Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Know of a cleaning lady for me for 1 hour per week?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! You worded that pretty disgusting.
Do you realize I’m a person behind this post?

Do you realize the cleaning ladies are people?
You do t sound like it.
No one is being selfish for not sharing their help. Why are you more entitled then them?
You also sound like someone who never had help so will work your help like a slave. One hour is not enough time to do what you want.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:23 pm
[duplicate

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:40 pm
I’m not from Lakewood
In Lakewood does it exist a cleaning service you can call

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:41 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
I’m not from Lakewood
In Lakewood does it exist a cleaning service you can call

For sure. But a cleaning service will charge more than the going rate for a cleaning lady.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 4:58 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
Do you realize the cleaning ladies are people?
You do t sound like it.
No one is being selfish for not sharing their help. Why are you more entitled then them?
You also sound like someone who never had help so will work your help like a slave. One hour is not enough time to do what you want.

Actually had help and then moved.. now is when I have an issue finding help Thumbs Up

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:01 pm
Amarante wrote:
As others have posted, no one is going to come for one hour. Perhaps you can hire a neighborhood teen to do it.

You would have better luck having someone come for more hours every other week or even every three weeks.

Why wouid a cleaning lady want to shlep to a home where they are expected to do the hardest most unpleasant jobs in a short period of time.

Labor costs are going up everywhere and if you want a worker, whether it is for a restaurant or as a cleaning lady, you need to pay the going rate. There was recently a thread in which the equities of thinking one is owed cheap labor were discussed.

I would suspect that those who are paying the current going rate and treat their hired help respectfully have no trouble finding quality help. Those who view them as somehow not entitled to a living wage for whatever reason will have trouble finding help and will be probably wind up cycling through numerous cleaning help who leave at the first opportunity for someone who is willing to pay for high quality reliable help.

ETA And not singling out imamother Hunter, but no reliable cleaning lady is going to want to be expected to clean a house with four bathrooms and many rooms coming in a few hours once a week. That is considered to be a full day or even a twice weekly job by most people. Of course your cleaning ladies are fleeing at the first opportunity because someone with a smaller home will use them for the same number of hours and the work is easier. Why do people think cleaning ladies are not smart enough to want the best jobs they can find. It doesn’t mean they are sneaky or lazy but just that they are normal employees.

I very much agree with this.

Bli Ayin hora have my lady now for almost 5 years. She started off in my basement and then came to work for me in my house.
We treat her with utmost respect like any other human being. She’s almost part of the family and I only have her 7 hours a week at this point.
I never give her any issues when she takes off. Try to always be generous with her and gift her randomly when I know she’s working so hard. Just like I would appreciate the same from my boss.

She feels it and performs on her own so much better. She enjoys coming to me and has told me so many times. I had a bit of an emergency this week and she texted me to tell me that if I need her thanksgiving she’ll come because she knows that I may need extra help.

I once sent her to a friend who begged me to give her and she had extra hours. She was treated so rudely and humiliated there. She never went back again and I never ever ask her to go anywhere ever again.

I grew up with a housekeeper that was part of our family. She was treated respectfully and was with us until all of us got married and then she was older already and my parents didn’t need as much help.

It’s so unfortunate that people won’t treat hired help right, and then these are the same people crying every day on the neighborhood chat that they NEED a cleaning lady.
I’m not saying OP is one of those, but picture if you were treated that way at your job, would you go back?? Or would you perform really well when you were shown appreciation for your work and compensated accordingly.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:07 pm
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
For sure. But a cleaning service will charge more than the going rate for a cleaning lady.

Also they won’t come for an hour. The smallest I’ve seen is minimum 3 hours for $26/hr.
The only exception is when they send like 5 ladies at once, you pay over $100 and they are there for an hour. But I don’t think that’s what Op wants Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Also they won’t come for an hour. The smallest I’ve seen is minimum 3 hours for $26/hr.
The only exception is when they send like 5 ladies at once, you pay over $100 and they are there for an hour. But I don’t think that’s what Op wants Smile

Correct. Although I believe that is my only choice at this point… agency or nothing Banging head
Or have my husband continue doing it for me nebach…

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Correct. Although I believe that is my only choice at this point… agency or nothing Banging head

Why shouldn't your husband do it? He lives there. I have never had cleaning help and that's because my husband cleans the bathrooms every week.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Hmm maybe I should look into it. We don't have a cleaning lady and my place could use a deep clean sometimes.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
No one is coming to your apartment for just one hour.
Can’t stand it when people talk about cleaning ladies like this anyways. Clean your own bathrooms.
(From a Lakewood woman who respects her cleaning lady , gives her a good lunch and knows that she earns every penny she gets.)

Sorry I find this post unhelpful. And lacking sensitivity.
I can't stand when posters talk that way to other posters.

I was in OP's shoes not so long ago.
I wished for a cleaning lady for even just 1 hour a week.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
Why shouldn't your husband do it? He lives there. I have never had cleaning help and that's because my husband cleans the bathrooms every week.

I also have bathrooms to wash and would love for the cleaning lady to do it.
So OP feels bad for her husband who does it.

It's very nice to have a husband helping around the house. You don't even seem to appreciate it. From your post it seems like you expect it of him.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:49 pm
Hmm maybe I should look into it. We don't have a cleaning lady and my place could use a deep clean sometimes.

Services are good if you want someone to do an occasional job.

The downside is that you have to tel them exactly what needs to be done. My cleaning lady knows where everything is. Probably better than I do so she just does her thing and I will just let her know if I want something done that isn’t done all the time like cleaning the interior of the refrigerator. But she knows where to put everything away and will tell me that I am running low on various cleaning supplies.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:53 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:

It's very nice to have a husband helping around the house. You don't even seem to appreciate it. From your post it seems like you expect it of him.

And why not? A husband also uses the bathroom. Are woman’s hands made especially for scrubbing better than male hands?

It is just like being grateful that a husband “babysits”. A parent of either gender doesn’t babysit. They provide parenting to their children.

People should be appreciative of spouses being partners f put there really isn’t anything that is gender exclusive except nursing and giving birth. Very Happy If a husband has a less stringent work schedule, he should be picking up more of the household duties.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know. I am having a hard time already.
Since when did we give these ladies such a sense of entitlement?? Their getting paid fortunes to do minimal cleaning. Can’t dare ask them to do something that a drop too demanding or you risk having them go to your neighbor instead chas vishalom.
Plus you gotta give them lunch - a better lunch than u prepare for your own self.
And the list goes on … but I’m getting side tracked here. FIRST GET ME A CLEANING LADY and then I’ll continue my rant on how entitled they are

Yikes! I would never give you the contact info for any cleaning lady I’ve ever had!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is such a strange statement. Is it nebach that I wash my husband's dirty underwear and socks? That I touch everyone's dirty used plates and forks to wash them? That I do acrobatics to change linen? It's part of life. Not a nebach.

If he is ok to do it, let him do it. My husband does. We don't have cleaning help.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 5:57 pm

My husband doesn't want to have regular cleaning help. He's uncomfortable with having someone go through our house every week. So the deal is that he does the bathrooms. I appreciate it but I also expect it from him. Two things can be true.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:00 pm
Amarante wrote:
Services are good if you want someone to do an occasional job.

The downside is that you have to tel them exactly what needs to be done. My cleaning lady knows where everything is. Probably better than I do so she just does her thing and I will just let her know if I want something done that isn’t done all the time like cleaning the interior of the refrigerator. But she knows where to put everything away and will tell me that I am running low on various cleaning supplies.
I wouldn't want them to declutter. More like scrubbing the whole house down well. So they wouldn't need to know where anything goes. I guess I'd need to prepare a list of exactly what I want done. Might just be easier to do it myself.

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 6:14 pm
I wouldn't want them to declutter. More like scrubbing the whole house down well. So they wouldn't need to know where anything goes. I guess I'd need to prepare a list of exactly what I want done. Might just be easier to do it myself.

It definitely isn't easier to do it yourself.

However, you have to be home and tell them exactly what you want done in the house and show them where everything is although many of the agencies bring their own cleaning supplies because they don't know whether a home will have what they will need.

I used them to get my parents' home ready to be sold after they moved out.

With my regular cleaning lady, for example, she does the laundry and makes the beds so she knows where linen is and where clothing is put away. A service doesn't ordinarily do laundry and if you want them to make your beds, you would have to show them exactly what to use.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 24 2021, 4:39 am
Sorry I find this post unhelpful. And lacking sensitivity.
I can't stand when posters talk that way to other posters.

I was in OP's shoes not so long ago.
I wished for a cleaning lady for even just 1 hour a week.

Ty!! Gosh, at least one woman can understand that there’s humans behind these posts
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries