Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Rav Chaim Kanievsky זצוק"ל
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:39 pm
DrMom wrote:
BDE.
He was 94 and had a long and fruitful life.

That can be a very comforting thought and is when losing a relative who had arichus yamim.
But you're reminding me of 10 years ago when several elderly gedolim were niftar in short sucession and we had a community asifa. A rav - someone chashuv whom I take very seriously - spoke and said that while it's true that this was the end of a long productive life we are of course still sad but much, much more. It's like klal Yisrael's lost our Iron Dome. As the rav said, no one person could ever take the place of the gedolim who were niftar but all of us together, if we just put in an effort to be more (do what we're doing but put in more, not talking about kabalos) we can all begin to fill the void.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:39 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Hashem might have thought that he fulfilled his task in this world.

For sure, but that doesn't contradict losing the protection of his presence.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:40 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I don’t think that anyone can say that the death of someone at 94 is a shock or a tragedy.

It can still be sad and a great loss.

BDE.

I see your post was reported. I understand the passion but I don't think this is something to report.

Engage, discuss instead.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:45 pm
dveikus wrote:
When we stand up for a Talmid Chacham, we do not stand for his personal honor, but for the Torah he represents. If you are concerned with bringing peace, why not ask the woman who said the death of the Sar HaTorah is not a tragedy to apologize? At best her statement was extremely insensitive to those of us who are mourning the loss of our leader – at worst she belittled the Torah. Why focus on me for calling her out? Why not seek to attain "peace" through her?

Again, I understand the passion and I applaud your kavod haTorah.
But I think that we also need to leave room for the other party to feel comfortable responding. We say hakhe es shinav to the rasha and give him a reality check. I don't think anyone here is a rasha.

noosheen

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 3:19 pm
fmt4 wrote:
trag·e·dy
/ˈtrajədē/

an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe

I didn’t feel that an old person, no matter how great, passing away peacefully, qualifies as a tragedy. But I’m sorry if you felt like I insulted you or him. That was not my intention.

Doesn’t sound like he was niftar peacefully. He had a sudden heart attack .

dveikus

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 3:54 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I see your post was reported. I understand the passion but I don't think this is something to report.

Engage, discuss instead.

To be clear, it was not reported by me.

Sunflower11

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 3:57 pm
[quote="dveikus"]To be clear, it was not reported by me.[/quote
Delete

Last edited by Sunflower11 on Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunflower11

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 3:58 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
But I think that we also need to leave room for the other party to feel comfortable responding. We say hakhe es shinav to the rasha and give him a reality check. I don't think anyone here is a rasha.

I respectfully disagree with letting the other side …… feel free to pm me to debate this further

dveikus

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:07 pm
Gmail wrote:
Dveikus- stand strong! You are 100% correct. I believe you’ll be awarded Up there for standing up for kavod hatorah.
And the ones that disagree should be ashamed of themselves. Yup, I said it and I truly mean it.

I am standing strong - thank you! And please notice that I apologized in case I misunderstood - but then the woman who originally wrote that it isn't a tragedy still doubled down to try and "prove" it wasn't a tragedy! I am not backing down from my assertion that she disrespected the Sar HaTorah and disregarded our feelings – I just decided that to continue arguing is not going to help, but will create machlokes. I just wanted it to be clear I was not the one who reported it, since I had already offered to step down and not argue further. I wanted to show I am good for my word.

So, I stand 100% by what I have written, which I will not delete, but I will not continue to argue further. Thank you for your support!

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:14 pm
DrMom wrote:
BDE.
He was 94 and had a long and fruitful life.

By the levaya for Reb Moshe ztzl , Mayor Koch said
I don’t know why they are all crying, he lived a long fruitful life

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

No she isnt a rasha, shes a Taam

She still said something very hurtful

imafriend

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Engage, discuss instead.

I didn't report it, but I don't think this discussion belongs in this thread.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:30 pm
I am actually in shock and totally numb. In the back of my head I thought he would live forever, I guess. I still remember when R' Aharon Leib was niftar, I remember thinking to myself as a nechamah, we still have R' Chaim to lead us. Who is the gadol hador now?
May he be a meilitz yosher for us. Yehi zichro baruch.

happytobemom

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:32 pm
I'm walking around with a feeling of dread now...

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:52 pm
Gmail wrote:
I respectfully disagree with letting the other side …… feel free to pm me to debate this further

I hope I remember after Shabbos. Wrapping up a few things now and found this.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:54 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
By the levaya for Reb Moshe ztzl , Mayor Koch said
I don’t know why they are all crying, he lived a long fruitful life

I would like to think that we have more clarity than Mayor Koch.
But as I said, this rov said that it's understandable why people would say that but they need to understand the deeper loss.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:54 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
No she isnt a rasha, shes a Taam

She still said something very hurtful

And if someone's a taam (just saying if) we don't blunt her teeth.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 4:56 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I am actually in shock and totally numb. In the back of my head I thought he would live forever, I guess. I still remember when R' Aharon Leib was niftar, I remember thinking to myself as a nechamah, we still have R' Chaim to lead us. Who is the gadol hador now?
May he be a meilitz yosher for us. Yehi zichro baruch.

There's Rav Gershon, shlita.

And of course many more. (We're talking about very ziknei hador.)

Let's all have kavana when we say yekum purkan tomorrow. You can say it at home too.

israelgirl

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 3:23 pm
This is devestating, I'm not sure how to recover from here....

Also, I'm scared. Hashem took R Boruch Ber and R' Elchonon before the nazi's invaded. I honestly am worried now about this massive hole that is left by the Sar HaTorah's Petira.

I think the least we can do is be mekabel upon ourselves to really work on our Ahavas Yisroel. Let's eliminate machlokes and just go forward united. It's a difficult time.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 3:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
For sure, but that doesn't contradict losing the protection of his presence.

But, I don't understand... then the fact. We lost a gadol hador, we losing every generation the gedolim of our generation. Our Rav is always sad that he never met the Chazon Ish but he met Rav Chaim and his father the Steipler zt'l. Tremendous loss of course like it was with other gedolim but Hashem has a master plan and then a new gadol hador will get the job to protect others. We also have lamed vavniks in this world the hidden tzaddikim we don't know them. Hashem renews the world every day he is still creating new tzaddikim new ben torahs etc.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics