Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Urgent: need advice re: cleaning lady
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

momsrus

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:46 pm
schmoois1 wrote:
This happened to me a few years ago; a cleaning lady had stolen business checks (home-based business also )
And I had no clue…they were later in the checkbook….
She waited a couple of YEARS before writing a check for $400 to test the waters, so to speak.
BH we caught it…
You can’t imagine the hassle we went through. The hassle of having to change the bank account, etc.
Start now….
It took me a long time to get over that feeling of violation.
Now I have cameras everywhere.

A business account must have positive pay on it.

octopus

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:53 pm
A few months ago I left my wallet at a dr.'s office. You better believe I was super happy they opened my wallet and gave me a call that I left it. Op said she has a home business and she saw someone left a purse. It didn't dawn on her it was her cleaning help's purse.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:57 pm
octopus wrote:
A few months ago I left my wallet at a dr.'s office. You better believe I was super happy they opened my wallet and gave me a call that I left it. Op said she has a home business and she saw someone left a purse. It didn't dawn on her it was her cleaning help's purse.

Why not? It would occur to me.

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:00 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Why not? It would occur to me.

She said her cleaning help never left her belongings around. The obvious conclusion is that it was left inadvertently by a client.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:06 pm
OP please check your jewelry to make sure nothing is missing and hide it all until she goes. I would also be VERY wary about this replacement she found for you.

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:09 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Yes.

Editing to add: There is a legal concept called "Expectation of Privacy" and that was broken here. I doubt you could even sue her because the evidence is fruit from the poisonous tree. So THAT is why Shomrim wants to wait to see if she uses those checks. Because what they have now would be thrown out of court.

In which world do people not open lost purses to find some sort of identity? This is a stretch come on.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
In which world do people not open lost purses to find some sort of identity? This is a stretch come on.

If you find it on a park bench, no expectation of privacy. If you find it in your home where there are other people who work there, privacy.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:26 pm
Glad you did open it Op!

exaustedmom

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:31 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
If you find it on a park bench, no expectation of privacy. If you find it in your home where there are other people who work there, privacy.

She found it in "her" home. She opened it to find out who it belonged to so that she can return it. Your view is very very bizarre.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:32 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
She found it in "her" home. She opened it to find out who it belonged to so that she can return it. Your view is very very bizarre.

No, my view takes into account the legal weight of opening the purse.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:43 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
No, my view takes into account the legal weight of opening the purse.

Omg! Can’t believe ur still going at this.

What exactly are u trying to accomplish here? It’s pretty obvious not a single person seems to share the same view as you...

I feel like your very determined to see it as something other than a huge hashgacha story.

If you wouldn’t have written your an editor I would have thought you were law enforcement the way u keep going and it and going at it.. gosh...

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Omg! Can’t believe ur still going at this.

What exactly are u trying to accomplish here? It’s pretty obvious not a single person seems to share the same view as you...

I feel like your very determined to see it as something other than a huge hashgacha story.

If you wouldn’t have written your an editor I would have thought you were law enforcement the way u keep going and it and going at it.. gosh...

I am only going "at it" because people keep asking me questions.

Have a good shabbos

Mindfully

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:47 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Please make sure your jewelry, cash …. Other small valuables are where they belong before she leaves. She may put some more stuff in her bag over the day if you’re not extra careful.

(Or hide it somewhere and take at the last second before she leaves)

Shomrim in bp I heard has a whole list of places where they’ve found things hidden.
Please

In the outgoing garbage bag! I always check my help leaves the bags in the bin outside and doesn't by mistake take it in the taxi when she leaves

Mindfully

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
OP please check your jewelry to make sure nothing is missing and hide it all until she goes. I would also be VERY wary about this replacement she found for you.

check your linen closet
Check your toy box
Check your kitchen cabinets
Check your freezer! I heard of a cleaner stealing frozen chickens, bagging them and taking them to the garbage but instead taking them and tuna cans home with her.

sky

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 2:59 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

So if someone has a store or business they have no right to look inside a purse left behind.

Op clearly said
1.she has a business
2. Her cleaning lady has never left a purse n that area in all the many years she worked there so she wasn’t expecting it.
3. She had reason to believe it was left behind by a client.

How is a purse in a place of business different then on a park bench.

If a client left behind a purse wouldn’t she be grateful she looked inside snd found her?

schmoois1

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:13 pm
momsrus wrote:
A business account must have positive pay on it.

What does that mean?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:18 pm
Nope not law enforcement they would think you were smart and lucky op.

momsrus

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:25 pm
schmoois1 wrote:
What does that mean?

Every check from your account needs to first be entered in your online banking with all details in order for the check to clear.

I got burned years ago. It’s very easy for anyone to recreate a check with your checking account number. A blank check from your account is not needed. They just need the account number and can recreate it.

momsrus

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:26 pm
sky wrote:
So if someone has a store or business they have no right to look inside a purse left behind.

Op clearly said
1.she has a business
2. Her cleaning lady has never left a purse n that area in all the many years she worked there so she wasn’t expecting it.
3. She had reason to believe it was left behind by a client.

How is a purse in a place of business different then on a park bench.

If a client left behind a purse wouldn’t she be grateful she looked inside snd found her?

She’s playing devils advocate. Not looking for reason.

Purple2

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:28 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
We live in a country of laws and we need to follow them.

We’re also a religion of laws. Our religion says there’s a mitzvahs Asei of hashavas aveida. There are actual laws that say you should look for identification and not just ignore a lost object.
If you follow the Torah, which I assume you do if your on a frum site, then that’s what you do.
Btw, if I asked a cop, I’m sure he’d say she did the right thing, so even by “non Jewish “ law, your completely off
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics