Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
List of people who got covid recently despite vaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:43 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Let's keep calling them "breakthrough" cases like these are exceptions to the rule. 🙄

They ARE the exception to the rule.

The refusal of covid vaccine opponents to accept facts doesn't change those facts.

Booster at least 80% effective against severe omicron. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59696499

Pfizer and Moderna both 90% effective against symptomatic omicron https://www.pbs.org/newshour/h.....icron

Before omicron, the efficacy against infection was between 75% and 90%.

rmbg

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:48 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What is the point of this thread?
No one thinks the vaccine prevents covid 100% of the time.
It lessens the severity.
Don't take it if you don't want to.

Can you please explain how you can know this? I had Covid and it was mild. All my friends and family had mild covid. And none of us are vaccinated. Why would someone think they would have severe covid and might be hospitalized if not for the vaccine? People keep saying this and I just don’t get it.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

The refusal of covid vaccine opponents to accept facts doesn't change those facts.

Booster at least 80% effective against severe omicron. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59696499

Pfizer and Moderna both 90% effective against symptomatic omicron https://www.pbs.org/newshour/h.....icron

It says straight from one of these articles that

"The modelling, from the team at Imperial College London, is based on limited information on Omicron.

The researchers say there is a high degree of uncertainty until more real-world information is gathered about this new variant that is spreading quickly."

We really don't know for sure how effective the vaccine is. And it definitely doesn't seem so effective when in the real world many many vaccinated people are getting covid.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:57 pm
rmbg wrote:
Can you please explain how you can know this? I had Covid and it was mild. All my friends and family had mild covid. And none of us are vaccinated. Why would someone think they would have severe covid and might be hospitalized if not for the vaccine? People keep saying this and I just don’t get it.

Of course.

We look at the incidence of covid in the respective populations. So if there are 10,000 vaccinated, and 1000 unvaccinated, and 10 people in each group contract covid, we know that the vaccine is effective based on the lower INCIDENCE, even though the raw numbers are the same.

Then we look at the people infected. We look at the RATE of hospitalization x/1000 of each respective group, and the RATE of death in each group.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:58 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
It says straight from one of these articles that

"The modelling, from the team at Imperial College London, is based on limited information on Omicron.

The researchers say there is a high degree of uncertainty until more real-world information is gathered about this new variant that is spreading quickly."

We really don't know for sure how effective the vaccine is. And it definitely doesn't seem so effective when in the real world many many vaccinated people are getting covid.

We knew how effective it was BEFORE omicron.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:59 pm
Of the 5 kids I know for sure had covid in my family, either due to routine testing or antibody testing, only 1 was symptomatic. None of those 5 were vaccinated for covid.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:01 pm
rmbg wrote:

If you crunch the numbers, it is obvious.
I live in Quebec.
Population 8.5 million. Approximately 7.5 million vaccinated, 1 million unvaccinated (includes children under 5).
In the last 28 days, 68 vaccinated have been hospitalized and 105 unvaccinated have been hospitalized.
105 out of 1 million is way more than 68 out of 7.5 million.
The risk of being hospitalized is 14 times higher amongst the unvaccinated.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:02 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Of the 5 kids I know for sure had covid in my family, either due to routine testing or antibody testing, only 1 was symptomatic. None of those 5 were vaccinated for covid.

Your comment is tone deaft. Does the fact that your kids are fine mean that 5 million people worldwide, more than 800,000 in the US, didn't die? Please think about how that sounds.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:02 pm
Also many people who had covid never tested. Three of my kids had it but only one tested.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What is the point of this thread?
No one thinks the vaccine prevents covid 100% of the time.
It lessens the severity.
Don't take it if you don't want to.

No it doesn't. Covid lately is very mild for almost everyone, vaxxed or not.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Your comment is tone deaft. Does the fact that your kids are fine mean that 5 million people worldwide, more than 800,000 in the US, didn't die? Please think about how that sounds.

You don't seem to realize that covid has evolved. Most people now are getting omicron, which is much more mild. The 800,000 deaths were not from omicron.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

She is telling her experience. What is wrong with that? She didn't say anything about anyone else.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You don't seem to realize that covid has evolved. Most people now are getting omicron, which is much more mild. The 800,000 deaths were not from omicron.

About 1200 people a day are still dying of covid in the US.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
About 1200 people a day are still dying of covid in the US.

Not in the areas that were already hit hard in 2020

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Nope, that wasn't the context. There were a few posts written between what I was thinking I was responding to, but my family sample size which I know isn't scientifically valid is 80% asymptomatic for covid without a vaccine. So 90% at most (lower pre-omicron which is when my kids had it) of vaccinated isn't significantly higher.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:15 pm
If it makes you feel better, at the time the various children must have contracted covid, none were eligible for a vaccine at the time.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

SOW, I wonder why it's referred to as unvaccinated and not "unvaccinated and never had Covid". Because you and I both know that those that had Covid have proven to have greater immunity than those vaccinated, but this segment of the population is being ignored and told they are forced to vaccinate anyway.

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:23 pm
Everyone knows that getting the vaccines won’t prevent getting covid but will lessen the severity of covid.
There was a vaccinated woman that died of covid. Has she not been vaccinated it would have been way worse.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:12 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Of course.

We look at the incidence of covid in the respective populations. So if there are 10,000 vaccinated, and 1000 unvaccinated, and 10 people in each group contract covid, we know that the vaccine is effective based on the lower INCIDENCE, even though the raw numbers are the same.

Then we look at the people infected. We look at the RATE of hospitalization x/1000 of each respective group, and the RATE of death in each group.

Regarding infections, Ontario's 7 day moving average shows 4x as many fully vaccinated having covid than unvaxed. England shows 3x as many. DeSantis just said that the majority of ill covid patients in Florida seeking MAB treatment are fully vaxed.

So the official narrative that more unvaxed are getting infected with covid than vaxed, is disappearing.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Everyone knows that getting the vaccines won’t prevent getting covid but will lessen the severity of covid.
There was a vaccinated woman that died of covid. Has she not been vaccinated it would have been way worse.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics