Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pulling seforim off the shelves - what's your solution?
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 5:50 pm
MrsLeo, in the house it's too constricting I find for my twins to even have 2 of those gates connected--- they want more free reign.... but outdoors with grass and sun to distract them, that exact gate works wonders--- we were just outside with it today! But neither twin can climb them yet. Your Sarala will be out of it soon! Smile

happymom

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 6:33 pm
I cleared the bottome two shelves and put toys there. that solved the problem Wink

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 8:48 pm
I bought doors for my bottom shelves. I also took the advice of packing the books tightly but that just meant my son was pulling out the bindings. The doors with locks worked the best.

baba

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 3:49 am
we're just very strict on her not being alowed to pull off the books. Every time she starts grabbing a book we tell her no and take her away. Usually I put her on the other side of the room. This way it's just not rewarding to her to go to the books. Now she almost never tries it and if she does, she's clearly testing us. She really knows she's not supposed to.

melalyse

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 2:18 pm
A friend of mine packed their seforim very tightly backwards so the spine is facing inward.

catonmylap

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 5:55 am
We're now going to try working on "no" since the books are no longer too heavy for him.

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 7:28 am
catonmylap,that is just too cute!!!

I suggest putting their books and toys on the bottom shelf,w a beanbag or something like that,so they can have their own space. or putting the shas down on the bottom,tightly.I'm afraid of glass doors,wood sounds better to me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics