Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatric dentist Brooklyn fidelis medicaid
Previous  1  2

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 2:24 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Ask Ezra medical to put you on waiting list. Call at inconvenient times like Chanukah etc and ask if there are cancellations. Go once at such a time and after that you’re a patient.

I got excited for a minute but I called and they do not have a waiting list and they wouldn't let me take a canceled appt. for a new patient. Crying

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 2:47 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
I've got news for you - in the *real* world most dentists don't take ANY insurance. At best you will get the insurance to reimburse you a percentage of "customary and reasonable" charges for your dental work - that is generally 50% for any kind of major dental work like a crown.

I don't begrudge people who are getting Medicaid but please don't whine about how your free coverage isn't good enough.

And why should a dentist lose money when they have spent lots of money for a professional education plus the years spent in school and in the clinical residency programs.

This is exactly my point . Going to the dentist is just as important as going to a dr for a yearly physical. Yes there are drs that don't take insurance at all but you will always always find a dr that takes medicaid or any other insurance that ppl in low income families have . That's my point exactly . You can always find a dr to see you for a physical or when you're sick . When you need to see a dentist it's very hard to find one that takes insurance most dentists do not and that's exactly my point ! Drs also paid and worked hard for their degree but they understand that ppl can't afford to pay privately for every visit so they do take insurance. Dentists don't care about their patients bec if they actually did they'd take some sort of insurance that would allow low income families to see a dentist . Don't give me the garbage excuse , they need to make money, they worked hard in dental school . Drs work just as hard and go to medical school for way longer and they take insurance . It's not ok that something as important as dental work isn't affordable for most people .

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 2:49 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I got excited for a minute but I called and they do not have a waiting list and they wouldn't let me take a canceled appt. for a new patient. Crying

This is a huge problem . There aren't enough dentists out there that take insurance . It's very sad that people can't afford to go to the dentist .

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 3:06 pm
amother Lily wrote:
This is exactly my point . Going to the dentist is just as important as going to a dr for a yearly physical. Yes there are drs that don't take insurance at all but you will always always find a dr that takes medicaid or any other insurance that ppl in low income families have . That's my point exactly . You can always find a dr to see you for a physical or when you're sick . When you need to see a dentist it's very hard to find one that takes insurance most dentists do not and that's exactly my point ! Drs also paid and worked hard for their degree but they understand that ppl can't afford to pay privately for every visit so they do take insurance. Dentists don't care about their patients bec if they actually did they'd take some sort of insurance that would allow low income families to see a dentist . Don't give me the garbage excuse , they need to make money, they worked hard in dental school . Drs work just as hard and go to medical school for way longer and they take insurance . It's not ok that something as important as dental work isn't affordable for most people .

For starters outside of frum communities there are very few doctors who take Medicaid and availability of medical care is a huge problem.

I don't know why there are doctors in frum communities that take Medicaid - maybe because the percentage of people in those communities with Medicaid is higher than in other places. I was very surprised when I joined imamothers that finding doctors who take Medicaid didn't seem to be in issue in frum communities.

I don't know what the reimbursement rates are for dental treatments but I suspect they are very low and unless you are running a dental mill not enough to cover the cost of your time and your overhead.

Most doctors don't need much time to see a patient - they are in and out and can see multiple patients in an hour. Most dental work is time consuming and dentists don't typically see multiple patients at the same time - my dentist is with my at least a half hour if not more when he is doing a simple filling versus most doctors I have seen.

I don't think doctors are seeing patients out of altruism for the most part. They make a lot of money and many doctors don't take Medicaid. In the "real" world even with private insurance one is limited to doctors in the network and many of the less expensive plans have very limited networks - especially for specialties and it is difficult to find one.

ETA Based on some threads started recently, it is not easy to find a doctor who accepts Medicaid either as people recommended urgent care facilities which are staffed almost exclusively by PA’s which are a entirely different economic business model than a medical practice staffed by actual doctors. Man doctors no longer accept new patients on Medicaid because they can’t afford to and they have enough better paying patients.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 4:01 pm
For some reason we're seeing lots of urgent care opening, oda is opening a pharmacy. Yet what we really need is a pediatric dentistry. All they care about is there pockets!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 5:09 pm
Bumping this because Zelman/BP dentistry on 18 accepted me as a paitents. Seems to be a good week to try.

Good luck

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:20 pm
I believe its because they arent just two dentists working there anymore. I used to have to wait a long time to fill cavities and now they have openings.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:59 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
oy, I’m sorry. This worked for me, but it was a number of years ago. I guess things changed.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:07 pm
Little Tooth Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics

55 Greene Avenue Suite LLC, 11238
(718) 230-7676 https://g.co/kgs/M1sgP8

I have empire medicaid. Almost sure they also take fidelis. Call to find out.
Highly recommend this place for kids

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:24 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Little Tooth Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics

55 Greene Avenue Suite LLC, 11238
(718) 230-7676 https://g.co/kgs/M1sgP8

I have empire medicaid. Almost sure they also take fidelis. Call to find out.
Highly recommend this place for kids
heard from a few people that their kids filling fell out.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries