Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What do you wish Lakewood has?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:29 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
More babysitters, playgroups for all ages, day camps.
I wish registration for them wouldn't be isru chag succos and if you missed it your left scrambling.
I wish I didn't need to start shopping for the next season 5 months in advance because otherwise they sell out of sizes.

5 months in advance? Speechless
It doesn't seem like Lakewood. It seems like the former USSR to me.
Could you please elaborate on the shopping.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
More babysitters, playgroups for all ages, day camps.
I wish registration for them wouldn't be isru chag succos and if you missed it your left scrambling.
I wish I didn't need to start shopping for the next season 5 months in advance because otherwise they sell out of sizes.

I always shop a week or two before Yt and never had an issue ..

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:36 pm
keym wrote:
This is very true
Does anyone know why iscream kids didn't do well?

Liability insurance is alot of money, so is all the machinery. I think such a place has to be somewhere easily accessible to both frum and non Jewish people. Q pary room is a big hit and wear some of these places make money. And not many large lakewood family can afford it. Right now alot of the non jews are busy with covid so we will have to wait till covids over. But there are no such places anywhere. I think its a needed for jews and nonjews nearby

keym

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:39 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Liability insurance is alot of money, so is all the machinery. I think such a place has to be somewhere easily accessible to both frum and non Jewish people. Q pary room is a big hit and wear some of these places make money. And not many large lakewood family can afford it. Right now alot of the non jews are busy with covid so we will have to wait till covids over. But there are no such places anywhere. I think its a needed for jews and nonjews nearby

I specifically liked the kosher food situation. Pizza, ice cream. Made it more enjoyable than chuck e cheese.

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:42 pm
Ive never taken my kids to icecream kids.

They have affordable memberships to urbanair, used to be $10 a month, so we would go there or other places a little further out that was more nejoyable and bigger.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:42 pm
We need pizza stores, all stores for that matter to close later. Why can't hosiery stores close at 6? We need more drivers this whole carpool thing has got to stop. Vans for toddlers. Wish there was some kind of government funded after-school program for working mothers with transportation of course or through the school. And they should offer sewing lessons and art while we're at it too.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:44 pm
Affordable housing and reasonable drive times - hey, a girl can dream!

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:46 pm
Better doctors. Boutique pediatricians.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:47 pm
Groceries and other stores in Toms River

cupcake123

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:36 pm
Every time I went to ice cream kids it was BOMBED so I dont think a shortage of customers was the issue.
I loved ice cream kids but I have younger kids. I loved that they had food.

We need more QUALITY babysitters and daycares that are not chs

crema

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:38 pm
Parve restaurants that specialize for diabetics or other diets and have an all you can eat salad bar. A teichel and hat store and sell other accessories. A pet store that caters to bird lovers including feeding wild birds. A restaurant that has private comfy seating such a booths with partitions between the booths. A tea shop with English tea time for the ladies and guest speakers and music/singers just for ladies. Cleaning ladies that don't charge an arm and a leg lol!

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:41 pm
crema wrote:
Parve restaurants that specialize for diabetics or other diets and have an all you can eat salad bar. A teichel and hat store and sell other accessories. A pet store that caters to bird lovers including feeding wild birds. A restaurant that has private comfy seating such a booths with partitions between the booths. A tea shop with English tea time for the ladies and guest speakers and music/singers just for ladies. Cleaning ladies that don't charge an arm and a leg lol!

Theres an awesome bird store in point pleasant.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:45 pm
We need womens and children shoe stores in South lakewood/toms river area.

And a cleaning lady agency!!

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:48 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
We need womens and children shoe stores in South lakewood/toms river area.

And a cleaning lady agency!!

Multiple cleaning lady agencies have closed recently due to not being able to find ladies Sad it’s a real issue

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:56 pm
More ppl with smiles
Sorry I know I’m just a visitor but it’s depressing to never see any one smiling, NEVER.
A little more positive outlook in life would be nice.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:01 pm
A JCC with a pool baskball , good food and adequate supervision

For boys who arent AA bochurim who sleep in their hat and learn every minute, but are very good kids

Without such a place they hang out in a pizza place or Starbucks and meet all sorts of bad influences and girls who arent bad but feel neglected

Afterwhile these boys and girls turn bad
It breaks my heart to see this Sad

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:06 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
More ppl with smiles
Sorry I know I’m just a visitor but it’s depressing to never see any one smiling, NEVER.
A little more positive outlook in life would be nice.

Seriously what an obnoxious thing to say. And it’s just not true.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:09 pm
Basic caution and consideration from drivers so we don't see serious accidents so often.

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:14 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Seriously what an obnoxious thing to say. And it’s just not true.

Sorry but this is how I see it
I dont mean to be obnoxious

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:46 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
Sorry but this is how I see it
I dont mean to be obnoxious

Try an experiment for us: give a nice smile to 10 people tomorrow (best if you can catch someone not while they are harried) and see if they smile back.

Please report to us your findings.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries