Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Stroller on a budget
Previous  1  2  3  Next

smileyface:)

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:17 am
Mockingbird!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:44 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I think begin with what your needs are. You need a stroller that can work for a newborn (ideally with bassinet option), you want to push it on sidewalks (probably uneven), do you need it to fold small? Be lightweight? Are you flying with it and want it to fit in overhead lockers?
Unless you are doing a lot of travelling I wouldn't get a stroller such as the yoyo or nano. They are travel strollers and there are much better strollers for everyday walking.
If you are doing a lot of walking, I would recommend something with reasonable wheels. I personally have the city mini gt and love it. It folds really small and really easily. It can lie flat for a newborn (you can buy a bassinet for it, and attach car seat with adapters). The push is wonderful.

Good questions.
No plans to travel on an airplane any time soon.
No need to fold super tiny like overhead bins. But I would want to fit it in my sedan.
Uneven sidewalks are a thing here. Not cobblestones but still uneven.
Not super heavy as I am not super strong or tall.
I dont do a lot of walking but will have some- like Shabbos. Not daily like to the market or to drop my kids off at school.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:19 am
We used our yoyo with bassinet for last baby and have gotten years of use out of it, but honestly if I were to have another baby, I think the yoyo is a bit to flimsy for an infant.

I'd probably go with the Cybex. Not a fan of bugaboo.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:21 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
A used high end stroller is much better value. You can do a yoyo or joolz travel system for lightweight compact all in one. Used uppa baby is also great. You can even get a bassinet for it.

As someone who’s bought high end strollers new and some second hand I disagree. The second hand strollers are usually breaking down in some way. Better off cheaper and new.

snowflake1

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:46 am
I’ve been looking into the uppababy minu it has really good reviews and you can buy a bassinet
I’m just not sure I’m ready to buy another stroller
it is supposed to have very good suspension and wheel great even though it is small

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:55 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
I’ve been looking into the uppababy minu it has really good reviews and you can buy a bassinet
I’m just not sure I’m ready to buy another stroller
it is supposed to have very good suspension and wheel great even though it is small

Again, trying to find something on a budget. Uppababy is expensive.

gamanit

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:00 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....81165

Would this be an option? Also available in used like new for $157

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I did very well on ebay with a 2nd hand stroller. You check the year model and make sure to get one that's just a year or 2 old. Some people sell their carriages almost brand new.

If you want a cheap new one, I just bought the comtours bitsy and am absolutely loving it.
https://m.albeebaby.com/contou......html
Wheels like a dream, one hand fold quick and easy, folds very compact.
It doesn't recline flat but is compatible with multiple brand carseats.
May not work for you but putting it out there for others that might want it. I really really enjoy it.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:04 pm
https://m.albeebaby.com/cybex-......html
This also looks great and is under $200.
I bought 2 strollers from albee baby and had a very good experience with both.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:05 pm
I saw the cybex on amazon... how big is it? Is it super heavy?

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw the cybex on amazon... how big is it? Is it super heavy?

The Cybex I have is the priam which is a full size model and pretty heavy.
The one I linked above is more lightweight. Read the reviews and the weight you'll get a better picture of what it is.
Was Amazon the same price as albee? I find Albee has really competitive pricing.

gamanit

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:14 pm
One thing to keep in mind is that smaller wheels make for a more compact fold but make stairs a lot harder. Bigger wheels are usually easier to push but will fold less flat. Important to keep your specific needs in mind when choosing a stroller.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:19 pm
gamanit wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that smaller wheels make for a more compact fold but make stairs a lot harder. Bigger wheels are usually easier to push but will fold less flat. Important to keep your specific needs in mind when choosing a stroller.

The contours bitsy that I have goes stairs very easily. I have outdoor concrete stairs with a lip and it bumps up smoothly.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
I did very well on ebay with a 2nd hand stroller. You check the year model and make sure to get one that's just a year or 2 old. Some people sell their carriages almost brand new.

If you want a cheap new one, I just bought the comtours bitsy and am absolutely loving it.
https://m.albeebaby.com/contou......html
Wheels like a dream, one hand fold quick and easy, folds very compact.
It doesn't recline flat but is compatible with multiple brand carseats.
May not work for you but putting it out there for others that might want it. I really really enjoy it.

is this comfortable for a 1 yr old?

I need a new stroller. I currently have a mama and papa and its way to clumsy.

I was told to get the PPAbabycruz or vista. but its expensive!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
https://m.albeebaby.com/cybex-eezy-s-twist-stroller-denim-lavastone-black.html
This also looks great and is under $200.
I bought 2 strollers from albee baby and had a very good experience with both.

Is that ok for an infant? The bassinet is extra too... And I cant use a cybex car seat as it is too big for my car.

Do you use this stroller? Anyone like it?

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:22 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
is this comfortable for a 1 yr old?

I need a new stroller. I currently have a mama and papa and its way to clumsy.

I was told to get the PPAbabycruz or vista. but its expensive!

I use it for my 15 month old and it seems very comfortable. She's always happy in it. I love that I can wheel it with just one hand. It's really smooth.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is that ok for an infant? The bassinet is extra too... And I cant use a cybex car seat as it is too big for my car.

Do you use this stroller? Anyone like it?

I don't have the ez twist so can't tell you details. Read reviews on it.
It just seemed pretty and a good price. And I like my full size from Cybex so I figured this might be good too.

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 4:01 pm
Not sure what it's called, but I used and evenflo with a bassinet that turns into a normal toddler seat. It was quite difficult to turn. I didn't really find it so hard when I was used to it, but anyone else who tried it noticed. And when I switched to a city select, I definitely noticed the improvement.

I don't have any way to know if this was a damaged stroller, or they just aren't too good.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The Mockingbird is very similar to the UPPAbaby, with amazing reviews, at a way more affordable price point.

newinbp

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:03 pm
Baby jogger brand strollers are quite high quality and extremely durable, better than Graco brand. They are pretty mid-range price wise. The Citi mini gt, versa, select models all may work for you. The versa reclines almost flat for a newborn so u don't need a bassinet. Bshaa tova umutzlachat!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics