Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I think I’ll start intermittent fasting tomorrow
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:09 pm
Will the diet still work if the person isn’t eating healthy in their eating window?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:11 pm
Timely bump. I’m in middle of reading the book fasting like a girl. Has anyone here read the book and followed the protocol?

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 1:18 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Will the diet still work if the person isn’t eating healthy in their eating window?

Yes it will. but results will be even better if eating healthy.

evaeva

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:26 pm
How do you handle the people that pressure you to eat at Simchas?

mikayla18

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:28 pm
My grandmother always eats before she goes anywhere. I just say "I ate dinner already but I'm so happy to be here"

justforfun87

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:33 pm
Please explain for those who are seeing results are you restricting foods within those eating hours?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:47 pm
Also how fast should you start seeing results just from IF?

amother
Sage

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:23 pm
Is there anyone who hasn't found this to work? How long do you need to try it before knowing it isn't a fit?

evaeva

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 3:55 pm
Intermittent fasting is an effective weight loss method, but you must give it time to work. You did not become overweight in a day, so you must be patient while losing weight. The body needs to adjust to the new eating pattern, which may take several weeks to see significant results. You must give intermittent fasting at least 4-6 weeks to show its effectiveness.

If you give it time and remain consistent, intermittent fasting will help you achieve your weight loss goals. Intermittent fasting is not a quick fix; it requires patience and diligence to deliver the best weight loss results.

If 30 days have passed since you began practicing intermittent fasting, yet you do not see any visible changes, here are some probable reasons:

Inadequate fasting times
Not enough water consumption
Frequent alcohol consumption
You are not eating enough calories in your feeding windows
Preference for processed food over healthy fats, lean proteins, and vegetables
You are eating the same calories as you did before beginning fasting
You are practicing an unsuitable intermittent fasting schedule
Inadequate sleep
Overtraining
Lack of exercise

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 4:05 pm
I’ve been losing about 1lb a week
I’m very strict about not eating from 6:30pm- 10:30pm
I try to follow weight watchers during my 8 hours eating time so I don’t go overboard
When I indulged and ate a lot I gained weight so I guess it’s important to limit food intake to a certain extent.
When I find a diet that lets me eat pizza, cheese danishes and milkshakes and still lose weight, I’ll let you know.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:07 am
I started 2 weeks ago and lost 3 pounds. I do not eat between 5 pm and 9 am or sometimes 10.
What are you all doing shavous? Seudah will not end before 11 pm and kiddish is at 8 am what will I do? Regular shabbos we end at 10 seudah and I skip kiddish so eat seudah at 1 pm. But I do not think I can see all the cheesecakes and eat nothing at all until the seudah.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:49 am
amother Sage wrote:
Is there anyone who hasn't found this to work? How long do you need to try it before knowing it isn't a fit?

Worked for me for a couple of weeks, and then I would just be so hungry. I've now basically cut out all sugar and trying to eat healthy. It's way better for me. Need to lose another 15lb still.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise