Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Camp Renana Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 2:40 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
So I’ve sent my 2 girls to RENANA last summer and I’m sending back again.
It’s the most well run camp in Lakewood
Being that it’s a talent camp the kids are busy all day not eating slush like in the other camps…
I’ve sent to a few others…. The crowd is very nice mix of frum and torahdik from a variety of schools in lkwd. I know the director is selective with the clientele… that’s what attracts so many ppl… I know my kids will have a very wholesome summer!! We can’t wait for another amazing summer
P.S sounds like ppl are just insulted that they didn’t get in…

I sent last summer also and my daughter was very happy. But I wouldn't get carried away calling it a "talent camp". It's pretty much on par with the others, with some specialty activities (gym, art)

It certainly didn't bring out any specific talents, just being marketed that way. But it's a good camp like most of them!

snort

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 2:45 pm
Welcome to reality…

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
If your kid wasn't accepted to daycamp, would you feel good if someone said you were "just insulted" that you didn't get in.....?

(I think it's ridiculous that daycamps are doing social engineering already.....what next.)
I agree they’re trying to practice social engineering. Neranina is hard to get into but that’s because they’re huge and there’s genuinely no room. This camp is manufacturing exclusivity. They just started last year and they’re already maxed out? Give me a break. They’re advertising everywhere. As opposed to neranina which doesn’t advertise.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:24 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
So I’ve sent my 2 girls to RENANA last summer and I’m sending back again.
It’s the most well run camp in Lakewood
Being that it’s a talent camp the kids are busy all day not eating slush like in the other camps…
I’ve sent to a few others…. The crowd is very nice mix of frum and torahdik from a variety of schools in lkwd. I know the director is selective with the clientele… that’s what attracts so many ppl… I know my kids will have a very wholesome summer!! We can’t wait for another amazing summer
P.S sounds like ppl are just insulted that they didn’t get in…

Not all kids want to be learning stuff all summer. Some kids like to chill and eat slush. To each their own. It’s nice that your kids enjoyed their summer.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:26 pm
They have a smaller building and therefore can’t accommodate as many as neranina
And ppl don’t want to necessarily send to a huge operation where there’s no individuality
Ppl also like to keep within their comfort zone like u do and so many other ppl I know… get real …Y’all sound a lil out of touch with Lakewood.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:28 pm
Then enjoy your slush! Non productivity leads to a wide variety of issues…
Ppl appreciate a well planned out productive summer.
Glad there are camps that can suit everyone’s needs and wants

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
They have a smaller building and therefore can’t accommodate as many as neranina
And ppl don’t want to necessarily send to a huge operation where there’s no individuality
Ppl also like to keep within their comfort zone like u do and so many other ppl I know… get real …Y’all sound a lil out of touch with Lakewood.

If they’re trying to keep the camp small then why advertise? Neranina doesn’t. Something isn’t adding up.

keym

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:34 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Then enjoy your slush! Non productivity leads to a wide variety of issues…
Ppl appreciate a well planned out productive summer.
Glad there are camps that can suit everyone’s needs and wants

If you're comparing to Neranina, it's not fair to cast aspersions that Neranina just eats slush all day.
My daughter went to many camps and also went and worked in Neranina.
Yes they give out ice cream and slush. But they also have a wide variety of sports, workshops, crafts, and trips.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:36 pm
Cld be they advertised once but not more than that…they filled up in a cpl weeks
My neighbor tried getting in and they were full. I called the director on her behalf and they were genuinely full (not cuz of anything else)
u prob noticing their staff ads.
They don’t need to advertise.
They’re growing slowly on purpose. Very warm and all the staff know all the girls personally…
I was def able to see a diff bet renana and other camps

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:38 pm
Not saying that… I never sent to neranina
Every camp has their own something that makes them special. There’s a nice variety of camps in lkwd and theyre all good options

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 4:46 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

I have no beef here (my kids are all past the daycamp stage) but I wouldn't be interested in sending to a daycamp that only accepts certain types. Including condescending types, that insult those that didn't get in, but then insult them for being hurt....and tell them to get real.

Now I'll get real and say this isn't about camp Ranana, but about one particular parent who sends there.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 4:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have no beef here (my kids are all past the daycamp stage) but I wouldn't be interested in sending to a daycamp that only accepts certain types. Including condescending types, that insult those that didn't get in, but then insult them for being hurt....and tell them to get real.

Now I'll get real and say this isn't about camp Ranana, but about one particular parent who sends there.
I’m just confused at this point because either they were full sooner than they expected, or they are really only accepting from particular schools. If it’s the second then I find that sad, not because day camps are required to take from any school (I’m sure there are other camps that quietly only take a particular “type”) but because they billed themselves as a mainstream camp and then quietly only took the type they wanted. If you’re going to do that, be upfront about it and don’t waste peoples time. There’s plenty of other camps out there, including other camps that have gymnastics and art lessons.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 5:01 pm
Ohmigoodness, I didn't know this was an issue Surprised I sent my daughter to Renana last year, the director was her teacher and recruited a lot of the class. She had a great time and I'm sending her back. I knew there was a space issue (some other girls from her class who didn't go last year couldn't get in this year) but the exclusivity is disturbing Surprised Surprised

snort

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 5:12 pm
They aren’t exclusive everyone shd relax!
They’re a warm wholesome camp experience where the girls thrive! Bec they’re limited in space they try to accept an even amount of girls from each school so one school doesn’t dominate the whole camp, I know the director well it’s def not an elite situation. Don’t know anyone who sent there that had a negative experience at all…
All my daughters friends are going back plus more!

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 5:34 pm
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
Ohmigoodness, I didn't know this was an issue Surprised I sent my daughter to Renana last year, the director was her teacher and recruited a lot of the class. She had a great time and I'm sending her back. I knew there was a space issue (some other girls from her class who didn't go last year couldn't get in this year) but the exclusivity is disturbing Surprised Surprised

My daughter is in your daughters class, and I spoke to Mrs Fischer about it. She said they’re trying to get a mix and not all one type hence their still being openings but girls in their class getting rejected.

snort

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 5:55 pm
I think now they’re completely full
But I know girls from a few diff school that couldn’t get in simply cuz they don’t have space not anything against any school in particular. If you would know the director u wld know that she’s so not that style.
Once they get a bigger building there will be more space for many more fams and I’m sure it won’t be as hard to get in.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 6:42 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
My daughter is in your daughters class, and I spoke to Mrs Fischer about it. She said they’re trying to get a mix and not all one type hence their still being openings but girls in their class getting rejected.

Oh hi Hi Very Happy
I’m glad to hear that, she doesn’t seem the type to reject people like that.

snort

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 7:05 pm

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 7:32 pm
I called camp renana a few weeks ago. She asked what school my daughter is in and when I said bnos Esther malka she said we’re not accepting girls from certain schools.

and there was definitely still room because my neighbors in bais tova and bnos devora got in that week. My daughter wants to go with neighbors it’s fun to go on bus together and after camp sing the camp songs together. Don’t tell me it’s a space issue. Maybe now no room but a month ago there was room and they were not taking from certain schools.

I can understand not taking a lot from one school and not too many nachlas girls but they didn’t take any bnos Esther malka girls and we are very similar to nachlas girls on our block.

I’m still upset and yes it’s being exclusive. I told Mrs schorr the principal of bem and she was horrified and was gonna call Mrs fisher.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:14 pm
Which camp do the girls from bEM go to?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries