Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Accomodation for a seminary student/Yerushalaim
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow. That is interesting. Why not? Too little Kodesh? Weak carreer perspectives?
We are not Americans and not living in Israel.
As I wrote above, my daughter went to counselling and Maalot was suggested to her as the best fit: a school with good girls, good kodesh program and academically strong. My daughter is planning to switch to a degree program after two years...

What type of degree program? She will be learning a career in Maalot. I'm not sure though if they get certified by the gov, if not their degrees won't be taken seriously outside the chareidi world

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:37 am
There is a place called Kfar Yeladim David in Ramat Shlomo which services children from disadvantaged homes. There are girls who live there. You can find out if they have Madrichot who sleep there with the girls.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:39 am
Any pnimiyah program I've heard of in Jerusalem that for BY girls is for or end up attracting girls from disadvantaged or dysfunctional homes many of them have issues

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!! Advertise like where?? Any ideas??

I might add that one of the teachers at her school offered to host her, giving her a room to live in. My daughter adored the idea but this somehow just does not feel right to me... I do not feel comfortable doing that. Maybe I am wrong.

Didn't read through thread, but if you know the teacher this sounds like a very good option

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:56 pm
Didn't read through thread, but if you know the teacher this sounds like a very good option

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 3:06 pm
You can post on any Jerusalem email list such as Neve Yakov, Bayit V'gan, Har Nof.,Nachlaot.

Thank You!

libie

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 3:07 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
There is a place called Kfar Yeladim David in Ramat Shlomo which services children from disadvantaged homes. There are girls who live there. You can find out if they have Madrichot who sleep there with the girls.

Thank you. I have talked to DD about a madricha position, she wasn't too enthusiastic Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 3:08 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Any pnimiyah program I've heard of in Jerusalem that for BY girls is for or end up attracting girls from disadvantaged or dysfunctional homes many of them have issues

Thank you. I understand not all of them are, but I'll have to look into it!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
You can post on any Jerusalem email list such as Neve Yakov, Bayit V'gan, Har Nof.,Nachlaot.

What email list are these? id love to join

OP maybe post on ramat eshkol neshei or sorotzin neshei

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:06 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
What email list are these? id love to join

OP maybe post on ramat eshkol neshei or sorotzin neshei

Thank you! Could you provide a link to those? Or where can I look them up?
And yes,I' d live to join the other lists as well

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 4:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Like I said they end up attracting that type even if they aren't for it. I looked into this for someone else a few years ago.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:08 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Like I said they end up attracting that type even if they aren't for it. I looked into this for someone else a few years ago.

I see. Thank you very much

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately this makes sense as living at home os the ideal, so anyone wanting a pnimiya situstion probably does not have an ideal living situation. Something to think strongly about.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, it' s a bit complicated. She' s been on a Naale program for the past couple of years, now completing her Bagrut. And she is making an aliyah, B"H. So the environment is not quite new to her. And she chose this seminary after some counselling of course....

We thought about finding a family but I have my doubts regardig, eg. the issue of yichud and the like. Maybe an elderly woman living alone might be a better option?

How far away do you live? She is already living in Israel -- could she commute to seminary?

salt

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:19 am
LovesHashem wrote:
What type of degree program? She will be learning a career in Maalot. I'm not sure though if they get certified by the gov, if not their degrees won't be taken seriously outside the chareidi world

Most of the maslulim offered by the seminaries are recognized albeit not 'university degrees', and you can make them up to a degree elsewhere after 2 years (bEd, computers, accountancy, etc). (ie. hashlama le-toar) - lots of girls do that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:03 am
DrMom wrote:
How far away do you live? She is already living in Israel -- could she commute to seminary?

She is in Israel, that's right. But we are not:)))She' been attending a Naale boarding school for the past 4 years

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:03 am
salt wrote:
Most of the maslulim offered by the seminaries are recognized albeit not 'university degrees', and you can make them up to a degree elsewhere after 2 years (bEd, computers, accountancy, etc). (ie. hashlama le-toar) - lots of girls do that.

Exactly.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:05 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Unfortunately this makes sense as living at home os the ideal, so anyone wanting a pnimiya situstion probably does not have an ideal living situation. Something to think strongly about.

Good point. Thank you. I was thinking, maybe about students from abrod with no families in Israel. Now I understand the attend a different type of seminaries and those seminaries have pnimiot of their own...

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good point. Thank you. I was thinking, maybe about students from abrod with no families in Israel. Now I understand the attend a different type of seminaries and those seminaries have pnimiot of their own...
Exactly. Or there must be some seminaries that are geared towards the local girls living in pnimiyot during the week, but I am not sure if those are BY type places. I can think of one or two but they are DL.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 7:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Very few BY girls do this and attend an Israeli program. If they do there's usually something deeper going on.

Or they are attending real college and get an apartment with girls. But generally they aren't BY.

Maybe she can find an apartment for BY single girls who have stayed in Israel past Shana bet and are doing college or working. I know there's a few apartments like that. Those are women who are 20 or older.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics