Home

Cleaning help talking on her phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:31 pm
I asked her today she should please not talk on the phone while working. I told her a short important phone call is fine.

1. I think talking while working slows her down.
2. It drives me crazy.

She told me what’s the problem if I’m working meanwhile.

I’m really nice to my workers. Sometimes too nice and don’t speak up for myself. I let them step over me.

I feed her well, speak respectfully and don’t ask for change less than $10.

Am I wrong for feeling annoyed and like I want to let her go?

amother

NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:37 pm
I’ve heard finding good Help who shows up and doesn’t steal is hard nowadays.

I’d let it go so long as she’s getting the work done

amother

Cappuccino

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:39 pm
You're the employer and have the right to ask for whatever you want. But don't be surprised if people don't want to work for you under those conditions. If you were cleaning all day, wouldn't you want some distraction?

I have a cleaner who doesn't talk on the phone if it's not an emergency, but that is her choice.

erm

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:41 pm
It drives me crazy that my cleaning girl is on the phone all the time. She works so slowly and is so loud. But until I find a replacement, I’m keeping her

amother

Amaranthus

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:43 pm
My last cleaning lady never spoke on the phone. My current one speaks often but it's for 20 minutes at a time. I see that she's slower while speaking which is annoying. Also it's really loud and I'm trying to get work done, so I find it disruptive. I haven't said anything though.

Dini

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:44 pm
I also think it distracts them from doing the job properly, I ask her to not use the phone but let it go after that, the problem is when she texts or watches clips or videos, totally wrong! If you worked in an office, you would also not talk on your phone, these cleaning ladies get paid pretty well, they shouldn’t be talking in their phones

amother

DarkCyan

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:45 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
You're the employer and have the right to ask for whatever you want. But don't be surprised if people don't want to work for you under those conditions. If you were cleaning all day, wouldn't you want some distraction?

I have a cleaner who doesn't talk on the phone if it's not an emergency, but that is her choice.

Plenty of business have a policy that employees may not use their phone if it's not break time. It's a very normal and common policy.

amother

OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:45 pm
But don't be surprised if people don't want to work for you under those conditions. If you were cleaning all day, wouldn't you want some distraction?

Under these conditions? Seriously?

And yes, I’ve worked 8 hour days and never spoke on the phone unless it was important. Never chatted for an hour.

amother

OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:47 pm
And I’m refusing to keep someone just because I don’t have a replacement. That’s not an excuse to let someone take advantage of you.

I’ve had times in my life where I was desperate and looked away but there’s so much I can look away.

amother

Amaranthus

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:50 pm

It's not acceptable to speak on the phone at most jobs. There are many other options if you need distractions, wearing headphones and listening to music, a podcast the radio etc... no sorry it's not "under those conditions" this is a normal expectation everywhere.

amother

Tulip

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:54 pm
My cleaning lady also, it's like her top priority is her phone. I also want quiet in my house, I hate hearing another person chattering all day. Yes, I also feel like she's starting to take advantage of me, not only with her increase in phone use but with how she cleans also.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette