Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish move to Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 10:02 am
And there’s always parking 😉 😂

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 10:53 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
And there’s always parking 😉 😂

Well, you can move to lakewood for that..

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:26 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

Sorry but I lived most of my life in S.Fl. and I wouldn’t leave it except for EY

GLUE

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:28 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

There are plenty of places in Lakewood were there are no parking.
I know someone who sold her house and moved to a different part of town because no parking woes.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:14 pm
GLUE wrote:
There are plenty of places in Lakewood were there are no parking.
I know someone who sold her house and moved to a different part of town because no parking woes.

I live in a building
Vallet parks my car and brings up my groceries
The woes of living in S.FL.
😂

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:18 pm
amother Honey wrote:
You would first need a chassidish school and cheder in order for you not to change your lifestyle.

There is a newer school in NMB called the chedar they teitch in Yiddish, I think they currently only go up to first maybe second grade. I think it’s also only currently for boys no girls division

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 6:27 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
There is a newer school in NMB called the chedar they teitch in Yiddish, I think they currently only go up to first maybe second grade. I think it’s also only currently for boys no girls division

Interesting.

Seriously speaking., how many chassidish families do they actually have?

Anyone know?

When I say Chassidish, I don't mean shtreimel families, I mean families with the real chassidish Hashkafa, not just chassidish levush.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 10:20 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I live in S.Fl., most of my life
I’m not chassidush
So please ignore my question if it’s not relevant
Why did they choose places so far out.
Why not more central South Florida where you are no more than 1.5hrs away from NMB or even Boca
Like close to Hialeah, Doral, or Miami Gardens (the area not the street) where there is still land
to build
Lennar (a building company) is always building new communities with an easy commute to where JoeShmoe works.

Or are there incentives to building in EXTREME rural areas and are those incentives going to trickle down to the home owners

Which places are you referring to?

In addition to the already existing Tampa one, there are 2 communities being planned, both in central Florida.
One is in Glades County, 15 min from Okeechobee, the other side of Lake Okeechobee across WPB. (The property south of Buckhead Ridge) https://maps.app.goo.gl/xWSe5KbEy8xC192E7
That's less than 2 hrs from Orlando, WPB (1 hr 20 min), & boca (1 hr 40 min), and just over 2 hrs from NMB.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....99311
And yes glades County is very much interested in building their economy. Don't know about incentives.
The plan for jobs there is to have most jobs from within the community, some working remotely. There will also be income from vacationers. The shops there will probably be used by Okeechobee residents too as they don't have much there...

The other one will be a bit south of Orlando. Not much info out yet on this one.

I don't think it matters if it's far out because they will be building their own schools, shops and health center, and are not planning to commute for jobs except maybe to local town. (They will be sitting down with each family to make sure they have a plan and help out if needed.)

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 2:03 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
Interesting.

Seriously speaking., how many chassidish families do they actually have?

Anyone know?

When I say Chassidish, I don't mean shtreimel families, I mean families with the real chassidish Hashkafa, not just chassidish levush.

Probably none. They only have a tiny handful (like maybe 3...) that even wear the levush.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 2:04 am
amother Chocolate wrote:

It's in its first year. It doesn't currently go past Kindergarten and there are girls in the nursery because it is such a small school they needed girls to bulk up the numbers.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating