types of sonos. Turned me off. Depending on your insurance, this might be relevant to you.
Again, though they weren't for me, lots of women love the practice.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
I found rwj practice to be overly cautious. Very quick to do testing and sonograms. Treated the age, not the patient, which wasn't for me. Some ppl love that they do lots of testing. Oh as a side note, I realized how their charges were a lot compared to where I switched to, I think my sono appt was $750 cuz they said they must do two types of sonos. Turned me off. Depending on your insurance, this might be relevant to you.

I'm not young and definitely want a caring group but not alarmist. I used abdelik but I think he will be too costly and don't know where to turn. I really need high risk but need that natural touch. I don't have insurance and would try to get whatever Dr takes. Just can't seem to find a dr that sounds great...I would travel anywhere in nj.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:22 pm
OOC, why don't you get insurance now? It's open enrollment, you can cancel after the baby is born if you want.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:31 pm
I would get insurance problem is abdelek doesn't take insurance. So I need to figure out a dr and then get insurance based on what that Dr takes.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 12:25 am
Re rwj being quick to do csections - I had 7 kids with them. My feeling is more that they don’t want to take risks if the risk can be avoided with a csection, whereas others may be willing to take the risk. They always did take the matter very seriously and we’re not just “quick” to csection.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:00 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

Same. It's why I switched out. They were so overly cautious all pregnancy and it really bothered me. My previous midwife group was cautious because of a small hiccup and didn't make me feel like it was a big deal, but took care of it properly. With Dr. Segal I felt like they make everything into a bigger deal than it is. For high risk, that's great. I didn't appreciate feeling higher risk than I am because I am low risk and young.

mom!

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:50 am
I found that whenever RWJ was overly cautious, they were correct. Dr. Segal is truly one of a kind.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries