Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 40  41  42  Next

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 9:49 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
Well, I guess it fits in with the Ami narrative, that all relationships are fixable and therefore no one should ever be estranged from their parents. That parents are capable of turning into this with just a little bit of motivation.

In my own case, I would sooner believe my parents would sprout wings and fly than write such a letter.

Exactly. Gosh this was a frustrating read.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 10:01 am
amother Aster wrote:
I’m so sorry for your pain jet black
Hugs and hatzlocha

Thank you so much for your kind words! Whoever said there aren't nice people here, so not true!

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:58 pm
The ending sounded like Ami told the author to end it within a week, so she had to rush.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Honey wrote:
The ending sounded like Ami told the author to end it within a week, so she had to rush.

My thoughts *exactly*!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Honey wrote:

Aren't they happy to have a longer story?
It really didn't finish!!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:06 pm
I think it was so stupid the whole story was being dragged out, the beginning could have been just as interesting with less installments, and then the end they rush it through. The end needed more installments. They should even out the story a bit.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:38 pm
I missed the ending? I was away for shabbos and there were no amis to be found. I’m following this story and now when it’s done I missed it. Anyone care to fill in?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:50 pm
In short
Aryeh reads a miri an apology letter from his parents and presents her with a diamond infinity necklace

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:52 pm
Lots of times serials feel like that.

koalamum

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:54 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
In short
Aryeh reads a miri an apology letter from his parents and presents her with a diamond infinity necklace

My question is…did he use the $5000 for the necklace? Lol…

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 11:55 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Well, I guess it fits in with the Ami narrative, that all relationships are fixable and therefore no one should ever be estranged from their parents. That parents are capable of turning into this with just a little bit of motivation.

In my own case, I would sooner believe my parents would sprout wings and fly than write such a letter.

I would have loved an ending that takes some time in the future, let's say at a simcha of some sorts. We see that Bella is still pretty much the same, but everyone else's reaction and boundaries makes it all different. Let's say she says something horrible to Miriam. Aryeh comes to het defense and calmly reminds his mother of the boundaries they have agreed to. Bella calms down, but then gets upset about something and threatens not to come to the simcha. Maybe "you obviously hate your mother and are ashamed, fine will all stay home..." Aryeh tells her something along the lines of "you know mommy that you're wanted at the simcha, but I'm not going to engage with this anymore." Bella tries to get her husband to go along with boycotting the simcha, but he says, "I'm getting in the car with the kids and leaving in 10 minutes." Showing that he's stepping up and taking responsibility instead of being absent. Bella folds and joins. Miri acts respectful towards her mil. And Miri's mother engages Bella in conversation and keeps her away from the center of action. Bella find herself enjoying the simcha. Aryeh and Miri reflect on their journey. Acknowledge that Bella is still very difficult, but they now have the tools to navigate the situation.

I feel this would be a realistic happy ending.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 12:52 am
Impressive Sandy town
Well done

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:06 am
amother Aster wrote:
Impressive Sandy town
Well done

What's sandy town

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:33 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I would have loved an ending that takes some time in the future, let's say at a simcha of some sorts. We see that Bella is still pretty much the same, but everyone else's reaction and boundaries makes it all different. Let's say she says something horrible to Miriam. Aryeh comes to het defense and calmly reminds his mother of the boundaries they have agreed to. Bella calms down, but then gets upset about something and threatens not to come to the simcha. Maybe "you obviously hate your mother and are ashamed, fine will all stay home..." Aryeh tells her something along the lines of "you know mommy that you're wanted at the simcha, but I'm not going to engage with this anymore." Bella tries to get her husband to go along with boycotting the simcha, but he says, "I'm getting in the car with the kids and leaving in 10 minutes." Showing that he's stepping up and taking responsibility instead of being absent. Bella folds and joins. Miri acts respectful towards her mil. And Miri's mother engages Bella in conversation and keeps her away from the center of action. Bella find herself enjoying the simcha. Aryeh and Miri reflect on their journey. Acknowledge that Bella is still very difficult, but they now have the tools to navigate the situation.

I feel this would be a realistic happy ending.

This is similar to my life. I don't have a personal relationship with my mom. Like I don't trust her or share anything deeply personal or emotional. Just stuoud things like what I'm making for dinner and funny things the kids say etc. We did a beach trip last week with her and we come for shabbos and yuntiv and all. I recognize she is sick and I'm no longer angry at her. I know it's not her fault she sees the world as a place where she is the victim.

I have string boundaries and like I said don't get personal with her. I also try to convey these ideas to my kids as well. There's an internal distance we have with her.

But she has also changed a lot. She listens to our boundaries and tries to apologize in her own way. Not every person is capable of getting to that place. There's still ups and downs and times we pull back our visits. But overall it's pretty stable.

Some bellas ten years later are still cursing out their kids in public and doing stuff intentionally to hurt them and get revenge on their kids. It's not neccesarily a realistic picture for everyone but it does happen.

birdie1

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:40 am
Did the baby every have his bris???

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:04 am
birdie1 wrote:
Did the baby every have his bris???

Don't think so
He was a preemie

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 8:33 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Don't think so
He was a preemie

Once a preemie is home from the hospital it’s not usually that long until the bris. I was bothered that they only called him “the baby.” Wasn’t he home for a while?

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 8:37 am
Miri should have divorced Aryeh a long time ago instead of putting up all the stuff from his mother

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:14 pm
There might be a follow up, or however they call it, on this story. Maybe Rosh Hashanah/Succos time lol

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 10:49 pm
I was actually hoping that in the letter the parents will say that they came to the decision to part ways. They however feel terrible for putting Miri and Aryeh through all that garbage so they're giving them the 5k towards healing.
Page 41 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room