Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Women's gathering
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13 14  15  16  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:50 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
You really love your conspiracies, don't you?

Well there has to be some alternate explanation.
It just doesn't work his way in Williamsburg with filtering smartphones.
I've spoken to a lot of people who had this issue when they wanted to know how to get away with it.
The only solution is usually to go to a non chasidishe location.

Rubies

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:51 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
You really love your conspiracies, don't you?

Cheap of you.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:53 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
The difference might be more about what kind of device.
My story was with a smartphone.
Hers could have been with an iPad or computer.

I've never heard of anyone being able to choose how to filter a smartphone with Williamsburg filtering places associated with Williamsburg mosdes.

Also I think we're confusing 3 different posters here.

I didn't know mosdos are more lenient with laptops and tablets, but if they are then it all makes sense. We didn't own a smartphone at that point, just a laptop and a tablet.

Rubies, I guess this is where we were misunderstanding each other.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:54 pm
The difference might be more about what kind of device.
My story was with a smartphone.
Hers could have been with an iPad or computer.

I've never heard of anyone being able to choose how to filter a smartphone with Williamsburg filtering places associated with Williamsburg mosdes.

Also I think we're confusing 3 different posters here.

I filtered a smartphone too.
I do not have kids in mosdos yet. When I do, tag won’t be enough as they need me to get meshimer (which is a pure business tactic to ensure meshimer has customers)

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:07 pm
To those posters who aren't from the tri-state area and think those of us who are are being closed minded, TAG was started in Lakewood. So it makes sense that we assumed that all TAG offices work the same as the Lakewood one.

Separate point, I'm absolutely horrified at the thought that a school thinks they have the right to track someone's phone. If my kids schools would have tried that I think that would have been the point where I switched to a more modern school. That's beyond unacceptable.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:10 pm
So you got your filter in Williamsburg or Boro Park?

Bp. But what's the difference?

Rubies

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:23 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
Lol no. I'm sorry my experience doesn't fit your narrative. Again, I'm not sure how it works these days, I guess I will report back when I enroll my toddler.

Narrative?
Are you reading all the other posts confirming my points?

I have no narrative.
These are the facts.
Your experience is unique. In Williamsburg, no less.

Please do report back when you enroll your toddler, I'm curious if things will be different.

Rubies

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:28 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
I didn't know mosdos are more lenient with laptops and tablets, but if they are then it all makes sense. We didn't own a smartphone at that point, just a laptop and a tablet.

Rubies, I guess this is where we were misunderstanding each other.

Now that the misunderstanding was cleared up, where does my supposed narrative fit in?

Or, drumroll, there actually was no narrative on my end.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:30 pm
For all those saying they check usage, this is why I haven’t told them at all I have a smartphone. Firstly because I’m not allowed to own one at all so obviously filtering it would do nothing. Second because the tracking activity is only done with a smartphone. If you bring a flip phone in, all they do is disable data. One and done. They have no way to monitor it.
The flip phone I gave in is long broken, I had used it for my kids. But they haven’t said boo. Only given dh a hard time because he gave them a smartphone to filter. He can’t do the flip phone thing since they will never believe him.
The do expect the women to fall in line more.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:33 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:

The do expect the women to fall in line more.

I guess that's why they are pushing this convention (interestingly they aren't using the term asifa this time, maybe that's based on market research and they realize it has negative connotations in regard to technology?) only for women.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:35 pm
Can someone repeat and clarify about Find My IPhone? They disable it? Why in the world.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:37 pm
So I don't live in lakewood, and not in the US at all.

When we applied to high school we had to send in a form together with the application form with a stamp from tag that all our devices have been filtered. I took my phone which had already been filtered by tag thinking all I will need is the stamp, but as soon as they saw the form they told me that have to put a stronger filter according to that schools rules. They insisted the same on all the devices I brought in including my husbands laptop he uses for work. Omg it caused us such a headache. After endless hassle with tag we ended up calling the filters direct like netspark etc, and telling them to just open everything. It took a few phone calls till they did it all the way.

I had to do the same again when I applied for my next child. The tag office the day before the application deadline was packed. I'm not against filters I had already had one, but the school level filter was too intense for me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Can someone repeat and clarify about Find My IPhone? They disable it? Why in the world.

It's somehow connected to the filter so they can see if I removed the filter somehow.
Idk they explained it to me then I don't remember how it works exactly.
But this was meshimer.
I ended up getting meshimer when I put my kid in school because tag wasn't enough for them.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
I guess that's why they are pushing this convention (interestingly they aren't using the term asifa this time, maybe that's based on market research and they realize it has negative connotations in regard to technology?) only for women.

Probably. Satmar itself has done more than one “asifa”. Particularly when they banned smartphones for women. But this expectation also means they underestimate women more. They accuse my husband of lying about having a different smartphone, but they believe I have a flip phone.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 2:42 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
Bp. But what's the difference?

Every location is different.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 2:43 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:

When we applied to high school we had to send in a form together with the application form with a stamp from tag that all our devices have been filtered. I took my phone which had already been filtered by tag thinking all I will need is the stamp, but as soon as they saw the form they told me that have to put a stronger filter according to that schools rules. They insisted the same on all the devices I brought in including my husbands laptop he uses for work. Omg it caused us such a headache. After endless hassle with tag we ended up calling the filters direct like netspark etc, and telling them to just open everything. It took a few phone calls till they did it all the way.

I had to do the same again when I applied for my next child. The tag office the day before the application deadline was packed. I'm not against filters I had already had one, but the school level filter was too intense for me.

I thought TAG was only U.S. based. No idea they had international branches?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:03 am
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:

Maybe the school is too intense for you

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:13 am
If I filtered a smartphone, but then ended up getting a new phone, can tag see right away, that the filter isn’t being used? Curious?

Rubies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:18 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
If I filtered a smartphone, but then ended up getting a new phone, can tag see right away, that the filter isn’t being used? Curious?

They can see the lack of activity or connection.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 9:02 am
In other news.
Laugh

Page 13 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 12  13 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational