Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Any other option than the OR for 3 year old with cavities
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 7:23 am
dreamerforever wrote:
In England there are some practices that offer sedation as an alternative to the OR. It is a very light induced 'sleep' which they are 'under' for around 30-40 mins.

I'm in England.
My 3 year old also has cavities, I looked into sedation as an option but I was told they dont do it for such a young age.

I was told by one childrens dentist that they can try laughing gas but often at this age they dont really cooperate nicely.
Otherwise, it's under anesthetic.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 7:32 am
amother OP wrote:
I live in Brooklyn went to two dentists. They both feel best bet is taking my 3 year old to the OR . He has 6 visible cavities and this is without X-rays. I’m nervous , especially they told me they intubate during anesthesia. Anyone have any other ideas less invasive. They mentioned a medication but doesn’t always work , and with so many cavities haveto come back few times.

I just put my six year old under general anesthesia because he had 3 extractions, 4 baby root canals and 4 cavities filled. We tried wirh the laughing gas, but this was the only way. That being said, don’t go to the OR. Go to dr Preminger in Long Island . I had an amazing experience with him and he will do it right in his office so you don’t have to deal with the hospital.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else have any other ideas or amazing dentists that would work with a 3 year old Brooklyn area

Try Dr Kravitz in BP. I had the same situation with my dc. Two dentists wouldn't go near. She sedated dc in the office not the hospital with a liquid and got the work done.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:24 am
[quote="losingweight"]I did it fo rmy kids with in office sedation and in the OR. The hospital was quicker and easier. One appointment and we were done.

Dr Bloblstein
Boro Park Pediatric Dentistry
718-854-3333
offers laughing gas

Maimonides Dentistry on 13 avenue does the OR[/quote
If you got to Maimonides Dental try to get Dr Kravitz. She's super calm and does an amazing job.

achayl

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:58 am
I did this with one son when he was about 4. He would not sit in the dentist's chair, he cried. He had multiple cavities. The dentist filled and sealed all his molars at one time while he was sedated.

Of course I was nervous before but it was the best decision for this child. He suffered no trauma after unlike some of my other kids who hate the dentist from having minor things done.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:58 am
Please don't freak out about the breathing tube, it's really routine. Anyone who's had any minor surgery had it too.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 11:01 am
amother Snow wrote:
Please don't freak out about the breathing tube, it's really routine. Anyone who's had any minor surgery had it too.

I had a c-section and gall bladder surgery and I didn’t have a breathing tube

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 2:18 pm
How do you know you didn't have? Were you awake for surgery?
When I had my c section under general anesthesia, I was intubated. But the tube goes in after you are asleep and comes out before you wake up. I only know because it was discussed with me beforehand (I had a full stomach at the time and the tube was a protective measure for that.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics